• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Nebula, BuzzzOS, Drone, Wasp, Hornet.... what does BuzzzOS do the other OS discraft mid ranges don't?

It's in regular production unlike the Nebula, isn't a deep dish like the Drone, is significantly more o/s than the Wasp and doesn't come in that weird opaque blended Z plastic that refuses to be gripped and actually makes my skin crawl a little like the Hornet.

That last one might just be me.

It's in regular production unlike the Nebula, isn't a deep dish like the Drone, is significantly more o/s than the Wasp and doesn't come in that weird opaque blended Z plastic that refuses to be gripped and actually makes my skin crawl a little like the Hornet.

That last one might just be me.
It's more OS than the Hornet also, and feels a lot like a regular Buzzz in the hand. If you like Buzzzes you should pick one up and give it a whirl. If you don't like Buzzes then Drones, Zones, etc are probably a better fit.

allow me to chime in...

Nebula, BuzzzOS, Drone, Wasp, Hornet.... what does BuzzzOS do the other OS discraft mid ranges don't?

Nebula: never thrown it, so I don't know
Wasp: beaded, BOS is much more overstable and has less glide
Hornet: typical diameter, beaded and not flat topped; BOS is faster and has less glide
Drone: same rim as BOS but doesn't have as flat a top; the only real difference in flight is that Drone has more carry...whether it cuts through the air faster or has more glide, I can't really tell. Same beefy fade.

I don't know exactly why, but I just clicked with the BOS right away. Very intuitive to throw for me. I also like it for real short skip shots, particularly skip forehands. Its a fun disc and a worthy addition to the Buzzz lineup.

So they put the Buzzz OS out in base plastic, but not the Wasp?

Regardless it is pretty cool. They might beat in nice.

I wonder how much that will change the stability if any.
I notice my z is much more stable than my cryztal

I saw it late last night, ordered two this morning. 177 and 175. I'd get a couple more, they are on sale for 6$; but Idk if I'm going to get velvety or waxy pro-D so...

I wonder how much that will change the stability if any.
I notice my z is much more stable than my cryztal

Well, they stamp the Pro-D buzzzes with the same stability rating as the Z buzzz SSs. So I am assuming they will start around one tic less OS than a Z Buzzz OS. Now, I throw a Glo FLX mostly, compared to a Z OS: it goes straighter longer, not as drastic of fade. I'm kinda hoping these Pro-D might echo that pattern.

X plastic might come out domey. If they could get it consistently flat, an X Buzzz OS would rock.
I really hope they follow suite and give the Buzzz SS baseline treatment. Kinda doubt it will happen though.

So...yea

If anyone gets a Pro-D please feel free to chime in. Very curious as to how these molded up.

Well, after unboxxing, it appears they have dome. SHUT IT DOWN!

:/ JK, kinda, but I'm going to go throw now. Pics posted later. The plastic is kinda soft and flexy. Feels like 'waxy' might be a good descriptor.

Well, after unboxxing, it appears they have dome. SHUT IT DOWN!

:/ JK, kinda, but I'm going to go throw now. Pics posted later. The plastic is kinda soft and flexy. Feels like 'waxy' might be a good descriptor.

Gross.

I don't get why Discraft doesn't just run everything in Cam Todd, err, CT
That stuff is solid

Well, 15-20 mph winds, but these are pretty fun to throw. In a tailwind, they were pretty easy to throw flex shots with. Unlike a Z or the like plastics, I could flex it into straight lines. It probably could finish slightly right if I really pushed the anhyzer, but it is beefy enough to fight back well. In the headwind it was especially sensitive to OAT the few clean releases I got with a power grip went really straight with a slight track to the right, while rising and then falling. Choking up into a fan grip it was consistently OS into the wind. It threw like a long slow putter and I was eventually able to get some really fun loft shots landing within 10 ft of the bag from 50-75 ft out. I'll prolly keep these to bag for now, but I hope prime verdicts happen soon.

Latest posts