• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Marshall street just updated their flight chart. They have the Buzzz OS as slightly less stable than the Hornet. And about as stable as the Wasp. I haven't thrown a Buzzz OS, but from what I've heard from you guys I would have thought it to be more stable. Thoughts?

If you look at the later pages of the Buzzz OS vs. Roc3 thread here you will see that most people who have thrown them (including myself) are inclined to disagree with Marshall Street on that. It's definitely more overstable than a Wasp. I have thrown mine back to back with a (new) ESP Ace Race Hornet and the Buzzz was also more overstable than that although I haven't thrown it against a production run Z Hornet.

Marshall street just updated their flight chart. They have the Buzzz OS as slightly less stable than the Hornet. And about as stable as the Wasp. I haven't thrown a Buzzz OS, but from what I've heard from you guys I would have thought it to be more stable. Thoughts?

I was looking at the chart yesterday, and thought I would see if it was on there.
Thinking it would be between the Hornet and the Drone, nothing, ok.
Then I just barely noticed it, and thought that's not what everyone is saying. :confused:

For another couple of hours, I own (3) First Run Buzzz OSs. The two I have with sunken tops, which were impossible to flatten are getting sold to a guy @ league. They were not high speed overstable, and would not hold a hyzer line in the high speed portion of their flight, but they never flipped all the way over, either. They have plenty of LSS and finish left reliably. The third one is a very nice green color with a "normal' top. Some shoulder with moderate dome. It is almost unthrowably overstable. I am able to throw Zones around 300', and I am not sure this disc is any longer, if as long. It may make a fine forehand disc, but I probably won't find out, as it is likely headed to a new home as well. Meanwhile, I am looking at replacing my GLO FLX Wasps with Z Nebulas. I like the speed and dependability of the Nebula mold. I wasn't sold on it at the ACE Race a couple years ago, but the Z Plastic improves it, IMO.
So, check the dome on the BOS you are thinking of buying. I would like to try one that had a truly flat top, assuming (I know), that it would fall between the two versions I have thrown.
Food for thought.

KP

Had the day off today and went out to finally throw my Buzzz OS'. Threw them against an esp buzzz, Z Buzzz SS, Z Hornet, Big Z Drone and Sirius Sentinel MF. Expect a full Hucking Aces video review on Monday.

But for now I am LOVING the Buzzz OS. Honestly, I wasn't finding too much difference in flight between the BOS and the Hornet, thought the Hornet did seem to go just a bit farther. The BOS feels good in my hand, but so does the Hornet (I like beaded mids and putters).

I honestly didn't think I'd be bagging any of these but now I'm really considering either the Hornet or the BOS.

Finally got out yesterday morning, this thing is fun to throw. I got a very flat/slightest bit of concaveness (sp?) 177 pearly pink. On at least 3-5 shots with it I underestimated the overstability and either went more left than intended or not nearly as far as expected. Not a bad thing though - just me getting used to the mold.

My Drones are more likely than not gone. I don't know what everyone was talking about but the BOS definitely feels like a Buzzz in the hand. When I first got it I felt it up for a while and had to actually grab a Buzzz out of my bag to feel the difference. Slightly deeper but it's an insignificant amount. Drone SS isn't a bad reference to the stability it has, but it really does fly like an overstable Buzzz and not a worn in Drone. The wide diameter gives it noticeably more forward fade and after some use I'm sure this will be way longer than my beat to piss Drones I have. More glide than a Drone (though still very little, which I love in OS molds) and very workable.

Well done Discraft:thmbup:

How is the hss in headwinds or l-r crosswinds...truly overstable? Anyone able to compare it to a Verdict?

Can't compare to a Verdict but it's truly overstable. Headwind = non issue.

From what I remember (I have thrown both discs, but never side-to-side), the Hornet and Buzzz OS are about the same stability, but the Buzzz OS doesn't seem to go quite as far. The Hornet seems to glide a little more.

