• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Tip for n00bs: wasps and hornets fly closer to the buzzz than the buzzz os does. Treat the buzz os as a "drone ss". hope this helps alleviate some of the confusion.

When I enjoyed the Hornet, I found it to get the same BH flight as the Teebirds I was using at the time.

You are correct sir, buzzz os is is the way to go if you play the skip, btw. Zone is better for placement on account of being slower. I know plenty of people who bag em both, myself not included.

So I am hearing similar to a hornet and drone. Is it like hornet stability with drone skip? If that's the case I will keep the hornet. I ditched the drone for the zone because if I wanted the skip I can throw a driver. Especially now I have an xXx in the bag.

So I am hearing similar to a hornet and drone. Is it like hornet stability with drone skip? If that's the case I will keep the hornet. I ditched the drone for the zone because if I wanted the skip I can throw a driver. Especially now I have an xXx in the bag.

It slots between the hornet and drone. Drone has more beef, hornet has more glide.

Took out the zone for Dubs.
it took a little getting used to not having it, and reaching for the Buzzz OS instead.
But I think it could be done
I like my Zone, but I also really like the idea of only carrying this Buzzz OS.
Tough call, but I would really like to slim down my bag.

Last edited:
I am liking this disc.i now carry
buzzz for straight with almost no fade.
Wasp for straight with a solid but forward gliding fade.
Buzzz OS for straight with hard dumping fade.

I like it so much. .....
I now have a Cryztal OS on the way

My BuzzzOS doesn't get a ton of play but when the wind is out my OS goes in the bag. I'm not seeing a hard dumping fade... yet. It started out like a mini firebird wanting to fade right out of the hand but still decent glide. Its starting to break in a bit and goes stable for about 50% of its flight before the fade starts kicking in, again similar to my seasoned FB so I aim well right and don't expect to overshoot the basket.

Maybe I should work on beating it in this winter in the woods. I'd like to see straighter flights then a hard fade out at the end.

BuzzzOS is the first OS mid I actually like and in my top 3 new molds for 2014. Is yours board flat too?

I got three first runs right when they came out (I somehow knew I would love this mold) so all mine are consistently flat. I haven't heard of any domey ones yet, but some have a mild dome and some concave. Discraft is right at the top for consistency, especially with their mids.

I have some first runs that are super stiff and some that feel gummy. All are board flat. I have one I've thrown since they came out in my bag (American flag stamp) and it's really picked up some glide. Don't give up on them! I didn't like it much at all when I first got it I just bought a stack as collectors

finally picked up a red sparkle cryztal z OS the other day and i love it. its like a longer zone and like a more reliable beadless hornet.

buzzz for straight with almost no fade.
Wasp for straight with a solid but forward gliding fade.

Pretty much exactly my thought process, I go one further with a Hornet as my FH option.

Loving my new crystal Buzz OS, everything I've been looking for in an OS mid. Feels great in the hand too.
I've got to track CryZtal Buzzz OS. I've got some new vinyl coming from BennettUA, and one of these would look great with my Scots clan crest on it.

Latest posts