• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

I speed because I dislike being in a car, I feel like I'm wasting time doing nothing at all but transporting my meat-sack body around. I consistently drive 5-10 miles per hour over the speed limit because of that. Where I know there are cameras I am extremely careful to remain under 11 miles over, since that's where they're set to register and catch you. Same with school zones - less than 5 over because that's where those cameras are set. I know I can get away with it, and I feel like I'm wasting my time.

If there were cameras set more strictly at more corners or all corners - I wouldn't speed.

And when cars get to the point where they are automated to the level that I don't have to pay attention to the road, I'll feel perfectly okay with my car going the speed limit because I will be able to get **** done while I'm sitting there.

On a side note: I've been curious how long it'd take the police to pull me over for expired tags so I have kept my new tags in my glove box. Just yesterday was followed for 1.5 miles, no flash. :p Been six months in a week.

Not sure about your state but in NC your vehicle inspection, registration, vehicle property taxes, and insurance are all tied together in the computer. The LEO can find out if you are current in all these just by typing your tag number into his computer. Sounds to me like the guy following you just was not motivated to pull you over to give you a warning since he had already determined you were legal.

Given you are using a highway, traveling 80MPH, or ten over. You realize that your destination will be reached about 6 minutes quicker over an hour of travel.

In your life, six minutes is that valuable?

Nevermind, reading the last part of your post, kind of explains quite a bit.

But if I am on a 10 hour road trip, then I save an hour. That is an extra course bagged. I agree for local travel, speeding just does not really save that much time. Certainly not enough to risk a hefty fine.

I will push slightly past the speed limits on Interstates, if possible, just to give myself a bio break every few hours. Getting old sucks. :thmbdown:

Not sure about your state but in NC your vehicle inspection, registration, vehicle property taxes, and insurance are all tied together in the computer. The LEO can find out if you are current in all these just by typing your tag number into his computer. Sounds to me like the guy following you just was not motivated to pull you over to give you a warning since he had already determined you were legal.
Has not been the case when dealing with prior instances where I was already pulled over when other drivers dinged me on lane violations. I've been asked to provide my proof.

Find a vehicle you like to drive and you will be glad to have the extra six minutes.

Any vehicle I'd like to drive is gonna be saving a hell of a lot more than 6 minutes an hour :|

Air show, people in Ohio cant drive for ****. So, its also six minutes less you have to worry about the other moro... I mean people:\, driving and their ability to not crash into you...

:sick: Tell me about it...I75 in Cincinnati was just friggin horrible this summer

Only six minutes?

Six minutes is a lot of time.

That's a day and a half per year. I can do a lot in a day and a half.

I would be in favor of a Touring Pro's Association under the auspices of the PDGA. With the TPA In charge of discipline/standards with appeals process going through the PDGA.

Agreed with first sentence.

Second sentence, absolutely not.

Our entire committee, including myself, are volunteers. We submit recommendations to the PDGA President, also a volunteer. No PDGA employee has any say in anything, including appeals.

If you allowed touring pros to decide the fate of their colleagues then you are having people who either saw the incident or where the incident took place and the ability to suspend someone who is possibly better than them. This would create way more controversy than the current process.

And besides, 99.99% of cases aren't about touring pros. In the 15 years or so of this committee, I can only think of exactly 5 cases that involved a big name "touring" pro, and of those 5, only 3 actually happened at large tour events.

So I'm not sure why people think that touring pros all the sudden should handle the entire process.

Yea the bridge construction made it worse but its pretty bad to begin with. Sometimes it feels more like bumper cars than driving...

Considering I was rear-ended on it this summer, I'd say it's literally bumper cars...

Only six minutes?

Six minutes is a lot of time.

That's a day and a half per year. I can do a lot in a day and a half.

Most people spend more time picking their nose. That is, give up the nose habit and you don't need to speed.

Latest posts