The sunken top Buzzz OS I throw multiple times at Am Worlds was almost identical in flight to my BioFuzion Verdict. The flight was almost identical but the Verdict just seemed longer by a few feet. So, in the end I feel more comfortable with the Verdict and its driving capability while the Buzzz OS seemed it would serve better for those mid shots and long approaches.

All I can say is that I did not feel comfortable using it as a driving mid.

Now, what I was throwing was a sunken top BOS which in the end could have been likened to a seasoned BOS. If that is the case, a normal production BOS will definitely be more overstable with possibly an earlier dump into its fade. In that case I am definitely sticking with the Verdict because for my style, that so as stable as I need.

From what I remember (I have thrown both discs, but never side-to-side), the Hornet and Buzzz OS are about the same stability, but the Buzzz OS doesn't seem to go quite as far. The Hornet seems to glide a little more.

Dead on statement right here. I promise I'll have my review video up shortly, and I did throw them.side by side, along with a Drone and Sentinel-MF. Almost identical flights between the Hornet and BOS

The sunken top Buzzz OS I throw multiple times at Am Worlds was almost identical in flight to my BioFuzion Verdict. The flight was almost identical but the Verdict just seemed longer by a few feet. So, in the end I feel more comfortable with the Verdict and its driving capability while the Buzzz OS seemed it would serve better for those mid shots and long approaches.

All I can say is that I did not feel comfortable using it as a driving mid.

Now, what I was throwing was a sunken top BOS which in the end could have been likened to a seasoned BOS. If that is the case, a normal production BOS will definitely be more overstable with possibly an earlier dump into its fade. In that case I am definitely sticking with the Verdict because for my style, that so as stable as I need.

Gracias fellas. Sounds like sticking with the Verdict will work best for me but I have this nagging urge to pick up a BOS just to try it! I've tried a lot of os mids and I have to say the Verdict is hands down the best I've ever come across...been awhile since I've been very amazed by a mold.

See, the Hornet for me has only been "overstable" in terms of the fade, but when the winds are high the hss just isn't there and it will track or flip unpredictably without a little hyzer and keeping the nose angle flat. Hornet hss seems to be about on par with the Vector, or maybe between the Vector and Pain, even though it has that heavy fade. By high winds, I'm talking 15mph+

See, the Hornet for me has only been "overstable" in terms of the fade, but when the winds are high the hss just isn't there and it will track or flip unpredictably without a little hyzer and keeping the nose angle flat. Hornet hss seems to be about on par with the Vector, or maybe between the Vector and Pain, even though it has that heavy fade. By high winds, I'm talking 15mph+

You need a new hornet. Or to clean up your form. Mine have nearly Drone-like HSS. (all Z, from 150-180g)

You need a new hornet. Or to clean up your form. Mine have nearly Drone-like HSS. (all Z, from 150-180g)

Brand new Z...have pretty good form except for the days where I don't! Throwing them all in repeated tests in high winds (head and fade-side crosswinds) the Hornet just doesn't do it as well. Not a bad disc by any means. I've only tried two Hornets, but both were similar and I didn't think either was as overstable as a Drone, personally.

If I were to rank them from least to most in terms of hss only, given a strong flat throw with those winds, it would be like this: Vector/SM Roc/z Wasp, Hornet, Pain (either plastic, not much difference), Verdict, Drone/Gator, Viper, Whippet. Varying amounts of distance and fade, but that's how I've found them to be in hss. Curious where the BOS fits in there. And yes, obviously most of these can be made to do wind duty in different ways. Just thinking in terms of flat hss under power/wind.

Last edited:
Enjoy

Finally got this put together.

LOVE the Buzzz OS. Reliably overstable without being too beefy to use. Makes a great headwind and sidearm disc!

Not that I won't probably try them all anyways, but out of curiosity - How would the Buzzz OS compare to an M1? I find the M1 to have solid HSS and dependable fade but was thinking of trying a Z Drone until this came out. I also bag a Vector and a Roc3 and use them for different lines and wanted my beef OS mid to have a little stronger distinction.