• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

I doubt you'll have to buy one in the secondary market. The last couple years, Infinite has had a pretty good supply of Ledgestone Edition discs which didn't sell out for months. They might have costed a little more than regular stock prices, but not too much, and the supply was definitely more than sufficient to meet the demand. I imagine if you want to try one of these, you'll have ample opportunity to buy a couple at the regular release price.

I think I read Marshal Street is the official Ledgestone Edition disc store this year, but either way, your point still remains. Both Marshal Street and Infinite still have some from last year and a great selection of x-outs as well. Not just Buzzz OS, but Ledgestone discs in general

Last edited:
I think Discraft's popularity has taken a big hit the last few years. Their secondary market compared to a lot of other manufacturers just doesn't demand the sort of prices for old/LE runs. I mean there are a few Discraft discs that do fetch pretty good prices like Wasp-tooled Buzzzes, but overall the collector market for most of their stuff just doesn't seem to be as big. That might be a good thing in many peoples' eyes, but I think it's a sign that demand for their discs is just not nearly as high as it used to be. If there were as many people throwing Discraft as Innova, the Ledgestone Editions of their popular molds would be sold out in hours or days requiring many more runs rather than sitting in stock for months.

Yeah, you can still find a lot of 2015 Ledgestone discs. I think the ones that went the quickest were the Cryztal FLX Zones, and these have now gone into regular production. So I think an ESP Buzzz OS has a good chance.

I think Discraft's popularity has taken a big hit the last few years. Their secondary market compared to a lot of other manufacturers just doesn't demand the sort of prices for old/LE runs. I mean there are a few Discraft discs that do fetch pretty good prices like Wasp-tooled Buzzzes, but overall the collector market for most of their stuff just doesn't seem to be as big. That might be a good thing in many peoples' eyes, but I think it's a sign that demand for their discs is just not nearly as high as it used to be. If there were as many people throwing Discraft as Innova, the Ledgestone Editions of their popular molds would be sold out in hours or days requiring many more runs rather than sitting in stock for months.

Totally agree. They make some great molds, but I feel like they suck at marketing. Some times just making a good product is not enough. I only throw 2 of their molds currently and love them both, but I just don't have much interest in even trying anything else. I have heard really good things about some of their new molds, but not because of anything Discraft has done to promote them. I hate that one of the powerhouse companies seems to be becoming more niche, but I guess that is the way of the world.

In regards to their popularity....I never found a certain run of Discraft discs to be superior to a good ol' production run. People who collect Innova talk about plastic blend and flight of their 11x's and 12x's, but every regular production run of Z Buzzz's delivers what I want out of the disc. I mainly bag Discraft, and I treat Ledgestone's and other Limited Editions as a novelty. I buy them to try, and sometimes bag a few, but don't covet them over the regular runs.

Also...FLX for a driver sucks, Ti or Cryztal. I think that's the factor. Plenty of First Run Wombats, Studs, Vcobras, etc still available...

Totally agree. They make some great molds, but I feel like they suck at marketing. Some times just making a good product is not enough. I only throw 2 of their molds currently and love them both, but I just don't have much interest in even trying anything else. I have heard really good things about some of their new molds, but not because of anything Discraft has done to promote them. I hate that one of the powerhouse companies seems to be becoming more niche, but I guess that is the way of the world.

Yeah I agree with you, they make very solid products, but the marketing is pretty lacking. I also feel like they just can't get out of their own way with the flight numbers. I mean, I have a pretty good idea about their putters and mids and a couple of their distance drivers like the Nuke and Crank. However, because they don't classify their drivers the same way most people/companies do or list a flight speed (or rim width), I have no idea what their lineup of fairway drivers and control drivers actually looks like. What's this new Archer? Oh it's a "Driver" (not to be confused with a "Distance Driver"). So what's the rim width/speed? Is it in the fairway driver or control driver class? No idea unless I go hunt down PDGA specs or look on a vendor site or something, which is just stupid.

If they would use standard flight numbers or at least group their drivers into the industry standard sort of groupings (fairway, control, distance), then it would help tremendously with knowing at a glance where any particular disc in their lineup should fit as far as bag slots go.

^^^ Yeah, I've thrown Discraft from the beginning, and I never refer to my discs in their system. Wish they would switch over to the 4 number.

If they would use standard flight numbers or at least group their drivers into the industry standard sort of groupings (fairway, control, distance), then it would help tremendously with knowing at a glance where any particular disc in their lineup should fit as far as bag slots go.

But the Innova numbers? Or Trilogy?
Personally, I think all they're missing is speed.

Just the four number system would be good. Innova and Trilogy's use of the system may not be exact with each other's numbers, but get the speed right (as both Innova and Trilogy generally do) and the rest should be fine. Discraft seems to not do the four-number system BECAUSE Innova started it and is doing it, and that's hurting Discraft badly (IMHO).

By the way, I do think Discraft is doing better than they were. Their discs are coming out in better, brighter colors; the plastics seem to be getting better; they've put out some good molds lately, and their housecleaning may have claimed the Hornet, but at least they're doing a thoughtful cleaning out and thinning of the herd.

Yeah I wouldn't mind not having the entire 4-numbering system because I think the glide/fade numbers are heavily related to the stability anyway. Just having rim width (or "speed") and some stability number (either Innova/Trilogy's or Discraft's own decimal number would be fine) would help tremendously.

