• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis of Evil

Basic MIDARi is pretty much P/new D-MD2 stability, but is faster and has less glide. Pretty Buzzz-like but little glide.

Premium MIDARi has a tad more fade, but is similar otherwise.

jubuttib said:
Basic MIDARi is pretty much P/new D-MD2 stability, but is faster and has less glide. Pretty Buzzz-like but little glide.

Damn, no one has the Basic Midari in the states... not even ebay. I dig that basic grippy plastic even though it beats up quickly.

So if I can pull the Axis 280' on a 15' high thrown flatish golf line and the Z Buzzz goes a little further on the same line, how far could I expect the Premium Midari and P-MD2 to go? Also, could anyone compare the Premium Midari and or P-MD2 in HSS to Axis? thanks

7ontheline said:
jubuttib said:

Damn, no one has the Basic Midari in the states... not even ebay. I dig that basic grippy plastic even though it beats up quickly.

So if I can pull the Axis 280' on a 15' high thrown flatish golf line and the Z Buzzz goes a little further on the same line, how far could I expect the Premium Midari and P-MD2 to go? Also, could anyone compare the Premium Midari and or P-MD2 in HSS to Axis? thanks
if you cant get it further than that why dont you throw a driver?

Triflusal said:
7ontheline said:
jubuttib said:

if you cant get it further than that why dont you throw a driver?

On low lines, that's plenty far for what I need for now. Perhaps I should have said less than 15' high or even 10' high. I can air out my xbuzzz 340' so I don't think power is the problem instead I think more practice, with whatever I finally arrive at for my less than TB stable slot, will lead to more confidence which in turn will lead to more distance. The main reason I'm currently shopping for a premium plastic mid is that it will stay stable longer, thanks just the same as I'm certain more distance will follow.

7ontheline said:
Also, could anyone compare the Premium Midari and or P-MD2 in HSS to Axis? thanks
P-MD2: Tough question... I don't have much experience with the Axis yet, but I think it might be more HSS in the long run. It's not a huge difference though.

Premium MIDARi: Again, tough question. Somewhat more HSS than the Axis, but not as wind resistant (for me) as my C-MD2's.

jubuttib said:
Premium MIDARi: Again, tough question. Somewhat more HSS than the Axis, but not as wind resistant (for me) as my C-MD2's.

Okay then... C-MD2 and Premim MIDARi slightly less stability than the flight path as a newish Sanny Roc? If so, they might be more overstable than I'm looking for in my stable straight slot. thanks again all

7ontheline said:
jubuttib said:
Okay then... C-MD2 and Premim MIDARi slightly less stability than the flight path as a newish Sanny Roc? If so, they might be more overstable than I'm looking for in my stable straight slot. thanks again all
No idea how a Sanny Roc flies, never thrown one. I'd wager that any new Roc would/should have more fade than either a proper C-MD2 (might start out with a pretty hefty fade) or a Premium MIDARi. A good C-MD2 (best are gummy, flat, opaque and pink) won't fade much more than the Axis on a harsh rip, but it can handle itself better when overpowered or thrown into a headwind. A Premium MIDARi doesn't readily turn, but it doesn't fade much either. More than the Axis, but still not that much.

jubuttib said:
7ontheline said:
jubuttib said:
No idea how a Sanny Roc flies, never thrown one. I'd wager that any new Roc would/should have more fade than either a proper C-MD2 (might start out with a pretty hefty fade) or a Premium MIDARi. A good C-MD2 (best are gummy, flat, opaque and pink) won't fade much more than the Axis on a harsh rip, but it can handle itself better when overpowered or thrown into a headwind. A Premium MIDARi doesn't readily turn, but it doesn't fade much either. More than the Axis, but still not that much.

Sanny rocs have much more fade than an Axis. provided you put enough spin on the Axis to let the gyro do its thing.

Vector knocked the KC Pro Roc outta my bag for headwind/overstable mid, and Axis removed the Sanny for straight shots, though sometimes i do miss the Sanny... but most of this is just because i got very comfortable with its fade and flight.
If the sanny flew as far or as straight as the Axis, it would still be in my bag. Also the Axis requires much less height to travel its distance, the roc requires more height and i just couldn't ever get it far enough out on the low ceiling shots. Instead i used to just powerdown a River and hyzerflip it to flat, but this also felt wrong due to the crashing fade of a slowing driver as compared the fade of a straight midrange... and the evil skip my River loves to take after perfect drives *shakes fist*

Oh poop.
2n71bvn.jpg

sfkxvt.jpg

No idea what it hit, but it had to be seriously sharp.

EDIT: This new overmold (since the Vector, haven't seen it in the textured nor the re-tooled IONs) doesn't seem to be as resistant to chunking as the older, softer and gummier one. I've NEVER seen anything like this, not even close, happening to an ION, and I have a really sharp and edgy basket.

uh oh discspeed is probably going to yell at you for doing it wrong. You probably messed up the GYROTM technology.

7ontheline said:
Fair warning Finns... when jubuttib says 7/10 condition on his Axis trade :roll:
So, don't forget to report how it flies...
I'll probably throw it a few times tomorrow if the weather holds up. I already decided to make the orange one my main and I had some fun with the green one, boiling water was involved... It's now slightly domier than the orange and has a slightly higher PLH, I'm hoping that'll compensate for the chunk. I actually only noticed the chunk after I had finished horsing around with it, I wanted it to be a bit more stable anyway.
Fightingthetide said:
What are your thoughts on it so far, jub?
It's like a more glidey and premium plastic version of my best seasoned orange FR P-MD2's. I like it very much between Vector and beat D-MD2's, but it did not even shake my C-MD2's. The C-MD2 is still my best neutral power mid and the Axis will take over the neutral finesse mid slot.
Triflusal said:
uh oh discspeed is probably going to yell at you for doing it wrong. You probably messed up the GYROTM technology.
Bracing for impact...

Ah ha! Boiling water was the culprit not your homemade disc catcher. I only got a "C" in chemistry but I'm certain that changed the molecular structure or something sciency like that.

jubuttib said:
Fightingthetide said:
What are your thoughts on it so far, jub?
It's like a more glidey and premium plastic version of my best seasoned orange FR P-MD2's. I like it very much between Vector and beat D-MD2's, but it did not even shake my C-MD2's. The C-MD2 is still my best neutral power mid and the Axis will take over the neutral finesse mid slot.

So what do your C MD2's do that the Axis doesn't, and vice versa?

Just got to the field with mine, wow that thing is straight, thrown with a very slight hyper flipped a touch flew straight and minimal fade. Might have just taken care of my buzzz love affair. Its a blue 178. I can feel it pull out of my hand when I let it rip, something satisfying about that feeling, anyone else feel that?

vtbuzzz said:
I can feel it pull out of my hand when I let it rip, something satisfying about that feeling, anyone else feel that?

Ditto. It's great.