• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

Its amazing how butthurt the innova fanboys are about this. Its almost as funny as how much better some of these trolls could be if they stopped bashing discs they don't throw and actually throw them.

I doubt anyone really cares.

I guess it makes good fake conversation though

I picked up a 165 Wraith the day it came out and now that I've got some field work in with it as well as 4 rounds I'm ready to post my opinion of it.

I have an ok arm. I average 330-350 and max out around 380.

On my very first throw it few exactly like my Tesla. Straight, very OS, with the fade starting pretty early. But from then on the more I use it the more it separates itself from my best in Tesla. It's already replaced it.

This is a very straight disc with a really nice fade on it. It also has some additional glide on it that the Tesla never did for me. My Insanity easily gets out to 330-350 range where my Tesla was touch to break much past 300. I throw my Volts farther then I ever did my Tesla.

I've said in the past that the Insanity (in my opinion) is the only true MVP/Axiom distance driver with the Inertia being a close second. With a little more wear I believe the Wrath will be in this category. After just a little wear I was surprised at the glide and length I was able to get with it.

While still new I don't see any turn with the Wrath but I can see it wanting too. It doesn't take much anny to cox it into a little bit of turn before a strong fade back.

With my Tesla it was more about how much power I could put into it to keep it going straight as long as possible before the fade. With the Wrath I feel like I have much more control. Like all Axiom discs there's more wiggle. MVP discs in my opinion are more stiff which is a feature I love about them.

As for the plastic, I love it. I can see how it may be too soft for some in the middle of the summer but I don't know if it's the plastic or the mold but I can't aBorgue with results. The Inertia and now the Wrath are two of my favorite MVP/Axiom releases.

Bottom line for me. The Wrath is a very straight disc that can take a lot of power and has a big fade but there's a lot possibility for control by manipulating the release angles.

Bfowler- that is pretty spot on to my experience, with the added thing being that my Overhand throwing friends are having a ton of success throwing my Wraths on Thumbers and Tomahawks. I'm very curious to try this out on wooded courses where I need to hit a fairway for 350' before an aggressive hyzer turn. With the way these fly straight on full power shots, and the late consistent fade I think they'll be very successful. My traditional throws on these kinds of holes have an opportunity to turn right or stay straight when I need the fade, and I won't have either of those concerns throwing the Wrath on those lines.

Has anyone tried the Wrath and the Thunderbird side-by-side? I love my Thunderbirds and got a Wrath for the heck of it but figured they might overlap a bit.

Not a lot of Wrath discussion going on. I'm kinda shocked.
Is it that not enough folks have gotten their hands on this mold to give a review?

I've been bagging the Tesla as my DD since its release and it still is a pretty OS flyer for me. I can torque it over and it will ride an forced anny for most of its flight and then will finish with that classic aggressive finish that I love.

I'm pretty excited to demo the Wrath as my new DD simply bc I love the pink and white color combo... I also picked up an Insanity to fill the void of my lost Inertia.

While the hype is enormous for the 12 speed GYRO, I will say that I absolutely love these GYRO 10 speed discs. I often throw bombs that surpass other folks' destroyers and bosses and then smile at them when I can tell them they're speed 10 drivers. Supreme control with PLENTY of golf line distance.

I just like the tesla more right now. This softer plastic doesnt gelp the cause for me. Will be curious to see how they season up but not sure i have a use ITB...

Plasma is less impacted by temperature changes but when it was hot last week my wraths were SOFT. Id say maybe even more so than the plasma volt was that day.

I just ordered a 168 Wrath along with a 168 P Insanity. I don't have a Tesla, so I'm excited about the Wrath. I'm pretty sure the Insanity will overlap with the Inertia to the point of only keeping 1 in the bag for most games.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the Wrath as the most stable disc from MVP I have right now is my Volt, and it's getting pretty seasoned going on 2 years now. I'm a little worried about the softness playing in Texas summer heat, but at least I'll be able to give a good review of how the plastic holds up when the temps reach above 100.

