• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Yes, by all means, let's hope they keep adding more designations after their disc names. SS, OS...US, EOS(extra overstable)...

Where does it stop? Come up with a new name Discraft, be a little creative instead of braindead on naming discs...or, oh that's right, use the Buzzz name again and rake in the $'s no matter what the disc flies like, or whether it was even necessary with the Wasp and Hornet already in the lineup.

And there's no confusion using the same disc name with different letter designations, no uh uh. Even though Discraft themselves have mistakenly stamped some Nuke SS as OS, and vice versa. Don't believe? Do a little research...

it feels just like a buzzz in hand but has the dependable beef of a hornet. as a long-time buzzz thrower, what's not to love?

seems weird that Discraft gets all this hate about the SS/OS designations, when Vibram is doing an extended version (Unlace/Lace/Olace/Solace) of the same thing and they seem immune from the rhetoric. To be clear I am not trying to drag Vibram into the mud, I do love my Lace, just curious is all. a little david v. goliath action going on.

Well, both of those companies 2 most unique names to come out recently were drug reference related... Crank/420 :| ... hell the crank with that FR stamp was MUCH worse than stupid 420 name lol.

it feels just like a buzzz in hand but has the dependable beef of a hornet. as a long-time buzzz thrower, what's not to love?

seems weird that Discraft gets all this hate about the SS/OS designations, when Vibram is doing an extended version (Unlace/Lace/Olace/Solace) of the same thing and they seem immune from the rhetoric. To be clear I am not trying to drag Vibram into the mud, I do love my Lace, just curious is all. a little david v. goliath action going on.

Or Prodigy with the D, M, F and PA series, or Lightning with the the number series or whatever.

It's a dead arguement....let's here some more about how these discs fly. Seems like power throwers are liking them.

This post makes no sense to me ...
What'd you throw?
Nuke OS
A Nuke? Man that thing was OS for a Nuke.
Yep, it was.

agreed.

BTW, how many Nuke OS throwers are there out there?

several, almost every nuke thrower i know has an OS in their bag, or in their car for windy days. now the SS i hardly see.

52 pages of compairing it to a Hornet and wasp :p

dead-horse.gif

this can pretty much be said about every thread about a disc.

Don't bother trying to fix stupid people. It can't be done, although I really hope modern science is looking into this. Quite frankly we could either fix them by making them more intelligent or fix them in the veterinary sense and I'd be equally content. :D

ever seen Idiocracy? the smart people are trying to get you a better boner and stop balding....were doomed! lol

Yeh, just ragging on them for recycling an old name on a new disc...again.

Then there's the Mantis...new name, good name.

...and crap disc. I'd rather have a dumb name on a useful mold than the other way.

*edit* the ace race mantis was crap, haven't tried a production run so I should hold my tongue.

Smyith...surprised you see Nuke throwers at all out there. Lot's of wide open 500' holes where you play, or what? Or, like someone else mentioned, are they throwing them on 300ish holes like clueless yahoos?

*edit* the ace race mantis was crap, haven't tried a production run so I should hold my tongue.

I guess I just don't understand this. It does what it does. If thrown in a situation calling for that flight, it's no worse than any other discs.

Evidently people were PO'd because they made the production run Mantis less stable than the 'Ace Race' version. I'm sure Discraft had their reasons...maybe they wanted to make it more beginner friendly.

I received my order of three from Clearwater Wednesday and tried two of them out yesterday, a 177+ and a 175-176. One was delivered with a concave top, but when looking at it yesterday when getting to the course, it appeared to have flattened out.

These things are nice. Seemed like a much "longer" disc than my drone. Wanted to get out and throw the Drone, Hornet and BuzzzOS together to see the difference, but we didn't. I've really liked the Hornets since the 2010 ace race, and think they can co-exist in my bag. Don't really know if I need all three, but all three feel different in the hand, so it might just come down to which ones I'm more comfortable with...

I do like the way that it's a no-brainer to know what the disc does. If it was given a new name, it's probably harder to lookup what it does. By putting a SS or OS or whatever on the disc, you know what it's supposed to do out of the box...

Smyith...surprised you see Nuke throwers at all out there. Lot's of wide open 500' holes where you play, or what? Or, like someone else mentioned, are they throwing them on 300ish holes like clueless yahoos?

why would you be surprised, nukes are popular?
theres a fair amount of long open holes, the new courses going in tho are getting away from that, thankfully.
ive watched the top pros throw xcals and destroyers on 280' holes...stupid right? highest % shot wins the day.
nuke os in the hands of a big arm go far as heck. i see them mostly used as FH discs and only used BH when its a stiff headwind.

its probably also worth noting that 99% of the time i play with other competitive DGers and dont pay attention to what chuckers are hucking (used to but havent cared lately).

Okay, but...

I do see some younger guns torquing over and putting huge anhyzers on Nukes, Boss at the courses I play...not real long holes, 350ish, and not wide open...it's not pretty, usually they're over in another fairway for their second shot. They'd be much better served throwing something stable at least a couple speeds down. You know, control, accuracy.

I guess I just don't understand this. It does what it does. If thrown in a situation calling for that flight, it's no worse than any other discs.

Fair point, but the two I received were super domey, fairly light (161 & 162 I think) and just twitchy junkers. It reminded me of driving a car with a bad suspension 40mph in reverse. Sorta fun, but success always felt accidental. Just not my cup of tea I guess. Mantis, I rescind my prior insults. Just because I don't like you doesn't mean someone else won't love you.

*crickets chirp, man coughs offstage*

But that BuzzzOS, though, WooooEEEE. I can get down on some BuzzzOS...amIright?

aiiit i got to throw 3 different buzz os today. along side my hornet, and wasp. all are max weight cuz i have a monster arm.

so my buzz i had dumped off half way through its flight like it was premature. wasp flew much farther than all but the hornet had much better glide and distance than the buzz os.

i was talking to a local who had a flat heavy like mine, and a concave one. got a little turn out of the concave but it faded hard at the end like it should. also threw the concave at least 50 ft past the flat one.

all in all, what aint broke doesnt need to be fixed. i get much more distance outta my hornet and wasps and they are more workable for me.

but the buzz os dumped off much faster than my hornet even. its a glideless beauty. i wasnt able to throw it in a stiff headwind yet. i just dont see needing it. however i rarely ever throw my hornet so its not a main thrower anyways....dont some people say overstable mids are worthless? :popcorn:

Glideless with a hard quick fade, sounds like a Drone. Buzzz is safe, Wasp probably too...Wasps actually fly, farther for me in fact than any Buzzz I've thrown.

all in all, what aint broke doesnt need to be fixed. i get much more distance outta my hornet and wasps and they are more workable for me.

Yeah, I like my Wasps more. Very workable. The 177g Buzzz OS I just bought really takes me too much effort to work the lines that I want an OS mid to do.