• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

Nice, onemilemore! Sounds like a great disc at that weight. Do you happen to have a light Tesla to test it against?

@BigSky, thanks for the pic. Looks very similar on the underside, just a flatter top is what I'm seeing.

@Onemile, that's encouraging. Hopefully I can find a low 160s when they are released.

@Mike, no worries. Get healthy, that's way more important than a vid.

Hopefully these will season like a volt and become straighter while tesla is more similar to a shock that gets a little turn but still has a nice fade.

got to rip the wrath a little tonight. Its different from a tesla for sure but can see lower power players not finding much difference at all. I think what sticks out the most is the fact there is a little added glide to the wrath like I see with my plasma teslas but a strong HSS and more forward LSS.

Cool disc for sure and really curious to see how it beats in if the HSS stays strong and LSS diminishes or vice versa.

Agreed on the extra glide. I think for a lot of people, myself included, deciding Tesla VS Wrath will come down to how they each wear.

Right now the Wrath has the edge due to bright, easy to film colors :p Axiom's or MVP Eclipse always get preference for that reason.

got to rip the wrath a little tonight. Its different from a tesla for sure but can see lower power players not finding much difference at all. I think what sticks out the most is the fact there is a little added glide to the wrath like I see with my plasma teslas but a strong HSS and more forward LSS.

Cool disc for sure and really curious to see how it beats in if the HSS stays strong and LSS diminishes or vice versa.

I think a low 150s Wrath can be useful for lower-powered players. Definitely a workable kind of beefy, and there is some noticeable glide to it like you mentioned. However, I find the Volt easier to get up to speed and to have similar distance, so that might be the toss up for those in the low power spectrum.

Agreed on the extra glide. I think for a lot of people, myself included, deciding Tesla VS Wrath will come down to how they each wear.

Right now the Wrath has the edge due to bright, easy to film colors :p Axiom's or MVP Eclipse always get preference for that reason.

Wear pattern may definitely play a part, but I think initially that feel in the hand could be a deciding factor. The Wrath has that similar faux dome feel to it like the Insanity does, whereas the Tesla is pretty damn flat. If you're already tossing Insanities and want something to have a similar feel, the Wrath is a better option.

I have a pair of hot pink pretty thrashed teslas along with a fresh pink proton as well as my very beat up Nikola and then the 150g/max plasma pair. Pretty heavily invested in the tesla right now so its going to take some great shots from the wrath to pull off a VS kind of thing in my bag.

I REALLY hope for whatever reason the HSS stays the same but the LSS "fades out" (hehe) and it becomes a truly longer volt or something.. Then again, those damn plasma volts were flying stupid far tonight! :hfive:

Wear pattern may definitely play a part, but I think initially that feel in the hand could be a deciding factor. The Wrath has that similar faux dome feel to it like the Insanity does, whereas the Tesla is pretty damn flat. If you're already tossing Insanities and want something to have a similar feel, the Wrath is a better option.

Definitely agree and nice way to word it. The wrath is much more like a plasma tesla in feel and flight with a little harder LSS. I need to match them up and see how the two discs compare in the morning, PLH wise.

Last edited:
I was honestly not too sold on the Wrath after my first few throws. I put them in the hands of my buddies and re-evaluated them myself and have changed my mind. Just like the Tesla for me I have to think of the Wrath as a slower disc than the speed considers. It holds a line on a full power rip with almost no turn and after 80% of it's flight gets a healthy fade. It is especially nice on a forehand. The weird thing about the Wrath is that it doesn't care how much power you put on it, it just holds the line a LONG time before the finish. It doesn't have insane glide though like some discs like the Volt, but is great when you need to trust your disc in inclement weather. I threw them today on a 500' downhill hole in a 25-30 mph headwind today and it flew exactly the same as in a tailwind. Held its line 400' before a nice fade at the end towards the basket. My Overhand throwing friends fell in love with it immediately. That is not my strength, but a couple guys who usually sit around 320' Overhand were getting the Wrath out consistently 340-50 with no problem on a gorgeous tight consistent line. This will definitely phase into my bag in the right conditions and on the right courses.

yeah It holds a release angle longer than the tesla which the LSS wants to kick in sooner until really beat up which is where I see the comparison to a beat tesla. It does fly a LOT like my very old first thrown and bagged teslas do but feels like a plasma tesla in the hand that handles wind better and has a stronger fade when new. I was even throwing some shorter forehands with it and like you mention it does fly really nice.