I think you will really like it if you dont have a tesla. Its a fun OS disc to throw just personally not sure how it fits in my bag. Have to get a few more rounds in tho. Tonight they were flying nice in the wind and softer plastic was good being only 44 degrees and raining.

Not a lot of Wrath discussion going on. I'm kinda shocked.
Is it that not enough folks have gotten their hands on this mold to give a review?

I've been bagging the Tesla as my DD since its release and it still is a pretty OS flyer for me. I can torque it over and it will ride an forced anny for most of its flight and then will finish with that classic aggressive finish that I love.

I'm pretty excited to demo the Wrath as my new DD simply bc I love the pink and white color combo... I also picked up an Insanity to fill the void of my lost Inertia.

While the hype is enormous for the 12 speed GYRO, I will say that I absolutely love these GYRO 10 speed discs. I often throw bombs that surpass other folks' destroyers and bosses and then smile at them when I can tell them they're speed 10 drivers. Supreme control with PLENTY of golf line distance.

I'm with AIM in that I have several Teslas that cover a variety of stabilities, so I don't have much interest in trying out a Wrath. Bfowler's comment about the higher distance potential has my interest piqued, but in general the higher stability of the Tesla is part of what I love about it: it's got a super reliable fade without being truly overstable for me at the 350' I get them out to. Much of what I've heard on the Wrath just hasn't moved my interest needle.

I've super curious to try a neutral speed 12 to see how it compares to my Laces, which I've recently been pushing out to 400' with and they're starting to get a little squirrelly at that D. If I could get comparable distance with MVP's increased reliability, I'd be a happy man.

I was getting some ridiculous drives with this thing today. A side wind from left to right, I threw it off multiple hills and the disc performed a tad bit understable but fought the wind and then faded, hard. Set myself up for multiple birdies because of this disc. Really enjoying it.

This disc really surprised me. I didn't think It would be that long at my power before fading hard. Well it is fast as hell out of my hand and goes super straight with a reliable but not meat hook fade. Getting about 10-20 extra feet over my Volts. It's a 167g so maybe that's why it's working so well for me. So ya, just when I was ready to drop anything bigger than my Volts the Wrath and Insanity are too fun to leave out of the bag.

My drivers as of now are: Wrath, N Insanity, Fission/Plasma Volt, N Crave, Resistor.

Guess I'm giving up on the minimal bag for a while.

Man I wish I had better form. This disc just looks so nice flying through the air when it is thrown properly, it really deserves better than me... This is the 10(and a half) speed volt that everybody wants, maybe with just a touch more bite late in the flight....

*waits for the spitballs from the peanut gallery*

I threw it and it's alright. Kinda sorta like a faster Thunderbird to me. A buddy had one and let several of us throw it. The second most common criticism was the shallow rim. A lot of guys didn't like how it felt in the hand. The most common criticism was the lame name. Axiom should be embarrassed for how lazy they were naming this disc. What's next? Equal-X? Firebroad? T-Board? Rawk? Bansheep?

While I'm not an Innova hater, it amuses me that they picked Wrath to somewhat troll Innova while still sticking with their naming convention. It fits right along side Envy just fine. I'm not sure if they have much more room to go with that though. I don't really want to throw a Glutton or a Sloth. Probably not a Lust. I'm on the fence on Pride, and Greed.

Now Fireball...

The second most common criticism was the shallow rim. A lot of guys didn't like how it felt in the hand. QUOTE]

I noticed this as well but I think it has helped me work on my grip. Its hard anyway to grip high speed drivers with short fat fingers. This disc has forced me to focus on the pinch point rather than grip with the pads. It would be nice to have a stiff version of this disc to try FH. Ive tried it a few times but with my limited FH ability it just wobbles out of my hand.

Last edited:
I'm about tired of people bashing MVP for wrath being close to wraith. As far as I'm concerned anything is fair game after the atlas. "Let's make one our first overmold discs a straight flying mid and call it an axis, I mean atlas"