• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

Did anyone catch what Bradley said to Philo after Bradley shanked his drive ob in the playoff and before Philo teed last weekend? He's a changed man!

Did anyone catch what Bradley said to Philo after Bradley shanked his drive ob in the playoff and before Philo teed last weekend? He's a changed man!

I don't know if he's a changed man, but clearly, he's workinging at it and understands the issue. Did you listen to Ultiworld's interview? It really gives perspective.

He threw it out of bounds then said "It's all yours man." Then Philo shanked his drive and lost the playoff.

LOL, by saying that he's implying that he was giving away thewin to Philo, implying that Philo didnt earn it and that he would only win because BW held himself back.

I would imagine BW will be on his best behavior for a few months, but after he's back in the swing of things and only thinkin about winning, and not thinkin about not being a turd, he will implode. Mark my words.

LOL, by saying that he's implying that he was giving away thewin to Philo, implying that Philo didnt earn it and that he would only win because BW held himself back.

I would imagine BW will be on his best behavior for a few months, but after he's back in the swing of things and only thinkin about winning, and not thinkin about not being a turd, he will implode. Mark my words.

If you listen to the interview it gives some perspective on what BW says happens.

I view BW and NL as pretty similar in lacking control under pressure. The difference is that Nikko directs it inward and BW directs it outward. He's not being self centered, he just handles pressure really poorly and takes it out on those around him.

That taint acceptable, but it's also not being self centered to the point where you're a donkey.

BW has success when he keeps a tight reign on his emotions. That's hard. It's also required. I might feel for the guy, but I won't give him a pass either.

You might be reading into that utterance a bit. Most playoffs I've watched end with one participant relinquishing through an unforced error. The only circumstance I saw otherwise this year was Ricky's walk off ace at Utah. (I know it wasn't a playoff but being tied going into the last hole isn't much different) Every playoff win I remember this year ended with a failed drive or a missed putt. While it is bad etiquette to say anything before your opponent drives regardless of when, all this "Implying" as you say could just as well be implied frustration with ones self.

Last edited:
You might be reading into that utterance a bit. Most playoffs I've watched end with one participant relinquishing through an unforced error. The only circumstance I saw otherwise this year was Ricky's walk off ace at Utah. (I know it wasn't a playoff but being tied going into the last hole isn't much different) Every playoff win I remember this year ended with a failed drive or a missed putt. While it is bad etiquette to say anything before your opponent drives regardless of when, all this "Implying" as you say could just as well be implied frustration with ones self.

It's simple. In the first video we have of Bradley after a year suspension and while on probation, he won a tournament while displaying bad sportsmanship and etiquette. This is why he has and deserves his bad reputation.

I would be in favor of a Touring Pro's Association under the auspices of the PDGA. With the TPA In charge of discipline/standards with appeals process going through the PDGA.

Sounds like the Grandmasters Association vs. the World Chess Federation back in the day...

(Guess all associations of these types have growing pains of these types...)

Sounds like the Grandmasters Association vs. the World Chess Federation back in the day...

(Guess all associations of these types have growing pains of these types...)

[Snobby accent on]Oh fine, take my queen, I didn't want the trollop anyway![Snobby accent off]

He's not being self centered, he just handles pressure really poorly and takes it out on those around him.

That taint acceptable, but it's also not being self centered to the point where you're a donkey.

Some would call that the very definition of being self-centered.:\

I think it's in extremely poor taste to say ANYTHING to an opponent directly before they are about to tee. In this instance, he wanted Philo's brain to think just for a second that it was already over. Anytime you get thinking about anything else when on the tee, other than just executing your shot, its probably going to end poorly.

Congrats to BW on the win, but I think its still a DB move.

If you listen to the interview it gives some perspective on what BW says happens.

It's one thing to give intelligent answers during a puff piece trying to clean up your name. It's quite another to complete a total 180 w/etiquette during competitive play. Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. :popcorn:

It's one thing to give intelligent answers during a puff piece trying to clean up your name. It's quite another to complete a total 180 w/etiquette during competitive play. Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. :popcorn:

The guy doesn't seem to be capable of shutting up and playing golf. I thought this comment before Philo teed was EXTREMELY disrespectful. There's no place in our sport for this garbage.

edit: garbage meaning his etiquette on the course.

Latest posts