• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Agree about Tensor not being very overstable, but straight with late fade. Pretty decent glide too. Range is somewhat limited though because of its slower speed. It's an interesting mid, because it won't turn, but it's not a meathook either. I'm pairing it with a Tangent.

So I carry a Z buzzz, an old glo z, and a glo z buzzzOS.

I keep the Buzzz OS when I want to throw it as hard, as a midrange shot off the tee, and know it will finish left. I use this over the buzzz if there is OB or wind. It's no where near zone caliber but it's also much more OS than the most OS buzzz.

So I carry a Z buzzz, an old glo z, and a glo z buzzzOS.

I keep the Buzzz OS when I want to throw it as hard, as a midrange shot off the tee, and know it will finish left. I use this over the buzzz if there is OB or wind. It's no where near zone caliber but it's also much more OS than the most OS buzzz.

How does the Buzzz OS compare to a Verdict?

How does the Buzzz OS compare to a Verdict?

Much less glide, much more dumpy. I thought the verdict was pretty HSS (very little turn) but not super LSS (didn't fade much at the end) and it had a lot of glide.

The Buzzz OS seems to go for a bit then just tank. I don't know if you have thrown a truth, but I would say truth to buzzz is the same as verdict to buzzz OS.

Truth has more glide and is a little straighter start to finish because it has a bit of turn and less fade so it makes a tight S whereas the Buzzz doesn't have AS much glide and has more HSS and LSS.

Same thing with the verdict versus Buzzz OS.

I have a light purple FR z buzzz OS 178g. Its ever so slightly concave. This thing is a meathook period. Not much glide. I can throw my reggie Z and cryztal buzzz close to 380 (and no, thats not interweb distance). My slightly beat ESP FLX drone had more glide and distance than this. Im dissapointed in the flight with this one, i will try a lighter weight and see if i get the flight i want.

I will say this plastic is amazingly strong. You really cant go wrong with discrafts plastic choices.

Agree about Tensor not being very overstable, but straight with late fade. Pretty decent glide too. Range is somewhat limited though because of its slower speed. It's an interesting mid, because it won't turn, but it's not a meathook either. I'm pairing it with a Tangent.
Ok, I have to admit that your description other than the part I underlined matches my experiance. My Tensor is straight if I throw it hard, but the fade at the end is very pronounced. If I sounded like the disc flys a similar pattern to a FAF Firebird or XXX then I came off wrong. It's definately a straight flight with a healthy fade at the end. What I was trying to convey is that if I throw the Tensor and Buzzz OS on the same starting line the Tensor (for me at least) seems to finish shorter and further left. The Buzzz OS seems to be about 20' longer and slightly straighter. Of course my sample size with it is smaller, and consists mainly of throwing it as a second shot after my Tensor or a Buzzz, so maybe I'm off base.

Edit: Either way I love this disc and it's got a home in my bag for the time being.

Last edited:
Much less glide, much more dumpy. I thought the verdict was pretty HSS (very little turn) but not super LSS (didn't fade much at the end) and it had a lot of glide.

The Buzzz OS seems to go for a bit then just tank. I don't know if you have thrown a truth, but I would say truth to buzzz is the same as verdict to buzzz OS.

Truth has more glide and is a little straighter start to finish because it has a bit of turn and less fade so it makes a tight S whereas the Buzzz doesn't have AS much glide and has more HSS and LSS.

Same thing with the verdict versus Buzzz OS.

I go back and forth between a Verdict + Truth and a Wasp + Buzzz. With the Verdict + Truth I usually carry a suspect as well for those shorter shots with more fade.

I'm sure I'll have to try out a Buzzz OS soon, just not sure where it would fit in right now.

Ok, I have to admit that your description other than the part I underlined matches my experiance. My Tensor is straight if I throw it hard, but the fade at the end is very pronounced. If I sounded like the disc flys a similar pattern to a FAF Firebird or XXX then I came off wrong. It's definately a straight flight with a healthy fade at the end. What I was trying to convey is that if I throw the Tensor and Buzzz OS on the same starting line the Tensor (for me at least) seems to finish shorter and further left. The Buzzz OS seems to be about 20' longer and slightly straighter. Of course my sample size with it is smaller, and consists mainly of throwing it as a second shot after my Tensor or a Buzzz, so maybe I'm off base.

Edit: Either way I love this disc and it's got a home in my bag for the time being.

I'm using the Tensor in approach role, so I'm not throwing it hard. I was surprised at the lack of overstability while still exhibiting no turn, which makes it very workable for me. As for the glide, maybe the fact that it doesn't try to fade out early contributes to that perception. I don't throw Buzzz anymore, but the ones I had(Z and X) were definitely a longer mid than the Tensor.

Its gotten super windy the last few weeks around here. So I put a buzzOS in the bag, and have been surprisingly liking it a lot so far. Absolute great flick disc.

after Dubs this morning I traded a ESP Meteor for a FR Buzzz OS
which was perfect because I lost my Wasp this morning.
its flat to slightly concave, havent thrown it yet, will have to see how it does as a Wasp replacement

I finally got to throw one of these today...great compliment to my other Buzzzes. At the moment, I'm throwing an SS Z Buzzz for anny lines, a Big-Z Buzzz for straight lines, and the OS for hyzers.

Each fly differently and seem to fit well although I might start throwing an FLX ESP into the mix when the snow starts to fly. Any of you Buzzz aficionados know where that disc might fit into my bag?

after Dubs this morning I traded a ESP Meteor for a FR Buzzz OS
which was perfect because I lost my Wasp this morning.
its flat to slightly concave, havent thrown it yet, will have to see how it does as a Wasp replacement

if its slightly concave it might be the turning buzz os. it will turn but def come back hard. the turning ones were clearly concave though not slightly

if its slightly concave it might be the turning buzz os. it will turn but def come back hard. the turning ones were clearly concave though not slightly

If it does have a little wiggle in it, that will be ok.
It will help me get it out farther, to match distance with the other Buzzzs in my bag.

i only tossed it once today, (for the first time, as i forgot i had it) :doh:
it flew like a longer faster zone
i threw it on a steep hyzer trying to make a sharp tight corner

more info later

first day i bagged mine i forgot i had it after my first throw. hahaha.

and yes like a longer faster zone.

I picked up one of the memorial GLO and it is a thing of beauty; FAF and feels great in the hand. Are the production runs board flat as well?

I picked up one of the memorial GLO and it is a thing of beauty; FAF and feels great in the hand. Are the production runs board flat as well?

some are. there are domey ones, flat ones, and concave ones. honestly surprised by this in discraft. typically they have their chit together more. concave ones have turn. faf are longer zones. and i havent thrown a domey one, and honestly probably will never.

i have a few tosses on this disc now, and i really like it
easy to range, definitely a faster/longer zone
will stay in the bag, and must find a back up soon

Had my first chance to throw one of these today. The top is slightly dimpled down on this one. First throw with it at about 75% was absolutely crazy overstable. I tried a couple more at about 90% power and it was still fairly overstable. Not really sure if the OS will make the bag in the long run. Very cool that it feels like a buzzz in the hand, but there is just too big of a gap between it and my buzzz in my bag.

Latest posts