• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad Lie Pics

IIRC the rule was written for dry climates where cracks open up in the ground at random times throughout the summer, not to help people not have to play tough lies.

^So if the player deemed the drainage pipe unplayable (which he can do at his discretion), can he use rule 803.08 to move the lie above the pipe in order to avoid unplayable lie penalties?

No, the unplayable lie rule clearly only allows you to play from the previous lie with a penalty.

Brotherdave threw a drive down a hole in a tree today. Deep and dark. lopan12 managed to drag it out with a long stick and some effort. Would have loved a picture, but it would have been too dark. Tree had two long trunks that 'spread' perfectly. I'll leave it to the imagination what jokes were being tossed around. Classic shot. Probably never see it again.

IIRC the rule was written for dry climates where cracks open up in the ground at random times throughout the summer, not to help people not have to play tough lies.

I agree, but the rule is written so simply that it can be applied to other parts of the game. Wouldn't most agree that the 'playing surface' is the grass above the drainage pipe? I understand the meaning and intent of the rule, but where does it say that this situation does not apply to it?

Not trying to be annoying, just seeking exact clarification; because we have used this rule in the past.

Not really a bad lie - more of an unusual one. Disc kicked off a tree on the left side of the fairway, and gently wedged as pictured. Fortunately it was a practice throw.

By the way, I am looking for more Valks like the one in the picture - Star, 152-155, Pyramid Doubles stamp. Anyone wanna part with any? :)

picture.php

Not really a bad lie - more of an unusual one. Disc kicked off a tree on the left side of the fairway, and gently wedged as pictured. Fortunately it was a practice throw.

By the way, I am looking for more Valks like the one in the picture - Star, 152-155, Pyramid Doubles stamp. Anyone wanna part with any? :)

picture.php

In case you don't know, Pyramids is the course at MarshallStreetDiscGolf.com. HOEY may be able to find a few on the racks if any still exist at the store.

In case you don't know, Pyramids is the course at MarshallStreetDiscGolf.com. HOEY may be able to find a few on the racks if any still exist at the store.
Thanks, but I bought the last one that Marshall Street had listed. Hoey, are you hiding any more 150s Pyramids Doubles Star Valks for me? :)