• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

Hmm I definitely didn't notice that. So the center of the disc is popped up on top?

That's exactly what it is. This is not the first Innova molded disc that I've had that had one I've had a G* Thunderbird as well as a couple of other drivers that had it. I'm not surprised as the PDx which has the same top has the same problem.

That's exactly what it is. This is not the first Innova molded disc that I've had that had one I've had a G* Thunderbird as well as a couple of other drivers that had it. I'm not surprised as the PDx which has the same top has the same problem.

From what I understand, the CD3 has the beast top, and the PDX has the anhyzer top. So I don't think they are the same top in terms of their mold. Also, my CD3 has a little bit of a bump in the middle but not huge and my PDX doesn't have one at all, so it might just depend on the disc you got and what run it was or how it cooled.

My thrower version just got delivered. At first glance of the profile, it looks like a Wraith. Every so often, I drop all my 12/13 stuff for a few rounds just to mix it up and work on form. I'll throw this with my other 11s to see how it fits in.

the clear ones being the super collectible pricey ones. question mark.

I really have no idea if they are the super collectible pricey ones. I have two. They are definitely going to be up for sale. They are labeled 37/200 and 122/200. I was originally thinking of keeping one and throwing one, but after throwing the one around for a while, I'll just be passing them on to someone who will appreciate them more than I do.

Disc Golf Examiner review!
Am vs. Pro review, although they both threw about 300-350 feet on all throws. Awesome video, check out the others on youtube, like, comment and subscribe!

I don't feel like there were extensive comparisons in here about it's similarity to the CD2. Now that it's been out a while, anyone care to compare it to a CD2?

I don't feel like there were extensive comparisons in here about it's similarity to the CD2. Now that it's been out a while, anyone care to compare it to a CD2?
In my experience...

CD2 = Beat in PD
CD3 = Beat in Wraith

The CD3 has a little more high speed turn with less fade in it's flight than the CD2 and is faster and longer than the CD2.

Personally, I like the CD3 over the CD2. It seems to be more consistent in its flight and a little easier to throw (assuming you can get it up to speed).

In my experience...

CD2 = Beat in PD
CD3 = Beat in Wraith

The CD3 has a little more high speed turn with less fade in it's flight than the CD2 and is faster and longer than the CD2.

Personally, I like the CD3 over the CD2. It seems to be more consistent in its flight and a little easier to throw (assuming you can get it up to speed).

Interesting. I have a pretty big gap, I throw 2 PDs and 3 havocs but it's kinda no mans land inbetween those in terms of something that has turn and fade. May check them out when they do a stock release in S Line. Thanks!

Hmm... My 167g Konopiste seems to be the opposite. It seems to fade out a bit quicker than my CD2s (of which I have a lot) Though, all my CD2s are S-Line and my CD3 is C-Line (typically more stable)

For me, the CD2 is dead straight with a mild turn if thrown full speed and can easily be turned over if needed. The CD3 has a mild turn, but definitely fades harder. I'd say more like an 11/5/-.5/2 where my CD2s are 9/5/-.5/1 (in my mind)

I'm really looking forward to S-Line and hope it will be closer to the listed flight numbers. Unless I intentionally give some anhyzer, I don't get much turn out of my C-Line CD3.

(parenthesis)

Last edited:
yeah man theres quite the difference between S- and C-CD2s (especially if the C is in one of the more stable runs).

loving the S-CD2 for straight long shots and anhyzers. FR C-CD2 is in prospect status right now, to see if they can hold up to some wind. looking for a driver that would hold up to decent headwind but not fade too much at the end either. a seasoned SPD was a good choice but I did not want to always be in search of that particular level of beat in ness. I may yet have to look at C-PDs too if the C-CD2 does not work out. A 2nd run FD is one candidate too.

C-CD3 might have a place in the bag too, but going to have to do extensive testing vs. DDxs one the season really gets going in Finland.

i dont have the strongest arm (350-375) and these had zero turn for me. Pretty much does the same thing as a destroyer for me, which i mainly use situationally, not for max distance. I'll stick with the CD2 for now.

I compared mine to my older Star Wraith this morning. I see no real differences in shape of wing or top. I think it's just a Wraith. Like Scorpius is a Destroyer, Quasar is a Boss etc.

I threw mine yesterday side by side with a somewhat seasoned PFN Star Wraith. Only difference in flight was a little more high speed turn from the Wraith. When the flashing comes off this CD3, it will be the same disc in flight, I suspect.