• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

I didn't wash my Wrath, but I rubbed a Lava soap bar all over a Switch. (Same Switch I cut a bit in my overmold durability test)

It literally took nearly all the grip away, and now it's slick as snot. If you have sticky hands and don't like the tackiness of Neutron, this might work for you. Cosmetically it'll look bad, but if it helps...why not?

Threw one of my wraths into the garage floor 10-15 times, then sanded both sides.... still flies like it did when new' will try harder today :D

I played a round at Seneca Creek with brace of Wraths, 161 and 162 (thanks, Aim and Whitefedora!). First impression: the Wrath flies like a mellower Tesla. Compared with my 157 Proton Tesla, the Wrath holds an anny longer, stays straight longer before fading, and has a milder (but still reliable) fade. The Wrath was also longer than I expected for my noodle arm, especially on a low line. My two drives often landed side by side, so I would describe the flight as very predictable.

So far, I like the Wrath a lot. Wrath will replace Tesla for now as my stable-overstable distance driver, paired with the 162 Neutron Inertia. I need to see how the Wrath handles a strong headwind, but I do not anticipate problems at my distance.

Other than sliding the Wraths down the driveway upside-down a couple of times, this was straight out of the box flight. I will be highly interested to see how the Wrath seasons. To help the seasoning process along, I hope to play a Wrath–Fission Volt round at Patapsco Valley this weekend, weather and life permitting.

Best Wrath throw was a practice drive on #25C long, 440' and steeply downhill with the basket set hard left. I put a little anny on the drive to follow the fairway, and the Wrath held the line longer than expected before fading through the guardian trees and landing 30' short of the basket. I Made the putt for my first "Cubby birdie" on that position. :D

#25C long is a tricky hole. The drive needs to hold a very slight anny for a long way, but also needs a strong fade to reach the basket. In my experience, most stable-to-overstable drivers can do one or the other well, but not both. The Wrath did beautifully. Not sure if the hole picture will show up:

media.php

Last edited:
Got my Wrath and P Insanity in the mail today. Haven't had a chance to throw them yet, but I compared the plastics to my Soft N Envy. Honestly, I can't tell a difference between the two. I can bend the Envy a little more, but I think that has more to do with the wing shape, with the wider rim of the drivers just giving more resistance. The flight plate itself has the same amount of play to it. Also, there is virtually no difference between the P and the N in softness.

I am not sure I am going to keep the Wrath, the one I got is drastically different than the one pictured that I ordered. Going to see if one of my local shops has one they might trade me straight up for, otherwise might contact the retailer and be waiting for awhile before getting to throw one still. We'll see.

I've been throwing my blue Wrath at Arboretum, and after breaking in I'm finding it matches the description more. Not quite as OS as that first time out. Using it on a lot of the longer BH and FH holes out there with a lot of success. Parked 18 long a few hours ago on a clean hyzer.

Decided to keep my Wrath, and I'm glad I did. It's exactly what I wanted it to be. I was a little stiff today, so not throwing my best, but the Wrath still flew its intended path, if not as far as I wanted today. It was fairly windy today, and I threw the Wrath for every headwind shot. It handled it with ease. Once I got it dialed in, I had some nice smooth hyzer lines with it. I was also able to get it on a good straight shot for about 80-90% of it's flight before it's pretty healthy fade. Reminded me a lof of a Volt in that regard, with just a stronger fade. Definitely flies a bit faster, but not quite as much glide, so they have similar distance potential for me. I think I'm going to replace my Volt with it when I carry my small bag for now and see how it does.

I've been throwing my blue Wrath at Arboretum, and after breaking in I'm finding it matches the description more. Not quite as OS as that first time out. Using it on a lot of the longer BH and FH holes out there with a lot of success. Parked 18 long a few hours ago on a clean hyzer.

going to post some pictures of a wrath ive been thrashing up the past few days and holy **** is it longer volt for sure. Keeps the LSS (softer vs new) but just seems like it keeps on getting delayed and very little high speed turn. I beat the hell out of it tonight again so will see how it flies tomorrow with the pictures but this surprisingly (well not really I mean axiom molds have been killing it) is just great. I love the tesla and can see a good difference in how these are beating up with the tesla getting some turn im my experience.

Agreed. The Wrath is very straight once broken in, definitely gives me a longer Volt feel. The Teslas I've broken in are more like a longer Eagle X.

I want to pick up a few of these but I feel like the upcoming distance drivers may make these obsolete

still doesn't sound that necessary with multiple volts and teslas in the bag.

if it seasons to a longer volt, I'll just wait for the new drivers and power them down.

I scored a sweet looking black with red rim, 169g Wrath the other day and wanted to share my experience. I know it's already been mentioned by others but I was a bit surprised how soft it was. This thing is floppy and it' gets much worse after sitting in the sun for a while. I'm not a huge fan of the Tesla so I was really hoping this disc would work out. The Wrath feels good and flies decent, but I'm not sure about the floppy-flyer feeling...

I like the softer plate. Gives me a nice feel when pinching it between my index and thumb. Excellent grip for me

the plastic is being firmed up a bit in the Fireball release but keeping the same "tacky" feel.

THANK YOU MVP!

the plastic is being firmed up a bit in the Fireball release but keeping the same "tacky" feel.

THANK YOU MVP!
Good deal. To be honest though, I'm really hooked on the feel of the Plasma Volt I have. I think if I had my way, I think I'd want Fission for my drivers, Plasma for my fairways and mids, and of course Electron for my putters...

still doesn't sound that necessary with multiple volts and teslas in the bag.

if it seasons to a longer volt, I'll just wait for the new drivers and power them down.

like I said, if you DIDN'T enjoy the tesla. . . . . . :D I don't have much use for the wrath either but could easily see bagging a volt, wrath, tesla if I didn't have used and or different weight/plastic versions of them all already. Someone who is just coming onto the axiom or MVP drivers it a GREAT mold.

duh

did you not realize I was talking about myself. I'm on board with the tesla.

So, is the Wrath more OS compared to the Tesla? I'd like something in between the Tesla and Inertia. And going by the description, the Wrath is it, but from reading in this thread it seems to be in between the Motion and Tesla.

So, is the Wrath more OS compared to the Tesla? I'd like something in between the Tesla and Inertia. And going by the description, the Wrath is it, but from reading in this thread it seems to be in between the Motion and Tesla.

I find it a bit more stable than the Tesla at this point. Mine aren't beat in yet. They are definitely not as stable as the Motion. I throw a Tesla at 157 and 160. The Wraths I have are 166 and 157. The Motion I have is 155.

It doesn't have has hard of LSS specially once seasoned like a tesla does. Softer fade with a little more glide like you get with a plasma tesla (I have a pair of protos at 157 and 175) which fly very much like the wrath does. Its not anything OS like a motion and holds anhyzer release longer than a tesla/motion as well as flies less OS in a headwind as those do.