• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Borrowing and or Loaning Discs

Do you think he is justified in his actions, I say he is a Wanker;)
Judge away[/QUOTE]

He is justified. They are his property. Maybe he is sick of your mooching. Buy your own discs, CDs, etc..., Wanker!

Last edited:
Do you think he is justified in his actions, I say he is a Wanker;)
Judge away

He is justified. They are his property. Maybe he is sick of your mooching. Buy your own discs, CDs, etc..., Wanker![/QUOTE]

To be considered a moocher I would have had to borrow multiple discs/things, multiple times.......so your post really has no validity....this would be the official 2nd time I have asked to borrow a disc...(side note: I believe I have only borrowed 2 dvd's as well, Flight of the Choncords and The Office)

He is justified. They are his property. Maybe he is sick of your mooching. Buy your own discs, CDs, etc..., Wanker!

To be considered a moocher I would have had to borrow multiple discs/things, multiple times.......so your post really has no validity....this would be the official 2nd time I have asked to borrow a disc...(side note: I believe I have only borrowed 2 dvd's as well, Flight of the Choncords and The Office)[/QUOTE]

How did "Flight of the Choncords" fly? Overstable, or understable? Did it break in nicely?

I would say if you really would like to test his disc here is another option. Have him meet you at the field where you will be testing his disc. Test it there with him watching the entire test maybe he throws some also. After the test he can take his disc back and you will have your answer of how the disc will tend to work for you.

Try this. ;)

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry".

At MN Cyclone.. haha...you are right about that....how sweet would it be if we could burn copies of Golf Discs...I know some of you here are super smart.....get to work on this...hahah

Last edited:
I like the previously mentioned idea of going together to field test. We do this quite a bit and haven't lost any yet. Everyone knows before starting how many discs are out and everyone takes part in picking up discs afterwards. Everybody gets to try the discs they wanted to try and each person leaves with what they came with.

The amount of discs he has does not matter.

If you borrow $100 off someone who makes $40,000 a year and someone who makes $290,000 a year you still have to pay back both.

I dunno. I have a lot of friends I'm trying to introduce to the sport and will happily lend out a disc I don't like much with the understanding that I'm doing said friend a favor and that lost discs (especially for Noobs) are a fact of life. If this guy was just an acquaintance as opposed to a good friend then I would say he's justified, but if he's a true pal and you paid him for the lost disc, I would say he's being a bit of a dink.

"I'm pregnant!"; Some one night stand, unsure of name.
"I'm breaking up with you!"; Your girlfriend after hearing above news.
"We're going to have to put you're dog to sleep!"; The Vet.
"Dude I lost your disc!"; podunk pete
Know what I'm saying?

I like the previously mentioned idea of going together to field test. We do this quite a bit and haven't lost any yet. Everyone knows before starting how many discs are out and everyone takes part in picking up discs afterwards. Everybody gets to try the discs they wanted to try and each person leaves with what they came with.

You can field test alright if you have a spot to do it , it isn't that easy to find a large enough area in the city though. I have one 500 feet away so I let people throw them to see if they want to buy, it's great.

well I see all the advice.....but I think most of you missed the point....none of us should deny our friends the opportunity to throw a new disc, in a grass field where it won't get damaged, that is only an extra, that is not beat in to its sweet spot, that is doing nothing more than collecting dust, that can be easily replaced, for a mistake that was immediately corrected, and most likely won't happen again........especially if said buddy has an injured back and won't be throwing anything in the next 4-6 weeks...but hey its not a big deal, I can just go buy a sweeter disc and rub it in said buddys face, and kick said buddy's arse on the course, like usual......:):):):):)

fyi all....when said buddy came to work this morning, he handed me a pro leopard to field test...:thmbup:...!!!
I guess I will have to take it easy on him, next time we play.....;)
If I lose this one, I will pay double divided by 2 for it!!...hahahha