I was hoping for a more stable version of the Insanity. Less turn and more fade but still get that easy to throw distance.

To the guys who have thrown it what would you say the numbers are on it?

in that sense it is a no turn and more fade insanity but doesn't have "easy" to throw distance just nice glide like the insanity does vs a tesla.

to me the 172g matching pair were flying roughly (brand new too)

10/5/0/2-3

I was hoping for a more stable version of the Insanity. Less turn and more fade but still get that easy to throw distance.

To the guys who have thrown it what would you say the numbers are on it?

Unfortunately it does not have that easy to throw Distance. The Insanity is most definitely a distance driver. The Wrath for me flies more like a tweener between fairway and distance despite the speed. It flies great, and has big distance potential, but not more distance potential than other discs a couple speeds below it, just more interesting lines. It's surprising how well it holds a line before the finish but with no turn. I am consistently outdistancing the Wrath with both the Insanities and the Volts, but there are shots I'll be able to pull off with the Wrath that I haven't had a disc capable of before.

As far as numbers I am clueless. I have never paid attention to them and would struggle to give them to you. If you are familiar with the Tesla though my comparison would be the Tesla holds a line up till 70% of a flight before fading. The Wrath will do that until 80% of it's flight which will help when the turn is deeper down a fairway and you need to guarantee you do make that late turn instead of potentially accidentally holding straight or turning over.

Unfortunately it does not have that easy to throw Distance. The Insanity is most definitely a distance driver. The Wrath for me flies more like a tweener between fairway and distance despite the speed. It flies great, and has big distance potential, but not more distance potential than other discs a couple speeds below it, just more interesting lines. It's surprising how well it holds a line before the finish but with no turn. I am consistently outdistancing the Wrath with both the Insanities and the Volts, but there are shots I'll be able to pull off with the Wrath that I haven't had a disc capable of before.

As far as numbers I am clueless. I have never paid attention to them and would struggle to give them to you. If you are familiar with the Tesla though my comparison would be the Tesla holds a line up till 70% of a flight before fading. The Wrath will do that until 80% of it's flight which will help when the turn is deeper down a fairway and you need to guarantee you do make that late turn instead of potentially accidentally holding straight or turning over.

Man, this is the Wrath in a nutshell. Might not even need to write a review of it now. ;)

Seriously though, gcr hit it on the head. Same holds true for me with the distance on Insanities and Volts, but the Wrath opens up some nice lanes for low skip shots and will certainly hold up in a headwind (even in 150 class). If you're carry a minimal amount of molds, you may not need it over a Volt, but if you don't mind carrying the kitchen sink you can find uses for both.

Unfortunately it does not have that easy to throw Distance. The Insanity is most definitely a distance driver. The Wrath for me flies more like a tweener between fairway and distance despite the speed.

That's what I was a afraid of. That's one of the reasons I love my Insanity so much. Really feels like a distance disc. Don't get me wrong I love all the MVP/Axiom lines but discs are coming out now that cover lines I already cover with my Volts, Amps, Teslas, etc. I'm just excited to see MVP come out with discs that can challenge the Innova Wraiths and Katanas in my bag.

If you are familiar with the Tesla though my comparison would be the Tesla holds a line up till 70% of a flight before fading. The Wrath will do that until 80% of it's flight which will help when the turn is deeper down a fairway and you need to guarantee you do make that late turn instead of potentially accidentally holding straight or turning over.

When the Tesla first came out I did not like it at all. Too overstable for me and didn't go as far as any of my Volts. That was the SE. Then later I stumbled upon a Tesla with an extremely soft pale lavender faceplate. I mean this thing is soft. I'm pretty sure it's one of those proto plasmas. It flied a lot better than my SE one and I've been throwing it for a few months now. In the last few weeks it's really started to gain a lot more glide and distance. A beat in Tesla is becoming one of my favorite discs so if the Wrath does fly like an already beat in Tesla and has the plastic more like the Insanity I think it'll replace my Tesla. If it beats in along the same lines and becomes a little more understable than a beat in Tesla it'll be right in my wheel house.

Latest posts