• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Form Diagnosis Disc

Best Form Diagnosis Disc?

• Comet

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Pretty much any putter

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Roc

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Maxweight Boss in Champ plastic with pennies glued to it.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other (aka post something else since I'm too lazy to think)

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
Would a CORE work for this?

Having both discs, I can say that the Core, while a great mid, isn't nearly as good at form diagnosis as the Comet is.
I've been surprised to see just how much the Comet has to teach me. Now I just need to get a few more, so I can do some fieldwork and not have to play retriever after each shot.

for mid i'd say roc, but for drives i'd say wraith for sure....PRO WRAITH though. out of the box, they should fly like a wraith does, or is supposed to, but thrown wrong, they'll tell you what you're doin wrong. atleat that's my experience.

for mid i'd say roc, but for drives i'd say wraith for sure....PRO WRAITH though. out of the box, they should fly like a wraith does, or is supposed to, but thrown wrong, they'll tell you what you're doin wrong. atleat that's my experience.

Roc will mask OAT and the Wraith will do the same thing. The both have enough stability to wobble and then stablize later in flight which is not what you want if you are trying to spot issues with your form.

The fastest Drivers I would use for this would be an XL, JLS, or TL.

I finally threw my Comet a couple times today. It didn't turn and burn as badly as i thought it would, but it did turn some. I threw once on this hole:
f499439f.jpg

Looks like a Comet hole to me!

I've been throwing my beat in Warrior at it, or a putter. It's 186' and drops about 15' of elevation. Maybe I should be throwing a putter now that I think about it.

Last edited:
I've been throwing my beat in Warrior at it, or a putter. It's 186' and drops about 15' of elevation.

I personally would throw a putter but if the hole was 250ft with the same bend 1/2way down the fairway the Comet would come out of the bag.

I think the Comet's pretty good for diagnosing approaches because it's heavily affected by spin, power and release angle proportionally. The thing that surprised me about it is that it's easy to turn both ways or can be thrown dead straight and flat with a surprising amount of power/snap without turning and burning. Of course the only Comet I've thrown is 174 Z but I also drive Evo Magics.

That being said if you want to throw slower I think the Champion Aero or the Glowfly/ Bluntdriver are better for release angle because they don't fade back at all unless you are a spinless pansy. I'm always impressed by guys that throw an Aero, it's clean.

Woohoo double post, I'll burn eternally.

I would consider throwing a Voodoo on that hole, I have an Evolution Voodoo too that has been great for diagnosing putting and approaches (not as much), you can cheat it a bit on the hyzer side but it can be thrown dead flat and it will hold it and fade straight. It has actually changed my putting style even though it's #4 behind the Magic, Wizard and Comet.

EVERY shot is a COMET shot, I like putting with it around trees and stuff too the widewing helps it turn faster than a putter.