• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad Lie Pics

This past weekend out at Hawk Hollow I had one stick right in the bank of the creek. It was maybe a foot above the water and it went straight into the bank it wasn't angled at all. Didn't have my phone with me to snap a pic but Biscoe was there :D.

Fixed it for you :D And I never see turtles that big hanging out around here.
(Side note why isn't there a low speed driver named Turtle?)

picture.php

Hole 5 at Oak Grove, Pasadena CA

Oak Grove's Facebook page is using this image for their Amateur Weekly event, and I think that is AWESOME.

So I was wondering how old that turtle was, so I did a little research and from the video I took that turtle's shell is probably about 10 inches from head to tail (as the Cro diameter is 8.3 inches and there is a good amount of shell still showing from the edge of disc towards the head, and a little more towards the tail.) I think that is probably more on the conservative side.

In the information I could find it placed a turtle with 11in from head to tail (shell length only) at aprox. 25 years of age; so I think it would be reasonable to place this turtle at at least 20 years old. The carapace is very smooth and the ridges are very flat and smoothed out, I couldn't see any growth rings either which as far as I can tell only adds to this guy/girl's age (as growth rings and the triple ridges are found on younger snappers only.)

So
freaking
cool.

Thanks for the embed von!:hfive:

So I was wondering how old that turtle was, so I did a little research and from the video I took that turtle's shell is probably about 10 inches from head to tail (as the Cro diameter is 8.3 inches and there is a good amount of shell still showing from the edge of disc towards the head, and a little more towards the tail.) I think that is probably more on the conservative side.

In the information I could find it placed a turtle with 11in from head to tail (shell length only) at aprox. 25 years of age; so I think it would be reasonable to place this turtle at at least 20 years old. The carapace is very smooth and the ridges are very flat and smoothed out, I couldn't see any growth rings either which as far as I can tell only adds to this guy/girl's age (as growth rings and the triple ridges are found on younger snappers only.)

So
freaking
cool.

Thanks for the embed von!:hfive:

:rolleyes:^Hippy^:rolleyes:

That lil' bastich took a good snap at the camera at the end, though! I would've been tempted to let it clamp down on some DX.

(^ Great screen name! :clap:)

Edit: directed towards BillyBeru.

Thanks.... (I'm prob thread padding now) its a nickname I got in college while I was working at P.T's Grille in Wilmington NC and it has stuck with me ever since... more to do with beer and less with golf at that time tho. Anyway. Man I miss that place, and those people! Okay back to bad lies....

And yeah that little f'er tried to take my hand off, he was grumpy as hell. I even got in the car, and as I was driving away I was parallel to him about 60 ft away on a side rode and I just stopped and took another look at him as he was making his way across the course.... he moving sideways away from me at an angle and he just stops and curves his head around and STARES me down. I thought dude was gonna carjack me.

Thanks.... (I'm prob thread padding now) its a nickname I got in college while I was working at P.T's Grille in Wilmington NC and it has stuck with me ever since... more to do with beer and less with golf at that time tho. Anyway. Man I miss that place, and those people! Okay back to bad lies....

And yeah that little f'er tried to take my hand off, he was grumpy as hell. I even got in the car, and as I was driving away I was parallel to him about 60 ft away on a side rode and I just stopped and took another look at him as he was making his way across the course.... he moving sideways away from me at an angle and he just stops and curves his head around and STARES me down. I thought dude was gonna carjack me.

I would like to have seen this happen. :D

My first bad lie pic, and its a peach. :| :gross: :sick:

Tee shot on hole one at Old Farm :

attachment.php

The Buzzz is the only thing in the pic that's mine. Kentwood, MI=the new inner city. :|

Attachments

• Sick lie.jpg
    Sick lie.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 947
Nice, gotta love the Old Farm vibe. :gross:

Nice, gotta love the Old Farm vibe. :gross:

I told myself that my disc didn't touch it, just missed it. :|

After a few more holes, I noticed glow sticks in some baskets as well as three or four more eh, prophylactics and their packages scattered on the ground. I figured nobody was using that many of them and it was just a prank.

This is how I will be able to sleep tonight. :| :|

Last edited:
Here's one from George Wilson in Mishawauka, In. I wish I could say that wasn't my disc, but it is...EPIC FH shank (abetted only somewhat by the gusty winds). It took four of us a while to find it. :eek:

picture.php

Latest posts