• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Best Discraft Discs

Discraft (in my opinion) makes the best discs hands down, my bag is full of nothing but...

I was given an ESP pulse that was run over by a car and it totally sucked! Happened to find a buttery used one so i bought it to give it one more try, and let me tell you that thing is sweet!

Aside from that i throw an ESP flash, ESP Surge, Elite Z SS (great for slow anhyzers), Elite Z Stalker, Elite Z Crush, ESP or Z Forces, the list goes on...

Ive thrown ALL of the nukes, and they are all good in their own right... Nuke SS with a tailwind can be super effective for long straight shots while the OS is a great headwind driver.

Mids... Meteor, Buzz(reg and SS), Wasp, Hornet, Drone. Haha all which i have in ESP.
hoping to pick up a Ti buzz soon.

Had an Avenger SS and i absolutely hated it for regular RHBH shots... but, for a roller, worked pretty darn good.

Discraft (in my opinion) makes the best discs hands down, my bag is full of nothing but...

I was given an ESP pulse that was run over by a car and it totally sucked! Happened to find a buttery used one so i bought it to give it one more try, and let me tell you that thing is sweet!

Aside from that i throw an ESP flash, ESP Surge, Elite Z SS (great for slow anhyzers), Elite Z Stalker, Elite Z Crush, ESP or Z Forces, the list goes on...

Ive thrown ALL of the nukes, and they are all good in their own right... Nuke SS with a tailwind can be super effective for long straight shots while the OS is a great headwind driver.

Mids... Meteor, Buzz(reg and SS), Wasp, Hornet, Drone. Haha all which i have in ESP.
hoping to pick up a Ti buzz soon.

Had an Avenger SS and i absolutely hated it for regular RHBH shots... but, for a roller, worked pretty darn good.

Now that the guy that hasn't started playing discgolf for another month from now has weighed in; You now have all the information you will ever need!

But seriously, brand loyalty is a regional thing. Innova is made in NC and CA and Discraft is made in MI. Unsuprisingly the south loves Innova while the north loves Discraft. Imagine that...

The Discraft discs in my bag are the LE FLX Drone, 2 ESP Buzzz, ESP Avenger, ESP Surge, ESP Avenger SS. All because they fly well for me and help me shape lines, not because they are some name brand.

Another Discraft lover here. Always in the bag: Z Surge, ESP Stalker, Cryztal Z Avenger SS, Cryztal Z Buzzz, Z Buzzz SS, and a Cryztal Z Challenger. Sometimes I also carry other discs depending on the specific course.

Now that the guy that hasn't started playing discgolf for another month from now has weighed in; You now have all the information you will ever need.

hilarious....

In Oklahoma if you want to buy at a shop, you pretty much have to buy Innova. There are a few discraft discs available in base plastic, but no real selection. there are two real shops and they are both just a small part of a convenience store.

I often want to start a disc shop here so I could introduce the world to the magic of Discraft and others. If someone wants to give me a loan...

Now that the guy that hasn't started playing discgolf for another month from now has weighed in; You now have all the information you will ever need!

But seriously, brand loyalty is a regional thing. Innova is made in NC and CA and Discraft is made in MI. Unsuprisingly the south loves Innova while the north loves Discraft. Imagine that...

The Discraft discs in my bag are the LE FLX Drone, 2 ESP Buzzz, ESP Avenger, ESP Surge, ESP Avenger SS. All because they fly well for me and help me shape lines, not because they are some name brand.

Minnesota is pretty far North and all my friends prefer Innova.:)

Although I just joined this forum and they assume i haven't even started playing yet, I was in no way saying that's all the info you will ever need...

Simply giving my opinion.

Although I just joined this forum and they assume i haven't even started playing yet, I was in no way saying that's all the info you will ever need...

Simply giving my opinion.

its because you put a date for when you started in the future.....

hilarious....

In Oklahoma if you want to buy at a shop, you pretty much have to buy Innova. There are a few discraft discs available in base plastic, but no real selection. there are two real shops and they are both just a small part of a convenience store.

I often want to start a disc shop here so I could introduce the world to the magic of Discraft and others. If someone wants to give me a loan...

You mean Oklahoma City, not all of Oklahoma....and you must not be familiar with Sparky's new shop in Moore. The 19th Hole. I don't see any Discraft at all anymore at DMart...all Innova and just a few Millennium. The one near Will has a much better brand representation with Lat 64, MVP, Lightning, Innova, a few Millennium, a few Gateway, and still some Discraft in good plastics. The 19th Hole has a good selection of Discraft as well as a bigger selection of Gateway (and Innova, Lat, etc)....and bags and baskets and other stuff. They got a good start when they opened back in October or so, and it looks like they'll be growing! Nice to have a dedicated disc golf shop here.

You mean Oklahoma City, not all of Oklahoma....and you must not be familiar with Sparky's new shop in Moore. The 19th Hole. I don't see any Discraft at all anymore at DMart...all Innova and just a few Millennium. The one near Will has a much better brand representation with Lat 64, MVP, Lightning, Innova, a few Millennium, a few Gateway, and still some Discraft in good plastics. The 19th Hole has a good selection of Discraft as well as a bigger selection of Gateway (and Innova, Lat, etc)....and bags and baskets and other stuff. They got a good start when they opened back in October or so, and it looks like they'll be growing! Nice to have a dedicated disc golf shop here.

Thats awesome. I had no idea that even existed. I live in Mustang, so it's a pretty good drive, but I'll still go check it out. D-Mart is only cool because they have some used bins, but I stopped going to Fred's a while back before I ever saw any MVP there. Also not much variety in weights there in my experience.

Thanks for the info!!!

Best Discraft disc?
Stratus. Nothing else like it.
They messed around with the Stingray, but just made it worse.

Thats awesome. I had no idea that even existed. I live in Mustang, so it's a pretty good drive, but I'll still go check it out. D-Mart is only cool because they have some used bins, but I stopped going to Fred's a while back before I ever saw any MVP there. Also not much variety in weights there in my experience.

Thanks for the info!!!

Here's their FB page with contact info. They just relocated to a new location a few blocks away, and close to the new course that is going in at Little River city park. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-19th-Hole-DGC/254434797922246

Starting to be loyal to Sparky's shop, but I'll still check out Fred's and DMart because they're closer. Fred's still has higher prices and yeah, mostly max weights (I've talked to them about bringing in some lighter drivers, we'll see...they sounded receptive to the idea).

I throw Z Nukes for BIG D, X Nukes for more turn or forcing a giant sky roller, Rouges for giant turns/rollers, Buzzz because it's awesome, Comet gets a toss here & there. & I keep a challenger for long forehand putting.

The Non Discraft in my bag is Boss(Blizzard on tryout), Gator, Firebird, Teebird, Xcaliber, Magic

I like the Nuke but I am starting to love the buzzz more and more now that I can actually put it to good use.

Interesting. I didn't know they made a Speed 9/10 Nuke. Where can I buy one?

Stalker? Really? Predator has its uses. What about Force, Surge and Flash? I like the Z Flash for very long, fast, and straight drives that can take a lot of power and not turn over. And then there's the Buzzz of course.