• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis of Evil

Leopard said:
Also to contribute to the topic of the thread.... :)

I threw an Axis today and I'm really impressed. Definitely made the bag on the spot. I like the stable flavor of QMS, and it seemed like the Axis would jump right into that role.

I got a 180 bright green
:clap:

How is "Axes" unnatural? Different strokes for different folks... =)
Leopard said:
Also to contribute to the topic of the thread.... :)

I threw an Axis today and I'm really impressed. Definitely made the bag on the spot. I like the stable flavor of QMS, and it seemed like the Axis would jump right into that role.

I got a 180 bright green
Every time someone writes something about the Axis comparing it to different discs it just sounds more and more like my favorite orange FR P-MD2's, except more glidey, more durable, actually in production and done by the only company that can claim any real sort of consistency between runs. Sounds like it's going to replace my P-MD2's when I can get my hand on some...

@cmrichar: Did you send them to Powergrip already?

The axis flies as advertised. Takes over that perfect work horse mid spot where I need something that'll give me some hyzer, dead straight and slight annys. The axis is an intuitive disc, and to me it really flies a lot like a more neutral late run Ion in terms of stability and workability. It resists turn just enough to make it a lazer, but not enough to kill its line shaping ability, and I like that.

jubuttib said:
How is "Axes" unnatural?
easy -- the first thing that comes to mind for my audience would not naturally be "axes" the plural form of axis. i do use the word 'axes' in conversation, but only to nerds.

-------------

i admit it's hard to parse through the reviews of the Axis so far. it's just not in enough hands yet. after today with a few Ions and that Axis, i think it's enough to sum it up this way: the GYRO effect is legit, we know that from the Ion's drive -- the Axis has a great wing profile that any nerd on here would recognize as a nice hybrid of straight-mid wing features -- and put together, this is a neutral mid with a line-locking boost, and a glidey mid with a distance boost -- making it a freaky sweet straight mid.

Well, this disc kicks serious ass.

It flies so well across the entire power spectrum, I can't wait to hit up the Charlotte area with these suckers.

Lemmie axe you a question, in which direction does proper grammar affect the disc stability, would it be more or less stable and would said stability be of the low or high speed variety?

mshelton said:
Lemmie axe you a question, in which direction does proper grammar affect the disc stability, would it be more or less stable and would said stability be of the low or high speed variety?

Well, it depends highly on the atmosphere conditions when discussing your stability. If the atmosphere is heated up, axes might start falling sooner than one'd expect, but in cold climate they stay on their intended trajectory, be it towards a tree or a head.

Leopard said:
i admit it's hard to parse through the reviews of the Axis so far. it's just not in enough hands yet. after today with a few Ions and that Axis, i think it's enough to sum it up this way: the GYRO effect is legit, we know that from the Ion's drive -- the Axis has a great wing profile that any nerd on here would recognize as a nice hybrid of straight-mid wing features -- and put together, this is a neutral mid with a line-locking boost, and a glidey mid with a distance boost -- making it a freaky sweet straight mid.

Man I was trying to hold out for a lighter Axis, but you guys sure make it hard. I broke down and placed an order for two. Had them sent to the office to avoid spousel detection as I was told to many frisbees have been showing up. It doesnt help when your 5 year old son runs through the house yelling look dad more frisbees when do we go outside to play with them.

mattw said:
Leopard said:
Man I was trying to hold out for a lighter Axis, but you guys sure make it hard. I broke down and placed an order for two. Had them sent to the office to avoid spousel detection as I was told to many frisbees have been showing up. It doesn help when your 5 year old son runs through the house yelling look dad more frisbees when do we go outside to play with them.
Leopard sums it up very well. The Axis is arguably the straightest mid out of the box for both drives and shorter approaches.

I just got my axis, vector, and new a new clear non textured ion. I still hate how this ion feels even with the texture gone. The vector and axis on the other hand feel really nice to me. I am excited to give them a toss.

got my axis today as well, i've only thrown it once so i'm about to go out back and chuck it as far as i can a few times.

Got myself the last Axis at a local store. Lady said they sold out quickly. Looking forward to giving it a throw, I love the feel. Got an Ion as well, these are my first MVP discs and I'm hoping to fall in love. Have a buddy with a Vector that he never throws, hoping I can make some trades and get it off of him and run the Vector/Axis/Ion setup... Thinking the gyro will rock on my flicks as well...

so my red axis has a slight dome and i was under the impression that besides some of the pinks they were mostly flat?

They should have a slight dome, and by that I mean not board-flat or concave.

Man, this thing really holds a line. Hit some hyzer-flip and long turnover lines today with my Axis that I have never done as well with Rocs or MD2s. Definitely continues to impress me.

Latest posts