• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

Can you turn your head so I don't have to stand so far away then? :D

tumblr_mjf3hyRUVa1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Wrath surprised me. I threw a pair of them today off some wet teepads and they weren't turning. Solid high speed stability and a late fade. Longer Volt basically. Maybe they'll flip up a bit in better conditions...we'll see.

I like the feel and the flight a lot though. I'm going to bag one and see how it fits in with the Tesla and Insanity I bag. Currently I think my seasoned Tesla is more Eagle X and the Wrath more TB, but I need to throw them back to back in better weather to see for certain.

You described it as more Teebird, which many people say the Crave is Teebird too. Would you call it longer Crave or is it more HSS? The vid makes it look a bit more stable.

Wrath surprised me. I threw a pair of them today off some wet teepads and they weren't turning. Solid high speed stability and a late fade. Longer Volt basically. Maybe they'll flip up a bit in better conditions...we'll see.

I like the feel and the flight a lot though. I'm going to bag one and see how it fits in with the Tesla and Insanity I bag. Currently I think my seasoned Tesla is more Eagle X and the Wrath more TB, but I need to throw them back to back in better weather to see for certain.

Interesting. The fade seems to be sharper and later than the Tesla's, just based off the video. Surprising amount of HSS given the worn Tesla description, since I'm finding the same as you in that my Teslas are losing some (though not a ton) HSS as they wear.

For me the crave seems like a slightly seasoned DX Teebird but in premium plastic. Maybe a bit less glide though. I've always liked DX teebirds over Champ or Star so I absolutley love the Crave.

Interesting to see the initial reactions to this. Even for bionic-armed Mike C this thing is looking fairly overstable. Might have to find a local power player to toss mine for a full-spectrum review.

No more reviews on the Wrath yet? I'd like to see Mike's take on a full round. Also, any chance of profile pics comparing to the Tesla?

Threw a 152-gram Wrath a bit over the last few days, and it flies noticeably different than Mike's in the video.

Even at lower power, there is some slight initial turn, followed by a nice penetrating fade. It's beefy, to be sure, but a useful beefy. In fact, if I were right handed and had more use for the shot shape, I think I'd use this disc a lot.

I can throw it into a headwind and it handles fine, too, even at the lower weights.

Had a couple higher-powered friends throw it, and they were able to get even more turn out of it than I was, with nice S-curve flights.

Need to throw it more, but the light weight is a nice treat in this plastic. If you are looking for a workable Wrath and are in the low power range, snag a light one. Or, if you have a cannon and want a Wrath with some wiggle, these will be for you.

Latest posts