• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

I'm not into this style of dye jobs, however I find the methods interesting. Anyone try cornstarch?

558813_223243667807121_1361577818_n.jpg

Tell me that this isn't one of the sexiest dye jobs ever.... like a piece of actual art. I love the coloring that he got onto it.

tide smells like grapes yo

fuamq.jpg

messing around with tide and adding flour to thicken the tide and then mixing the dye in

I think I had too little tide and pressed too hard (repeated tries with the same batch on the plate) so got multiple little lines

it's interesting, no where near Jeff Ash awesome but it will be an interesting effect to dye on top of

so i went to vimeo and watched one of his vids again and here is my take away:

my lines definately arent as bad as i thought
i also definately think that the brain waves are done AFTER all the marbling
Jeff also had best results on esp and not Z or Champy plastic

I would say that like 90% of those pics are on his facebook account. I wish that I could see what his dyes look like with the dye on it. That would tell us about 50% of the info that we need.

Possibly, after more research....

does anyone want to donate discs to be further experimented on?

And I also need help with something else, but I'm going to try to find the answer on my own before I ask you guys. :)

^nice colors robot! Wish I could get that green to come out. That is money.

It was a 162g Dayglo/Neon Green disc to start too. I can't believe how vibrantly the dye pops on that thing. I expected pretty, I GOT beautiful.

Latest posts