• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

I tested them side by side with a Verdict and I picked the Verdict every day. As others already noted, the Buzzz OS was little to no glide. It really felt like I had to muscle it to get what I was getting with the Verdict. On placement shots, the net results were almost identical. However, when driving, the ease and glide of the Verdict made it the clear choice.

I used to throw Hornets, and will definitely hang onto the seasoned one I still have, but I pulled the Hornets out in favor of the Verdicts for almost the same reason the Verdict won out over the Buzzz OS; the Verdict thanks to its glide and dependable HSS and fade make it easy to throw.

Maybe I had an odd Hornet, but it turned a little and I couldnt trust it in winds.

Maybe I had an odd Hornet, but it turned a little and I couldnt trust it in winds.

I had a 173 very opaque Z hornet like that as well, it was pretty much a buzzz. Since then I've only seen one like that. Most stiff, heavy Z hornets are very overstable. Not quite drone but still too overstable for my taste, I prefer a beat up hornet or a wasp. So obviously I haven't bothered with a buzzzos yet because it is at least hornet overstable. If I get to try one and it is gator-esque I might be interested.

Well I have been throwing the Buzzz O/S for about a month now. I can say without a doubt the Buzzz O/S is more stable than a Roc3. In stabality order, I now have a Ti Buzzz, Roc3 and Buzzz o/s (all 180) in my bag.

For my less stable mid I am back to a Stingray or 2 for woods courses. I carry 1 d/x and 1 star. both 180. I also carry a Skeeter or 2 and my medium Pure putter.

I am more than happy with my mids & putter now.

FTFY

It seem like theres been some differentces in the B OS through the few runs.
I have a flat one... not concave, not domey, just flat. This one is a longer Zone,
a tick less stable and little longer.
I took the sone out since I can underposer B OS and get the same result...
even down to the skips.

i disagree with your ftfy. some advanced/open level players in mn here throw hornets and no one ever said they have turn. think you might have a form issue. they make the wind their bitch.

Last edited:
I had a 173 very opaque Z hornet like that as well, it was pretty much a buzzz. Since then I've only seen one like that. Most stiff, heavy Z hornets are very overstable. Not quite drone but still too overstable for my taste, I prefer a beat up hornet or a wasp. So obviously I haven't bothered with a buzzzos yet because it is at least hornet overstable. If I get to try one and it is gator-esque I might be interested.

ive only thrown the opaque esp/z blend hornet.

rarely throw it but im glad i have it when i need it

Why do you want glide in an overstable mold?

:confused:

Probably depends on what slot in the bag you're trying to fill. If you want something to throw flat that will go straight for a good way with some glide and then fade out hard, maybe you would favor a hornet. If you want the disc purely for wind-fighting and throwing big hyzer drives, you would probably favor the BOS. I think it just depends on your expectations, your power level, and what slot you want to fill in your bag.

Personally, I was originally hoping the BOS would be just a little more stable than a Roc(3)/Wasp. It turns out instead that it is a lot more overstable and ended up knocking the Drone out of my bag because I prefer the BOS feel in the hand. I really don't have a problem with that, and I think the BOS is a great mold for what it is (although maybe a bit more OS than advertised).

My First run Buzzz OS is table top flat. Have the productions runs began? Are they as flat and overstable as first runs?

Don't like glidey mids but you need some glide for workable shots and range. Glideless OS mids are best left to skip shots or gail force winds, IMO.

I like glideless mids. They seem more workable to me. They still hold a line, but they flex back more consistently, more quickly, and more aggressively. They're the perfect compliment to fairways that don't hold a line as reliably, and putters that don't flex back reliably.

Truly glideless mids that come to mind are Demon, Drone, and a couple small diameter Innova utility mids. For flex shots you're describing, glideless mids aren't very "workable". You're better off throwing a slightly OS mid that has some glide and have it slowly flex back.

i hate the glide on a comet but hornet has enough glide to get some easy D. doesnt just dump off like the buzz (p)os

Yeah, mids with too much glide, any kind of breeze can play havoc. Not to mention trying to range it consistently. Really down on the Buzzz OS I see. I think I'll stick with Wasps in that role, thank you.:)

up. especially in an os mid you dont want too much glide. but i dont like throwing a brick either. i guess im just spoiled and i sound really whiny hahaha. but yeah if you dig the glideless hard dump mids, the buzz os is for you

Right, leave the glideless bricks for utility shots...such as knife hyzers or low skip shots.

I'm really liking the buzz os. Mine is a blue first run with the rainbow stamp and super pearly.

Maybe it's the range in which I throw mids, but I like the buzz os more than my verdict so far. If I need to throw over 300' I'm picking something besides a mid range out of my bag. The buzz goes straight with a tiny bit of fade for me. The comet goes straight as an arrow, and my tursas turns right(rhbh) the whole time to about the same d. My verdict would play games with me in the wind, but my buzz os seems to be the perfect hard fade at 300'.

I'm on a stupid pain pill so I won't know if this made sense until the morning. Jumping jack earth compactors are really hard on big toes.

Latest posts