• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
One of my coworkers got called into the HR office and they told us nothing! I have a right to know why they are in there! :rolleyes:

Yeah! Rights man, transparency man! Buzzword man!

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

There's only two logical explanations for all of this "we have a right to know" stuff - either you guys have your own issues controlling your behavior and want to know how far you can go before getting suspended, or you just can't stand not knowing all of the gory details and are trying to rationalize your curiosity. Which is it?

I just disagree. I think that it is logical that transparency in the process of meting out suspensions protects players from inconsistent disciplinary action and establishes precedents to which both the players and organization can refer. That i the only issue for me personally.

That's it! SUSPEND MJ! He is at risk of becoming the next Bradley Williams. Do you see how terrible MJ's attitude is?! Constantly flying off the handle, terrible language, rage-quits, the guy won't even watch a disc's flight! Not a single smile or positive moment with that guy. What a collosal jerk! /s

So when does his suspension start? When the PDGA released their latest listing or when the player receive the official notification?

Also, for all we know his suspension was made longer for bribing that chipmunk and taking advantage of an inferior species.

It is amazing to me that so many people are defending one the biggest @ssholes the sport has ever seen......oh that's right you have never met him personally and really have no idea what kind of person he is.

I just disagree. I think that it is logical that transparency in the process of meting out suspensions protects players from inconsistent disciplinary action and establishes precedents to which both the players and organization can refer. That i the only issue for me personally.

That's certainly fair in instances where the infraction is clear-cut, like a failed drug test. First failed test = 3 months, second = 12 months, etc.

When it's a personal conduct issue I think it's more difficult to establish precedents. Each case has to be handled separately and a number of factors come into play, especially when there has been multiple instances. In fact, I believe this is a reason not to publish details, as someone next week could say "Dude shoulder-bumped me, so he should be suspended for 18 months just like Bradley"

That's certainly fair in instances where the infraction is clear-cut, like a failed drug test. First failed test = 3 months, second = 12 months, etc.

When it's a personal conduct issue I think it's more difficult to establish precedents. Each case has to be handled separately and a number of factors come into play, especially when there has been multiple instances. In fact, I believe this is a reason not to publish details, as someone next week could say "Dude shoulder-bumped me, so he should be suspended for 18 months just like Bradley"

I can understand that perspective. Thanks.

What kind of person goes around shoulder bumping other people, and on top of that while on probation lol. Good f riddance

Bradley on tanking during a final 9:

Bradley
April 2, 2014
Wow. Shut it up. The pdga collects fees. That's about it. Also who are you kidding with this professionalism junk. Good players bet against other good players for their cash; TD's give them a place to do it. Why are you watching them play ? I don't know. Showing off is what a final 9 is all about. You're a noob. You people talk more than you spend time getting your skills up for the course. Those rollers were awsome and I enjoyed throwing them. I don't play on golf course quality fairways often so it's all about having fun if you can't win. Isn't that what most noobs say?

http://doglegdiscgolf.com/2014/03/31/putting-the-pro-in-professional/

If you volunteer to be the person to decide and implement punishment on someone, I have doubts on that person's integrity as a human being, and would argue on a clinical level that this is characteristics of a narcissist. I also have the credentials to assess and diagnose this!

I also have a Axis I diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder. I am also on the disciplinary list. Only after acknowledging my own diagnosis to a select few did it ever start to impact me within the sport and PDGA. Before doing so, it was only about competition. I am a firm believer in taking ownership of behavior. I have had to do so on a level that is much more scrutinized for my entire life.

That's it! SUSPEND MJ! He is at risk of becoming the next Bradley Williams. Do you see how terrible MJ's attitude is?! Constantly flying off the handle, terrible language, rage-quits, the guy won't even watch a disc's flight! Not a single smile or positive moment with that guy. What a collosal jerk! /s

Bahaha he is a dick

Latest posts