• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

lol you guys are mentally soft, this is gamesmanship IMO

Personally I would rather win by outplaying the competition, not by spewing comments before someone shoots trying to throw them off. Being mentally soft is not believing in your physical abilities enough to win and by thinking you need to influence others verbally in order to achieve greatness.

"He threw it out of bounds then said "It's all yours man." Then Philo shanked his drive and lost the playoff."

Playing head games in disc golf, inconceivable. I'm just glad that I'm not good enough to get filmed all of the time. I could never live up to internet expectations. BW is just like other touring pro who makes very little money and are trying to make a couple bucks while playing a game. How would you handle that kind of pressure?

"He threw it out of bounds then said "It's all yours man." Then Philo shanked his drive and lost the playoff."

Playing head games in disc golf, inconceivable. I'm just glad that I'm not good enough to get filmed all of the time. I could never live up to internet expectations. BW is just like other touring pro who makes very little money and are trying to make a couple bucks while playing a game. How would you handle that kind of pressure?

By respecting my opponents even when I play poorly.

By respecting my opponents even when I play poorly.

how is this disrespectful, it was a fact. It was his for the taking and he folded like a cheap tent. I find playing with people that like a little ribbing and trash talk are way more enjoyable to the game. There is a fine line between disrespectful and a little trash talk. Soft like butter.

This isn't golf, these guys wear gym shorts with collared shirts lol. Too all you saying this has no place good luck making a field goal, or hitting a free throw or a fast ball. If you can't get in your happy place and block everything else out then you are mentally soft.

how is this disrespectful, it was a fact. It was his for the taking and he folded like a cheap tent. I find playing with people that like a little ribbing and trash talk are way more enjoyable to the game. There is a fine line between disrespectful and a little trash talk. Soft like butter.

This isn't golf, these guys wear gym shorts with collared shirts lol. Too all you saying this has no place good luck making a field goal, or hitting a free throw or a fast ball. If you can't get in your happy place and block everything else out then you are mentally soft.

It wasn't a fact because Philo lost. It was a comment made to try and change the outcome of his bad shot. If you don't get why it was disrespectful, I'm not going to spend time explaining it to you.

Is there video? Or is it just like the Matt$ situation where the nature of what was happening probably lies somewhere between all the descriptions but is interpreted to be at the extremes. None of these guys are that fragile to be affected by someone's saying something as they walk away from a bad shot.

Yea I'm sure, in the 1.5 seconds it took him to say that after the shank, that he was thinking, "How can I get in Philo's head? Ooh, I got a great idea..."

Should he have said it? Probably not. Is it bad sportsmanship? Maybe. Is it Philo's fault he didn't take advantage? Absolutely...

Is there video? Or is it just like the Matt$ situation where the nature of what was happening probably lies somewhere between all the descriptions but is interpreted to be at the extremes. None of these guys are that fragile to be affected by someone's saying something as they walk away from a bad shot.

Archive of the Facebook live coverage. Playoff starts at around 3:33:30. You can definitely hear BW say "It's all yours, man" as he's leaving the tee.

A bit dickish? Maybe, but I think if it was anyone but BW, as in anyone without his rep, nobody would be making anything of it at all.

Maybe, but I think if it was anyone but BW, as in anyone without his rep, nobody would be making anything of it at all.

Exactly. It's a pretty common thing around here to say "well its wide open" or "we left the fairway open for you" after the first 3 guys have thrown drives off the fairway.

holy sweet tender heart bear, soft as a babies bottom. this is making a mountain out of mole hill. i don't need you to explain anything to me. Its soft to think this had anything to do with the outcome. If it did then Philo is mentally soft. we can agree to disagree on this matter but he let go of shot had a real frustrating moment and said some words that some deem disrespectful but i deem human.

Archive of the Facebook live coverage. Playoff starts at around 3:33:30. You can definitely hear BW say "It's all yours, man" as he's leaving the tee.

A bit dickish? Maybe, but I think if it was anyone but BW, as in anyone without his rep, nobody would be making anything of it at all.

He's on probation by the PDGA after he's been suspended 3 times for acting like a jackass at tournaments. His actions are now viewed with that history for life. If he didn't want to be judged that way, he shouldn't have acted the way he has for the last 7 years on tour.

My point was not that he should be suspended but that by his behavior in the first time back in competition in over a year, it does not seem like he has changed. The comment was not appropriate from someone who is trying to get back in good graces in this community, nor is it indicative of him caring about his fellow competitors.

Actually, if it was anyone else than BW we'd think he was mad at himself, thought he had choked and was conceding that Philo was gonna win.

Did anyone even listen to his tone? It's very much conceding the win. It's not snarky or mean. It's, "boy I blew that.". Given his general nature I would have expected some snark and heard none.

Look, I've argued long and hard against BW for his churlish behavior. This isn't it. You can maybe argue he's earned it for past behavior, but I'm gonna disagree. I prefer to punish someone for specific actions, not for past behaviors that have already been punished.

BTW, if someone wants to make the argument that he should just keep his mouth shut, well yeah. Given his rep he should. But that doesn't mean we should condemn him for a relatively normal human reaction.

Are you folks that are all up in arms over this comment saying that it's unsportsmanlike to say anything at all between your throw and the next person's?

If I shank a drive, and then say out loud, but to myself "that sucked" - is that disrespecting the next player? I see no difference between "that sucked" and "it's all yours".

Jesus, mountain over a mole hill for sure guys. I get the criticism generally speaking. It's along the same lines of "You know you are going to make that 25 footer for the win man". Generally, competitors don't say that sort of thing because they know it can get in someones head. In this example I think it was an expression of frustration and he was not gaming.

With that said, if he wanted to be a dick and try to get in Philo's head that's not breaking a rule or violating suspension in any way. Poor taste yea, but not an actionable offense.

Egad, haters. What's with the outrage about BW's comment? It seemed like a genuine concession to me. That door was WIDE open and truly frustrating for Philo to not be able to close it. To say that BW's behavior at GH was same-old-stuff just sounds like holding a grudge or plain trolling. I watched much of the video and didn't see him act out or whine or anything negative. BW seems like an interesting imperfect person; like a lot of people I play with. I wish him much success in his journey.

Egad, haters. What's with the outrage about BW's comment? It seemed like a genuine concession to me. That door was WIDE open and truly frustrating for Philo to not be able to close it. To say that BW's behavior at GH was same-old-stuff just sounds like holding a grudge or plain trolling. I watched much of the video and didn't see him act out or whine or anything negative. BW seems like an interesting imperfect person; like a lot of people I play with. I wish him much success in his journey.

Serious question, in what world do "genuine concessions" come before the tournament is over or decided?

Latest posts