• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

This makes me curious how a Prime or Classic Justice might do.

Glo FLX on the left [matches up with my Zs as well], PRO-D on the right.
JLrVQNZm.jpg
rx6hdxXm.jpg

It's crazy. The pro-D buzzzes I've seen have been flat or concave. I didn't expect this profile at all. The flight is exactly what I expected, even more than. I have mixed feelings.

What little bit i have messed with Z, the domey Z Buzzz os seem to be a touch more stable than the flat ones

Are these really more stable than Gators? I'm not sure if it's worth go with my banshee I would normally throw for these kind of shots. Here's what inbounds is saying:

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR8292204836734463051605135032O

Welcome to the site and don't believe everything you see. Inbounds and a few others lurking around here, don't always get it right. Regarding powering down your Banshee/Cheetah/fairway driver to cover shorter overstable mid ranged shots, the topic of overstable mids being useless has been the root of many a good laugh;)

I'd rank the stability of Z/Champion from most to least:

Champ Gator (wants to find the ground quickly, little to no glide, huge spike fade)
Z BuzzzOS (wants to fade right out of the hand when new, loses fade first so beats into straighter with sweeping fade)
Champ Roc3 (originally marketed as the Buzzz killer, production run champ, but most fall into stable straight to slightly overstable)

Surprised people don't like this disc more, best forehand midrange I've ever thrown.

The BuzzzOS is more speed overstable than a truly overstable mold. When mashed on it's a straight flyer with a hefty fade...people fall into a few categories and that's usually not one filled with a majority of the DG population.

Drone throwers, Gator throwers, and other company very OS mid category. Die hard fans mostly.

Power down a driver (FB/Pred/etc) category.

Power up on a Zone (nothing else is like a Zone).

OS mids are pointless and just throw a Roc on a hyzer. Yes we only throw Rocs if we think OS mids are pointless. We're cool.

Lack of power makes OS discs useless because a Wasp or premium Roc is plenty overstable.

Doesn't buy into the V, 3, SS, OS, etc nonsense and goes for a different mold entirely.

Already bagging something similar, no need to switch.

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Posted by grip enemy

"Lack of power makes OS discs useless because a Wasp or premium Roc is plenty overstable"

I agree on this fully, most slower arm speeds have no business with OS anything.

However, here is what you are missing. Consistent golf and dg for that matter is based on having a similar swing speed on most of your shots. That is why we have mids or you would just power down.

You golf swing is at 70 to 80 percent normally. As in this is what effort you put into your swing and dial in with disc choice not your arm speed.

Last edited:
And if you want to decrease variables even more your disc angle release doesn't deviate much either that is done with disc choice (us to os).

Last edited:
However, here is what you are missing. Consistent golf and dg for that matter is based on having a similar swing speed on most of your shots. That is why we have mids or you would just power down.

This is partly true. You wouldn't just power down a 9-12 speed driver for a straight 200-300 ft shot because those discs don't like to stay straight thrown with that little power. This is part of the reason that new players generally should use slower discs. Can they get a 12 speed driver further than a 6 speed driver? Definitely. Will it be WAY harder to keep that 12 speed disc on line with their lack of power? Definitely.

Thanks smooth but I like manipulating my release angle instead of just throwing flat, and I'm a Drone guy. Simply commented for SamHertz' sake.

I've been amazed at how much I enjoy throwing the ProD . At my 250- 300 ft of midrange power It's not my furthest flying mid, but I am now pulling flex shots with them that match the D of my average throws with a nuetral mid (lucid truth). Except if there is any wind at all, save a tailwind, the ProD B-OS will be more accurate. I'd Been worried about the plastic wear, and had noticed flight changes during field use; but yesterday I slammed a rock face below a basket @ 200 feet, knocked a chunk off the limestone and the disc both; but two holes later a needle thread approach with the same B-OS gave me a (lost) eagle attempt on a par 4.. So now I'm kindve excited to beat this one up. I'll get a pic of the DMG later.

Picked up a Pro D Buzzz OS today.
Only got a couple tosses on it.
But you can't beat the tacky, rubbery feel for cold wet rounds.

Posted by grip enemy

"Lack of power makes OS discs useless because a Wasp or premium Roc is plenty overstable"

I agree on this fully, most slower arm speeds have no business with OS anything.

You golf swing is at 70 to 80 percent normally. As in this is what effort you put into your swing and dial in with disc choice not your arm speed.

And if you want to decrease variables even more your disc angle release doesn't deviate much either that is done with disc choice (us to os).

This is partly true. You wouldn't just power down a 9-12 speed driver for a straight 200-300 ft shot because those discs don't like to stay straight thrown with that little power. This is part of the reason that new players generally should use slower discs. Can they get a 12 speed driver further than a 6 speed driver? Definitely. Will it be WAY harder to keep that 12 speed disc on line with their lack of power? Definitely.

Are Overstable Mids Pointless?

Anyone still throwing the Pro D Buzzz OS? How do they beat in?

Since they don't make Suspects in real cheap base I thought maybe these could replace my Suspects that I can't beat in to cycle.

Latest posts