• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

So I have never thrown any of these blizzard things. Why do I want to? I throw pretty far with normal stuff... is it that big of a change for a mid/top level am1 who throws with pro power to try this? I am thinking that control should be my focus.... do I really need to throw over 550 if my 450 isn't all that perfectly controlled? Any big armers using this stuff to help consistency?

Sounds like you have it under control... Wiggins has a big arm...

So I have never thrown any of these blizzard things. Why do I want to?

You're not going to shave many strokes off your game by throwing them in competition. It's possible that if you play courses that have wide open bombers in the 500' range, and you throw ~450' with your normal max weight distance driver, that you could stretch out your drives a bit and get an easier look at some bonus birdie putts.

They're not hard to control and they're fun to throw. I certainly don't think they'll set your game back by tinkering with them.

Sounds like you have it under control... Wiggins has a big arm...

Thanks for the confidence. Wiggins has a big arm(the biggest EVER apparently), control, mental game, pro level course management..etc.

I just have power and putting. Thanks for the comparison.. LOL.:D

You're not going to shave many strokes off your game by throwing them in competition. It's possible that if you play courses that have wide open bombers in the 500' range, and you throw ~450' with your normal max weight distance driver, that you could stretch out your drives a bit and get an easier look at some bonus birdie putts.

They're not hard to control and they're fun to throw. I certainly don't think they'll set your game back by tinkering with them.

Ok, heard mixed reviews on these.... I just really do not want to mess around with something for no reason.

Now that Wiggins has the official record, do you think Innova will give him the blizzard champion boss as a signature disc, like Sandstrom has with the star valkyrie? If Wiggins gets the signature disc, do you think Innova will change the valkyrie (stamp)?

IMO, I think it would be cool to have weight class distance records. Please don't change the Sandstrom Valk, Innova. I may need to stock up...

Played doubles tonight, and everybody had a blizzard disc or three in their bag. I had a chance to throw a few, and while they were fun, I don't think that I quite have the distance for them yet.

Last week I saw and fondled a Blizzard Teedevil at PIA, that had tiny concentric groves on the flight plate, only on top of the wing. They ran from the center out or vice versa, all the way around. Probably a few hundred all in all. I almost bought the thing because it looked and felt cool, and I figured it might fly understableish, wished I had now.

I grabbed a factory second 150g Blizzard Wraith at PIAS last week for $10, and I am very impressed with it. I think the 150 weight is pretty much perfect... anything less than that and I think it would be too difficult to control. This thing bends out beautifully and always fights its way back, and man does it bomb. Easily adds 50 feet to my average drive no question.

Couple of things though... I don't throw it into the wind, and I can't throw it on holes with any kind of a ceiling because it really likes to get up into the air. It's pretty limited because of that, but it's very nice to have on those three holes on my home course where I can really let it loose on a calm day...

Couple of things though... I don't throw it into the wind, and I can't throw it on holes with any kind of a ceiling because it really likes to get up into the air. It's pretty limited because of that, but it's very nice to have on those three holes on my home course where I can really let it loose on a calm day...

Not that I'd recommend a wraith for headwind, but this is a nose angle issue. If you keep the nose down, you can typically throw blizzards in similar wind conditions as their heavier counterparts.

Not that I'd recommend a wraith for headwind, but this is a nose angle issue. If you keep the nose down, you can typically throw blizzards in similar wind conditions as their heavier counterparts.

Uh huh.

I'm thinking this. The heaviest driver in my bag at the moment is a 162 TeeBird and I've done just fine in our heavier winds lately. We had big storms rolling threw Tuesday evening that finally ran us off the course from our last two holes. I was throwing my 150's drivers into the what I would guess to be around 30mph gusting winds, and they did fine. They got bumped up and down a little, but that happens with any drivers for me throwing in the winds.

Hey why do some of the (earlier) Blizzards have bubbles, and now there are "bubble-free" versions? Sorry if this is redundant ...thanks

They all have bubbles. Some have tiny bubbles that are hard to see, others have bubbles only in the rim and not in the flight plate.

I'm thinking this. The heaviest driver in my bag at the moment is a 162 TeeBird and I've done just fine in our heavier winds lately. We had big storms rolling threw Tuesday evening that finally ran us off the course from our last two holes. I was throwing my 150's drivers into the what I would guess to be around 30mph gusting winds, and they did fine. They got bumped up and down a little, but that happens with any drivers for me throwing in the winds.

To test this theory I went out with a beat 140 sidewinder and tried throwing it into a 30mph headwind. I found that if I kept the nose down far enough so that the disc went straight into the ground, it wasn't affected by the wind at all! Amazing!

Now if I can just get rid of my internet OAT...

To test this theory I went out with a beat 140 sidewinder and tried throwing it into a 30mph headwind. I found that if I kept the nose down far enough so that the disc went straight into the ground, it wasn't affected by the wind at all! Amazing!

Now if I can just get rid of my internet OAT...

If you read what was originally said, it says the lighter discs fly very similar to their heavier counterparts. Only an idiot would try to throw any weight sidewinder into any kind of a headwind. But if you threw a blizzard Ape, and kept the nose down, it would handle it like a champ.

I find I don't get as much distance with my Bilzz discs into strong headwinds. Like others have said, kept nose down my stable Blizz Destroyer will hold up into the wind, flying nice and straight with maybe a little high speed turn. The problem is when it slows down and starts to fade. Instead of fading forward and left, it actually will stall out sooner and end up fading left and almost backwards.

My heavy Star Destroyers still carry and penetrate forward their entire flight into the wind. So now I try not to throw the Blizz into strong winds. It's doable, but my heavy Stars do the job better.

If you read what was originally said, it says the lighter discs fly very similar to their heavier counterparts. Only an idiot would try to throw any weight sidewinder into any kind of a headwind. But if you threw a blizzard Ape, and kept the nose down, it would handle it like a champ.

If you can't throw a sidewinder into a headwind, you clearly have OAT. You should work on that.

If you can't be on the forum without trolling, you're clearly a douchebag. You should work on that.

You're the one who came in here and started dropping unsolicited internet expert advice. Sorry, but I'm not the troll here.

If lighter discs fly exactly like their heavier counterparts in terms of stability and I'm simply having a nose angle issue as you suggest, then that same issue would affect both the heavier discs and lighter discs equally, and thus I would be flipping everything the same way. You contradicted your own logic without even realizing it.