• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Best Discraft Discs

Crystal Z Buzzz SS. Money turn over mid. Only thrown it a handful of times and I'm in love.

If you are looking to fight a left to right or vice versa wind, try a Reaper. Personally I throw and Innova Monster there but if you are looking for Discraft I think that's what I would recommend.

Reaper? I guess I will most likely just stick with the eagle. I wanna try out an Elite-X Buzzz & Pro Valkyrie

Predator in Z or ESP FLX.
Buzzz in Ti

Hope they make a Ti pred.

Pred in Z.. Got it.
Buzzz in ESP, ESP Flx, and Ti.. Got it :)

Ti Pred would be pretty sick. I'd have to pick one up.

Comets are sick! just sick

i think Discraft no longer makes the X comets and ESP are Limited Edition. I'm hoping this changes because they are really nice plastic types for that mold.

when you don't know what to throw off the tee it is almost always a Buzzz throw. layup for a long possible putt.

So I just happened to go through the "in the bag section" of DC's webpage for something like the top thirty players and there is a definate pattern. I bet that the below would be found in the vast majority of the team's bags. The ones in bold are almost universal. I don't think that all of the lists are up to date, but they definately were sure to get the Nuke on everyone's list.

Nuke
Surge
Force
Predator
Avenger and/or Avenger SS (SS for rollers)
Buzzz
Challenger
O/S Hive discs (Wasp, Drone, Hornet)
XL

Personally, I think that their mids are almost universally good. You can go for a fast, near-driver setup of Meteor/Buzzz/Hornet or a slower and more glide-based Comet/Comet/Wasp combo. The Challenger is a very close replica of BB Aviar, which is one the most popular putters on the market. The Magnet is also a seriously overlooked putter.

In the relm of fairway and distance drivers, I think that they give up a lot of ground to Innova. To be fair, it's hard to compete with the numerous good options that are well established in the market. The best from DC are the Avenger and Avenger SS, XL, Predator, Stalker (not a fan myself), and the Flash.

At the top end, there isn't much that you can't do with a Surge, a Force, and a few good Nukes.

Besides the obvious, an oldie but a goodie is the MRX. Soo much glide and straight. Found my first MRX at a garage sale, now if I see one I buy it.

Nuke, Force, Surge, Stalker
Comet, Buzzz, Wasp (only if really windy), Drone
Challengers

IMO (and many others) The Buzzz is the finest disc made. There are many rounds that all I have with me are two Buzzzs and a Banger.
My personal favs are:
Mids - Buzzz, Drone, Comet
Putters - Banger GT, Challenger
Drivers - Predator, Nuke, Nuke OS, Avenger, Avenger SS, Stalker
and for the record, Elite Z OWNS Champion, and ESP is far more consistent than Star (although few things are better than a GOOD piece of Star plastic). Titanium is ok, but so far I'm not sold on it.

I got an Avenger SS in ESP and Z and found the ESP broke in way too fast. I like everything I've thrown from Discraft, I throw:

Surge
Avenger SS
XL
Buzzz
Comet
Banger GT

An underrated disc is the Impact. That thing is a longer Comet, straight as an arrow!

the ones in the trash

18696164.jpg

I only throw discraft mids, buzzz, wasp, drone. I do use a stalker for straight shots and tight lines. Xl and xs are both very solid discs as well as the nuke, force, and surge.

I'm a big discraft fan... For a really stable mid or putter I would recommend the Zone. Great disc for windy days. I use it mostly as mid or approach.
Also the Meteor has treated me very well. Great controlled turnover disc for me. As for the stalker I would say it is a little more overstable than a buzz but very similar. I like both in z and Ti as they have both flown about the same for me.

Nuke is superfast but if you can buy one in a low weight then it can bomb... with any other disc I've maxed out at 340- 350 ish and my nuke I have got to the 360- 380. In almost any situation where I need control I put my Nuke away for a stalker, predator, or force.

Z buzz's are the best disc ever.

I throw mostly discraft and there is a reason for it. I love my Avenger SS's. they work amazing for 150-200ft sidearm anhyzers that need to come back a bit, It also make for a good Turnover driver or a nice and straight driver with hyzer.

The Surge SS is my favorite high speed disc by far. It is the easiest high speed disc to throw for my abilities.

I'm also liking the stalker alot lately, it makes for an awesome straight fairway driver. and is pretty good at powered down forehand approach shots.

The meteor is quickly becoming my favorite disc. it makes for an awesome hyzer flip approach disc and is the best anhyzer line holder I've thrown. It's a great understable compliment to a nice and stable Z Buzzz.

I am wondering what Discraft makes that is really good. I have been interested in getting more Discraft so let me know. I am comfortable at the speed 9/10 range so nothing faster. I am set with putters. I don't like the Comet but I love the Buzzz. I also like the Predator and throw that. I plan on getting a Stalker to try out later in the year.

I think the most obvious question here is; What is it that has you so fascinated about Discraft discs? Most discs people love of a certian brand have an equivelent in competitors plastic that you could throw almost exactly the same with just a little bit of practice(Yes this includes your beloved Rocs and Buzzzs). I think you'd(aajpity) be better off by figuring out which shots your current bag can't pull off then getting a disc to fill that hole regardless of the name stamped on it.

Discuss.
:popcorn:

All Discraft mids are great.

This! I've tried most and I liked almost all of them. But my favorites are the Hornet, Buzzz & Meteor. Over, stable, under, trifecta. Also good are the Glide, Stratus & Comet. The Wasp falls somewhere between the Hornet & Buzzz and is perfect for some folks.

Also I prefer Z, ESP or FLX plastic. The X plastic seems to be less stable than the premium plastics and then just gets more understable as it goes. Some folks like that, and it is pretty grippy. But I like the long lasting predictability for my discs. FLX is unlike any other plastic; grippy when wet and even wet & cold, very cold. FLX is a great winter plastic.

There's a reason that the Buzzz is one of the most popular discs. Long, predictable, forgiving & flexible! What's not to like.

The Comet is a temperamental beast. And its a great disc because of this. Like the Buzzz with the exception of forgiving. So the Comet is great for training out technical flaws in your throws.

And don't forget the Cyclone & Stalker. I'm not so much a fan of the Stalker, but it gets a lot of love for its longer Leopard like qualities. The Cyclone comes into and out of my bag. It is more Leopard like even if its shaped differently. Great stable to understable fairway driver. This mold has been around for a very long time and still sells well so there must be something to its design.

Just some random thoughts about Discraft mids.

I think the most obvious question here is; What is it that has you so fascinated about Discraft discs? Most discs people love of a certian brand have an equivelent in competitors plastic that you could throw almost exactly the same with just a little bit of practice(Yes this includes your beloved Rocs and Buzzzs). I think you'd(aajpity) be better off by figuring out which shots your current bag can't pull off then getting a disc to fill that hole regardless of the name stamped on it.

Discuss.

I know. Innova has everything Discraft does. Too inconsistent. Lat64, MVP, and Discraft are all way more consistent.

Discuss.

This is a good question. I tend to look at Discraft first because it is as affordable as Innova and I prefer each of their plastics to their Innova equivalent.

but I agree that trying a disc because it's a certain company is a flawed approach, aside from some other deciding preference.