• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

While I'm not an Innova hater, it amuses me that they picked Wrath to somewhat troll Innova while still sticking with their naming convention. It fits right along side Envy just fine. I'm not sure if they have much more room to go with that though. I don't really want to throw a Glutton or a Sloth. Probably not a Lust. I'm on the fence on Pride, and Greed.

Now Fireball...

I've said it before - will say it again: Sloth is the overmold lid.

Back on topic - are everyone's Wrath's soft neutron, or is that just random easter eggs thrown in?

Everyone I have felt is pretty much the same semi gummy core with a stiff rim. That goes for the N insanity as well... I would have to agree with AIM on this, while I can imagine when winter rolls back around that these are gonna be awesome, but a stiffer N version would be a welcome return. Maybe this is just an Axiom thing??...

Last edited:
I've said it before - will say it again: Sloth is the overmold lid.

Back on topic - are everyone's Wrath's soft neutron, or is that just random easter eggs thrown in?

I wonder if Innova is going to try to beat MVP to the name since it's also an animal, and they've proven that they will pick some pretty strange animal names.

As far as the Wrath, mine should be here in a couple days, will let you know on softness. Also have a P Insanity coming that I will compare plastic softness to.

Has anybody ran into any of the older discs molded with this "new" N? I just got a Flylife motion that is the same stiff N we all know, and I am guessing was molded within the last few months...

My Wrath is as soft as both of my Insanities, but somehow much slicker. I generally prefer Proton so the grippy Neutron on the Insanity was nice, but I'm not liking the Wrath right now because of how slick it seems.

try washing it with dish soap.

or do like I do and scuff it up lightly. Can even rub two discs together flight plate to flight plate and wear down the gloss a little.

There were 4 at the shop when I got mine, all softer N, fwiw.

I just got mine Thursday, so with only a few throws, it's not really separating itself too much from the Teslas I'm bagging yet. If anything, it's just a bit beefier, and a little less glidey-seeming than my seasoned 168 P Tesla. It felt almost more predictable, and range-able, in terms of the consistency of the fade, than these 2 Teslas (the other is a fairly new 173 N with the small orbit stamp.) Maybe a bit better in the wind? (This can all change of course, after a couple weeks break-in...it's brand new after all.)

And it surprises me a little, how much I like the grip of this plastic in the damp. Even still in its "shiny" faze, I felt comfortable enough with the disc and the grip, even though it was brand new to me, to throw it on some shots in this tourney last weekend when it was steady raining all day. Feels real nice FH to me as well.

There were 4 at the shop when I got mine, all softer N, fwiw.

I just got mine Thursday, so with only a few throws, it's not really separating itself too much from the Teslas I'm bagging yet. If anything, it's just a bit beefier, and a little less glidey-seeming than my seasoned 168 P Tesla. It felt almost more predictable, and range-able, in terms of the consistency of the fade, than these 2 Teslas (the other is a fairly new 173 N with the small orbit stamp.) Maybe a bit better in the wind? (This can all change of course, after a couple weeks break-in...it's brand new after all.)

And it surprises me a little, how much I like the grip of this plastic in the damp. Even still in its "shiny" faze, I felt comfortable enough with the disc and the grip, even though it was brand new to me, to throw it on some shots in this tourney last weekend when it was steady raining all day. Feels real nice FH to me as well.

Isn't the Wrath supposed to be less stable than the Tesla? Are you getting it up to speed?

My wrath is definitely less OS than any of the tesla(8) that I have had. The only one that was close was one that I intentionally scuffed the crap out of. Both the mikeC teslas ive had were almost a motion they were so beefy. The sparkle proton flies the same line as the mikeC only with a tad less bite at the end. The wrath is a different animal, it flies more like a longer new volt for me.

That's interesting.

The Wrath is max wt and brand new, so I'd like to give it more time before I "stand by" this impression. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting it up to speed...which wouldn't matter. If I wasn't, then I wouldn't be getting the Teslas up to speed either, so stability difference wouldn't flip like that.

Neither of the Teslas I've got right now were at any point uber-beefy like the Mike Cs sound, though...

That's interesting.

The Wrath is max wt and brand new, so I'd like to give it more time before I "stand by" this impression. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting it up to speed...which wouldn't matter. If I wasn't, then I wouldn't be getting the Teslas up to speed either, so stability difference wouldn't flip like that.

Neither of the Teslas I've got right now were at any point uber-beefy like the Mike Cs sound, though...

Good point. There's always variation within a mold, so maybe that's what's going on. Good luck with the Wrath, btw.

My wrath is definitely less OS than any of the tesla(8) that I have had. The only one that was close was one that I intentionally scuffed the crap out of. Both the mikeC teslas ive had were almost a motion they were so beefy. The sparkle proton flies the same line as the mikeC only with a tad less bite at the end. The wrath is a different animal, it flies more like a longer new volt for me.

I would agree. It is a lot like my prototype plasma teslas or a fresh "longer" volt as you mention (maybe a touch more glide or its just the speed difference I'm seeing but doubt that being 1mm) This was most noticeable throwing a fresh proton tesla vs fresh N wrath into a headwind. Tesla had a earlier and harder fade while the wrath held straighter longer with a late softer fade. Really curious to see how these season up-- might just do that today and test some durability while I am at it :rolleyes:

The stiffer hemp doormats were like a dream too!

My Wrath is slicker than my Insanity too. Will have to try the wash first.

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to wash my Wrath later on with Lava soap and a scrub sponge. Maybe it'll make it feel like Fission. :thmbup: