• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

This is what Discmania says about the CD3:
"The long-awaited CD3 is finally here! Discmania set out to create a driver that was suitable for all walks of life and ended up with something even more special than that. Think of your favorite control driver and sprinkle in some added speed, glide, and a little bit of turn and you have yourself a CD3. Combine that with probably the most ergonomic rim configuration you've seen on a 11 speed driver and you'll know this is a disc you'll be opting for off the tee time after time.

Although it is great for beginning players and advanced golfers alike, the CD3 will find a home even in the bags of power throwers. You will find yourself reaching for it again and again for long tunnel shots, huge turnovers, gentle hyzers, and a soft finish on every throw. Some of our players even like it for a longer roller. You'll be amazed with how easy the CD3 is to throw consistently."

this phrase, "Although it is great for beginning players and advanced golfers alike, the CD3 will find a home even in the bags of power throwers." is such a cop out. I understand that they are a company and have to sell discs, but this description seems to get added to every new disc that comes out.

Don't even get me started on some of the advertising (garbage) I've seen come out. :\

So what the advertising tells me is that this is a more understable disc than an overstable one (the giveaway is that "some" players like it for a longer roller; yeah, right... that's what the pros were getting when they turned and burned it). That could be a good thing for a noodle arm like me, but it sounds like it's not going to be another Krait...

This disc will definitely get an extended tryout as a truly longer FD. The CD2 just isn't quite long enough to claim that title.

Don't even get me started on some of the advertising (garbage) I've seen come out. :\

So what the advertising tells me is that this is a more understable disc than an overstable one (the giveaway is that "some" players like it for a longer roller; yeah, right... that's what the pros were getting when they turned and burned it). That could be a good thing for a noodle arm like me, but it sounds like it's not going to be another Krait...

Normally that wording scares me for exactly the same reasons...it's not useful for a high power player for everything to be a "roller" for them. But at least the demo video shows guys bombing them 450' on nice lines so I think with this disc it will be OK. If people who throw farther than me aren't getting touchy erratic shots and people who throw shorter still get glide, it's probably a good disc.

Discmania seems to be pretty good with their numbers and having their discs useful for higher powered players, obviously the DDX is more marketed to the masses as a distance disc though. From just watching video the CD3 statements seem consistent with how it's flying for people, but just those words have been used on so many discs that turn into flip machines.

Normally that wording scares me for exactly the same reasons...it's not useful for a high power player for everything to be a "roller" for them. But at least the demo video shows guys bombing them 450' on nice lines so I think with this disc it will be OK. If people who throw farther than me aren't getting touchy erratic shots and people who throw shorter still get glide, it's probably a good disc.

Discmania seems to be pretty good with their numbers and having their discs useful for higher powered players, obviously the DDX is more marketed to the masses as a distance disc though. From just watching video the CD3 statements seem consistent with how it's flying for people, but just those words have been used on so many discs that turn into flip machines.

Agreed. The video showed some throws went anny (RHBH throws) and some of the throws were hyzer flips for the strong/faster arms. I'm interested in trying it; if it gets good distance for me and I could disc down from higher speed discs, I'd be good with it.

Some good shtick would be a deadly serious review of a disc like this, but then actually throwing a Diamond or Kite for the camera, unbeknownst to the viewer. "Hmm, I only max out around 350 with my Wraiths downhill with a tailwind after 3 cups of coffee, but I just couldn't keep this disc from rolling unless I hyzer flipped it with 50% power."

Picked up two-blue, green stamp, max weight. I'm really good at burning my hard earned on plastic!

I don't understand why people just buy one of anything. How do you test it proper? You always need two indenticals for field testing. Not to mention the shipping is about the same for one as two.

What a cluster that was. I consider myself lucky to have snagged one, but there were a lot of hiccups checking out. I hope I actually got the disc.

I don't understand why people just buy one of anything. How do you test it proper? You always need two indenticals for field testing. Not to mention the shipping is about the same for one as two.
maybe, you know, money? or we dont need extras of every disc we own laying around?

I got one to try out and have the limited stamp, then if I like what I see, I'll get more when they're released this summer and save a few bucks. Not a huge issue, but I don't need to grab 4 when there's such a limited stock and deny others wanting to give it a shot.

Picked up two-blue, green stamp, max weight. I'm really good at burning my hard earned on plastic!

Same here. I throw DDx's and CD2's already (and maybe don't have the arm for the DDx's yet anyway) and still bought two CD3's, and while I was at I told myself I might as well save on shipping and bought another Eagle MD3, two Lizotte FD's and two metal flake FD3's. I'm such an idiot haha.

Latest posts