• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Borrowing and or Loaning Discs

Since I never borrow or loan discs this was a new concept to me. Last night before a tournament I volunteered to show to amateurs some of the holes on the course. One asked the other if he could borrow his wraith for the tournament. He said sure. I asked what would happen if he lost his wraith. He said "I would beat his a$$ and never talk to him again". So why loan it if it has that much value?

Since I never borrow or loan discs this was a new concept to me. Last night before a tournament I volunteered to show to amateurs some of the holes on the course. One asked the other if he could borrow his wraith for the tournament. He said sure. I asked what would happen if he lost his wraith. He said "I would beat his a$$ and never talk to him again". So why loan it if it has that much value?

I can agree, if it is a special disc, or a prime thrower, I wouldn't even ask to borrow it.....thats why this situation was so comical ( to me at least)

I prefer the Desperado to the Silverado.

well I see all the advice.....but I think most of you missed the point....none of us should deny our friends the opportunity to throw a new disc, in a grass field where it won't get damaged, that is only an extra, that is not beat in to its sweet spot, that is doing nothing more than collecting dust, that can be easily replaced, for a mistake that was immediately corrected, and most likely won't happen again........especially if said buddy has an injured back and won't be throwing anything in the next 4-6 weeks...but hey its not a big deal, I can just go buy a sweeter disc and rub it in said buddys face, and kick said buddy's arse on the course, like usual......:):):):):)

To set the record straight that leopard I loaned you was one of seven discs that I had in my tournament bag. It was not an extra and ALL my discs are collecting dust right now because I'm in the process of healing.

Also as you know I threw my favorite Star TL in the pond at Moser last month and have since purchased 2 new Star TL's, neither of which fly nearly the same as the one I lost.

Therefore, you lose that pro leopard, or damage it in any way, you will be not only replacing it but purchasing 2 extras so that I may field test all three, and choose the one that most closely resembled the one that you lost/damaged. You may then keep the other two.

Happy testing, good buddy.

this is great!!! really! never talk to each other again, just post it all on the internet for us all to read.

just go buy a leopard because you are going to love it, you are going to use it, you are going to worship it. so buy it

It is extra funny because when these 2 first joined they would try to gang up on me (unsuccessfully ofcourse :))

this is great!!! really! never talk to each other again, just post it all on the internet for us all to read.

Not my idea. I just felt I needed to clarify a few things since obviously people felt so strongly about me needing to loan MY stuff out to the point they would call me a DB or a dink about it.

I think the post has validity on the site as well for the reason that it is an issue that at some point we all have to deal with. Someone wanting to borrow sports equipment that is unique and has a high potential of being destroyed, lost, or damaged while it's being borrowed.

I don't care how well groomed the testing field is. We all know that an errant shot or two is bound to happen. Last I heard Podunk talking about his testing site he mentioned almost taking out a cameraman up in the bleachers taking pictures of the baseball game and have you seen what the edge of a bleacher can do to a disc?

Not to mention all the stuff that happens to a disc while it's not being tested. Sitting in a car in the sun or stuff getting set on top of it or someone else stealing it while not in use, which I believe is what happened to the first disc I let someone borrow that didn't get returned.

oh man....you guys aren't helping my cause......:)

I have loaned over 50 discs that never came back to me. If it's not in my bag I really don't care. You paid for the disc and he prolly got something he liked more. If you never use it or it just sits around who cares.

It is extra funny because when these 2 first joined they would try to gang up on me (unsuccessfully ofcourse :))

I think your EGO is to big for anyone to ever get one over on you. Don't forget about your E-Cred bro.

I think your EGO is to big for anyone to ever get one over on you. Don't forget about your E-Cred bro.

My E-cred is great. If my ego was so huge I would not have posted video of horrible technique for you all to berate, I would have pretended I am amazing and all my discs are in 10/10 condition because they always go straight from teepad to basket, never touching the ground.

Latest posts