• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

this kind of sounds like a faster TD, which should be awesome because the TD is a sick disc. Can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

Really surprised it got here already, wish I waited for the mail to come before I played today. At the risk of getting too hyped up, I really like how it feels in my hand. There's the slightest thumb groove above where the rim meets the flight plate, and it's got a little dome to it as well (certainly more than my C-PD). I'm pretty smashed right now and tempted to launch it off my deck. I'll probably wait until daylight.

Really surprised it got here already, wish I waited for the mail to come before I played today. At the risk of getting too hyped up, I really like how it feels in my hand. There's the slightest thumb groove above where the rim meets the flight plate, and it's got a little dome to it as well (certainly more than my C-PD). I'm pretty smashed right now and tempted to launch it off my deck. I'll probably wait until daylight.

sounds like the good ol' anhyzer top, I wonder what rim they threw it on.

It is a Beast top. This is from the CEO himself. Def different from the anhzyer. I got some more throws in too, long downhill bombs. I can understand how someone on FB said it was like a lazy DDx, i.e doing the turn and fade more slowly vs. the flip and dump of the DDx. Interesting disc for sure but will need to wait for production run to really get to know it. Just the one is not enough and the Konopistes cost an arm and a leg now.

Looks like all the super limited, numbered diamond with ghost stamp sold out last night. I got nearly the last two. So, I'm definetly in debt on this disc having already ordered the two of the Konipspte stamp ones as well.

Looks like all the super limited, numbered diamond with ghost stamp sold out last night. I got nearly the last two. So, I'm definetly in debt on this disc having already ordered the two of the Konipspte stamp ones as well.
What's this? They did a second release?

Yeah, I randomly checked the site. Not for CD3's cause I'm broke. But to see rather or not my bottom stamped luster's that I got in mail were advertised luster. Cause when I got them of the two only one had some luster in it.

Long story is, I think you had to get real lucky or have inside info. My case was total luck..

Don't be too upset 55 bucks for two shipped!

Preliminary report: The CD3 is a much longer FD

Threw it about 5 times. I'll report back when I get some more time with it.

Some pics. Some of the best looking regular candy plastic I've seen. Really afraid to throw these.

Attachments

• discmania order 001.jpg
    discmania order 001.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 65
  • discmania order 002.jpg
    discmania order 002.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 72
I'm having to say this is definitely the "control" version of a DDx. More comfortable in the hand, ie; not having the sharp lower wing, slightly deeper, but with a bit of dome. The C-Line plastic is a medium-firm and very bright pink (my favorite) :D I was able to get out a throw it a bit yesterday in the muddy slopfest that is a Michigan spring and I was quite happy! Less extreme turn/fade than a DDx, resulting in easy controlled hyzerflips, or long, sweeping flex lines. It really does remind me a lot of a Wraith with a little bit less fade and maybe a touch more glide. In my out-of-shape winter form, I was easily putting it out 350' with a couple drives pushing 400. (a bit over 380' to be more exact) Very comfortable feeling disc for both forehand and backhand.

My best comparison would definitely be a stable C-Line FD with extra horsepower. I think this will be an excellent disc for players with good arm speed, but not quite up to the super bomber status. Fits perfectly in my wheelhouse. I can see this replacing my DDx's for distance fairly easily. Once they come in S-Line, I'll see how they fly and likely go to a PD/CD3 combo for main drivers with something a little stronger for wind.

Two thumbs up. :thmbup: :thmbup:

Yeah I have thrown mine a little more too and I think the "control" bit stands even if the distance potential and speed rating is stretching the term some. Felt like "oh now I went and put too much angle on it, its gonna flip to the right and never come back.... No, wait its not" or "well that one is going to fade out too soon for where I was going... No, wait its fading so slowly and gradually that it worked out just fine" compared to what a DDx would have done. Not calling the fight over by any means but taking a step back from "never gonna replace my DDxs" for sure.

Enjoyed throwing this today, can't say it's a lock to supplant anything I'm currently bagging but I'll definitely keep working with it. Only line that really jumped out was a nice long flat hyzer that wanted to glide forever. Other than that, my home course doesn't offer any drives where other discs aren't more suitable. But I think I'd definitely make room for it when trying an unfamiliar course. And I can say I'll absolutely be ordering a mid 160s S-line when they come out. The mold feels great in my hand for sure.

Enjoyed throwing this today, can't say it's a lock to supplant anything I'm currently bagging but I'll definitely keep working with it. Only line that really jumped out was a nice long flat hyzer that wanted to glide forever. Other than that, my home course doesn't offer any drives where other discs aren't more suitable. But I think I'd definitely make room for it when trying an unfamiliar course. And I can say I'll absolutely be ordering a mid 160s S-line when they come out. The mold feels great in my hand for sure.
When I get mine in the mail I will try this. I will have to see how it performs FH on the same line, I'm hoping for it to flip up and make my cardmates go "Was that a flick?" like they did when I bombed my PD over 400 when we had a distance comp.

To those who have thrown a Mystere how does it fly compared to a Mystere? I'm hoping that it will fly like a Mystere when thrown into a headwind as I have no disc that I can rely on for distance into a headwind. It's either throw my Mystere on a massive hyzer or throw my Destroyer and lose distance for predictability.

Yesterday I had a chance to really give the CD3 an extended tryout and as previewed, it did not disappoint.

This disc is awesome! As I mentioned before, it is basically a longer FD. Give it a line, it'll handle it. It rewards good form by flying exactly on the line you put it on, but is definitely a bit forgiving if you don't get things perfect. And the glide... this disc is a glide monster. It doesn't seem like it comes out of the hand like a speed 11, but it gets down the fairway quickly and is definitely long. Thrown flat and hard I was getting it out past 400' easily.

It seemed to hold up to the wind fairly well (I'm throwing a 172g), as there were some healthy gusts coming through from an incoming storm. It would turn a bit into a headwind, but do it's best job to fight back. It's obviously not a headwind disc, but I was pleasantly surprised how it held up. In a tailwind, it would absolutely bomb. So much so that it was hard to range distance because it would just keep gliding.

It especially excelled on sweeping hyzer lines where you need the disc to stand up just a bit to get down the fairway, but finish reliably. One of the holes I played has a 330' right to left dogleg to a slightly blind basket tucked in between two large bushes. On my first throw, I completely misjudged the distance potential of the CD3 and overthrew the hole by about 25-30'! After coming back for par, I wanted to try the shot again so I went back and put it on a bit of a hyzer and threw it about 70% power. This time the disc tracked perfectly down the fairway, straight into the side of the basket! Control driver indeed. :thmbup:

It'll be interesting to see how it beats in. Right out of the box there is some serious flashing that may be helping the disc hold some additional stability. Hopefully the predictable, controllable nature remains after the flashing is gone. It is immediately going into the bag and will likely challenge as a replacement to the DDx's I carry. As I mentioned above, it's a great stable/slightly understable compliment to the PDx, and I could see being able to cover basically all longer fairway/shorter distance drives with this combo.

Latest posts