Anyway, this territory has been covered before now, so I'll stop hating on Discraft's marketing. Honestly the biggest reason I don't throw much Discraft (or Discmania for that matter) is because I don't like Z/Champion style plastic very much. Discraft and Discmania's molds (at least anything faster than a putter) seem to be mostly designed with Z style plastic in mind. They mold stuff in other plastics, sure, but if you really want the "true" version of most molds, you throw Z (or C-line). I like premium blends that are a little softer/grippier like Star/Neutron/400G/etc. much better. I don't mind Ti or Trilogy GL, but those also tend to be a little slicker and harder than I'd like. Just a personal preference in feel and grip for me.

Has anyone tried cycling pro-d buzzz OSs? Got my hands on one that's not the waxy pro-d, it actually feels pretty good IMO. I'm considering cycling them and was wondering if anyone has had some success with it. Problem is getting my hands on them. Local shops don't seem to carry them and I'm not sure if I want to risk getting sent some of the bad plastic from online.

After a couple rounds at a wooded course it is surprisingly still maintaining it's stability, maybe a tick less but not much. I'm wondering if it will beat in too fast after some more use and that "sweet" spot won't last for long.

Honestly the biggest reason I don't throw much Discraft (or Discmania for that matter) is because I don't like Z/Champion style plastic very much. Discraft and Discmania's molds (at least anything faster than a putter) seem to be mostly designed with Z style plastic in mind. They mold stuff in other plastics, sure, but if you really want the "true" version of most molds, you throw Z (or C-line). I like premium blends that are a little softer/grippier like Star/Neutron/400G/etc. much better. I don't mind Ti or Trilogy GL, but those also tend to be a little slicker and harder than I'd like. Just a personal preference in feel and grip for me.

I like Champion/C-Line just fine, but oderwise I agree with you about Discmania molds... the C-Lines seem to perform closer to the numbers and perform better in C-Line plastic.

I personally prefer the Gold Line, Star, and Titanium plastics, though Gold Line beats in a little faster than I'd like it to, at least in my Rivers. Titanium plastic is awesome, and I do wish Discraft made more of their molds in Ti. I'd also like the Ti molds in brighter colors. Their "pine straw orange" gets too easily lost on many courses set in the Georgia pines.

Hmm, guess there is no "perfect storm" in any disc...

Has anyone tried cycling pro-d buzzz OSs? Got my hands on one that's not the waxy pro-d, it actually feels pretty good IMO. I'm considering cycling them and was wondering if anyone has had some success with it. Problem is getting my hands on them. Local shops don't seem to carry them and I'm not sure if I want to risk getting sent some of the bad plastic from online.

After a couple rounds at a wooded course it is surprisingly still maintaining it's stability, maybe a tick less but not much. I'm wondering if it will beat in too fast after some more use and that "sweet" spot won't last for long.

I'm not sure how that would work. There are mostly wooded courses in my area so I tend to shy away from baseline plastics. Why not just go with the premium stuff if you're committed to the Buzzz? Have a Buzzz, and OS, and an SS in premium plastics like Z, ESP, or Ti and all your midrange needs are covered for a long while...

I'm not sure how that would work. There are mostly wooded courses in my area so I tend to shy away from baseline plastics. Why not just go with the premium stuff if you're committed to the Buzzz? Have a Buzzz, and OS, and an SS in premium plastics like Z, ESP, or Ti and all your midrange needs are covered for a long while...

I guess that's the whole baseline cycling vs. different disc for each slot argument. I tend to prefer cycling because it's the same feel and better grip when cold/wet/sweaty. I wouldn't say I'm committed to the buzzz family at all but it happens to be what I'm using at the moment with a mix of D and Ti. I was using cycled Rocs with a premium overstable mid but I needed a replacement for the premium OS slot I lost so I picked up a Ti buzzz OS. I really liked it so I picked up a D OS and really liked it as well so I was curious if other people had experience cycling D OS's.

I'm not a big fan of Z or champion-like plastic (except pinnacle). With the buzzz family being predominately Z or Z variations it's hard complete a mid lineup without that kind of plastic. Even though it's possible to get ESP/Ti in OS/SS it is not always the easiest since it's not widely available. I play mostly wooded courses as well and think just the opposite. With using just premium it's good because the discs last longer and if I need a disc in a certain slot I can go to a shop and replace it right away. But I feel it is advantageous to throw baseline because I have the same feel and flight that go from OS to progressively slightly understable all the way till roller. Even if I lose that disc that's been beat in to that sweet spot, I can replace it from a backup (one that's been beat to the point it overlaps so I stash it) or in a short amount of time get a current disc to that slot because it'll beat it from the wooded courses.

Titanium plastic is awesome, and I do wish Discraft made more of their molds in Ti. I'd also like the Ti molds in brighter colors. Their "pine straw orange" gets too easily lost on many courses set in the Georgia pines.

The pink Ti I've gotten in the past has been by far the brightest and easiest to find. I hear you on the orange, although the orange is still better for me than the dark blue/purple/brown/etc.

I've got the first runs of the first runs. Orange pearly near max weight.

Bought them for a collector. If you want hardcore os these are considered the most os run.

Willing to sell for the right price.

Latest posts