• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Sidearm disc

I disagree. Go into a field and throw your whole bag forehand. You will see what works for you. Plus, you will determine what works for shorter "get outta trees/trouble" forehands. I have thrown newer sidewinders and valks a long way FH.

Ya, this is what works for me personally.

If i tried to FH a valk or sidewinder it would just turn over and roll.

Im slowly cleaning out all my Fh discs for more understable plastic in means to throw RHBH primary.

For me the more understable the plastic the more i gotta point the "side" up to get it to S out. Destroyers and such i can just about throw em flat.

The best sidearm disc.

After my many years of playing I found that the innova champion monarch was the best sidearm disc of its kind. I recently lost my monarch and now I'm going insane.

crush is my favorite, cant believe it never gets its due
<--- slightly exagerating

Second this, Z Crushes are good forehand discs.

I would say a fresh Champion Teebird, or Eagle X. With practice, those are controllable and accurate. I use one of those two discs on just about anything shorter than 340'.

If you are throwing with mostly arm and bad form, then yes.

Ever try to throw a Flick or Firebird on a tight wooded fairway with a fast ground? Good luck keeping it in the fairway.

Depends what you want it to do. Here is what I use for RHFH shots.

X Caliber for max distance and turning right
Crush for the same line^ and like 40 feet shorter
Teebird for straight and long
Buzzz for the same line^ but shorter
Avenger SS for Anhyzer or hyzerflip
Aero for anything where I need to be very accurate.

Z Force for long drives with a little movement
Flat champ firebird for consistent fade
XXX or star rancho roc for shorter drives and approach shots
Wizard for the occasional putter flick

^BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!^ Rube...i'm just gonna follow you around leaving these behind....:D

Actually that was a fail, since this is not a new thread. It is actually one of the original sidearm threads, so the person who bumped this used the search feature.

damn....i guess i failed at being your sidekick today...:( maybe next time....on the flip side i think everyone likes to read BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!! from time to time....I always read it like the guy from nba jam says it!!

if you need an overstable disc to throw far sidearm then you have form issues. anything can work sidearm honestly, just like backhand. form is more important then the disc. i throw firebirds for fh hyzers, overstable star destroyers for flatter and longer hyzers, cpd or spd for straighter shots with fade, eagle x for dead straight distance in the woods, flx drones for 250-300 ft consistent mid range shots, buzz for softer touch shots and slower fading hyzers and z comets for dead straight in the woods shots, turnovers, rollers and get out of trouble stuff that is mind boggling due to the low speed, glide and understability. get versatile with your sidearm, don't just rely on some overstable xcal for all of your side arm shots. go to the field and practice throwing everything in your bag forehand.

if you need an overstable disc to throw far sidearm then you have form issues. anything can work sidearm honestly, just like backhand. form is more important then the disc. i throw firebirds for fh hyzers, overstable star destroyers for flatter and longer hyzers, cpd or spd for straighter shots with fade, eagle x for dead straight distance in the woods, flx drones for 250-300 ft consistent mid range shots, buzz for softer touch shots and slower fading hyzers and z comets for dead straight in the woods shots, turnovers, rollers and get out of trouble stuff that is mind boggling due to the low speed, glide and understability. get versatile with your sidearm, don't just rely on some overstable xcal for all of your side arm shots. go to the field and practice throwing everything in your bag forehand.

I appreciate the advice but my crappy form works fine for the few times per round that I need a flick shot... besides who cares about form as long as your throw is predictable.

Dont forget about C-PD2s! But def Xcals, Firebirds, Apes, and Banshees. Also Destroyers work pretty well, esp for guys that dont have power arms.

If you are throwing with mostly arm and bad form, then yes.

Ever try to throw a Flick or Firebird on a tight wooded fairway with a fast ground? Good luck keeping it in the fairway.

The op wanted more distance, he isnt asking for tight wooded shots. The disc is fast and with lower weight ones more controlable[under 165g] and a nice snap or flex you can go far with control, and turnovers once it seasons.

The star teedevil is another one that forehands straight with almost no fade if you get it up to speed. I do not use this my brother does throws it like I would throw a buzz.

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice but my crappy form works fine for the few times per round that I need a flick shot... besides who cares about form as long as your throw is predictable.

If you want raw distance, a beefy destroyer or z/esp force are money. Predictability is great but learning a better sidearm can save strokes in certain situations where its hard to throw a backhand imo, to each there own. You will find something that works, I really think the force is the best sidearm disc I have ever thrown for distance and predictability. I am testing some beefy echo star destroyers, a 172g light blue domey one (really overstable for being domey) and a 166g domey orange echo star that is even beefier then the heavier one. The light orange one fades hard but keeps gliding and pushing forward due to the weight and the dome and I think this could dethrone my force. I believe most of the sub 167g star destroyers are really beefy and still hold up into winds. They go far with ease fh.

Wanting to know the best sidearm disc

I have just recently realized and honed in on my sidearm. i only have the firebird, boss and dragon in my bag that works well with my sidearm drives.. i need some new ones that will work best... most others ive noticed try to roll over way to quick... the ones listed above gave me level shots.. thanks so much for any advice...

Latest posts