• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

I was throwing the CD3 A LOT on Saturday when we were playing on a golf course with super long holes with lots of opportunities to really air one out. The verdict for me at least (MA3 average joe that maxes out at 350 or so) is that despite what I predicted at first, the CD3 will likely kick the DDxs out of my bag. They get all the distance with just a hair less effort and with less abrupt angle change whether turning over or fading, i.e. more forgiving than the DDx. I still love my DDxs and not looking to get rid of them in a hurry (plus I have some special collectible ones) but scoring wise on a course it felt like the CD3 is the way to go.

That would make my distance driver setup: S-CD2 C-CD3 C-DD and with those three I felt like I was hitting any and all the lines that I required. I like the idea that I have 3 of all disc types (putter, mid, fairway/control, distance) with straight/US to stable/OS variation in all.

I was throwing the CD3 A LOT on Saturday when we were playing on a golf course with super long holes with lots of opportunities to really air one out. The verdict for me at least (MA3 average joe that maxes out at 350 or so) is that despite what I predicted at first, the CD3 will likely kick the DDxs out of my bag. They get all the distance with just a hair less effort and with less abrupt angle change whether turning over or fading, i.e. more forgiving than the DDx. I still love my DDxs and not looking to get rid of them in a hurry (plus I have some special collectible ones) but scoring wise on a course it felt like the CD3 is the way to go.

That would make my distance driver setup: S-CD2 C-CD3 C-DD and with those three I felt like I was hitting any and all the lines that I required. I like the idea that I have 3 of all disc types (putter, mid, fairway/control, distance) with straight/US to stable/OS variation in all.

I really like this disc, the only problem is that it overlaps with some of my flippy wraiths, its a good replacement if I were to lose one, but as of now it is struggling to keep a spot in my bag. Then again, with an ever changing bag it will most likely find its way in.

how does this fly compared to a Krait? i know the numbers are the same

I've only owned one Krait. It was champion. I would have given it 11/4/+1/3. Nothing like my current CD3. CD3 is a beat Wraith.

I have a Blizzard Krait and a Champion (McBeth 3x) Krait. The Blizzard was lightweight and got flippy on me. The Champion Krait flew like a Krait: very straight with a dump fade at the end. I always liked it. I would have to say that +1 turn means a 'unique' disc relative to other Kraits.

I haven't thrown a CD3 yet, so I can't make a direct comparison. I *am* looking forward to trying a CD3, and hopefully they'll come out in S-Line plastic soon.

Thrower edition c-line CD3s on the discmania store website now. About 125 of them right now, all at 175g.

I was fortunate to get 6 CD3s in the 167-168g range during the earlier releases. Really love this disc. Flies just like a longer, faster CD2 for me and is perfect for the low ceiling tunnel shots on my home course.

Anyone know if there are plans to release these in other plastics? I see that they are in the wild now, but I have had more success with S and G lines from Discmania that with C.

I am strongly thinking of trying one for maxD understable shots. I throw a PD2 or GrymX about 450' these days. Will it be too flippy? I have about 2 throws on a team members early ones but on kore controlled lines.
I have a Konopiste 175 that I won in a CTP (Thanks Colten!) I have not thrown.

The konopiste is more OS than a proto. I am a power player and when I throw my konopiste on a hyzer it will flip up, turn over, and come back but if thrown flat it will anhyzer the whole way to the ground. I do not think you would find it overly understable.

Decided to throw it today. It was to pretty to sit in my room. It was very glidey and definitely more stable than the proto I had thrown. Thats a good thing, because I like old beat C line plastic, and this will have a long lifespan. It was about the same stability as my CD2 (1st or 2nd run, whichever was more stable). Flips up to flat, tracks right gently and fades predictably. Thrown flat and hard and I was getting a long gentle turning shot that faded gently. Lots of glide for the amount of predictable fade. It will be a great disc for gliding hyzers that move a long way right to left (in a way an overstable disc cannot do).

Unsure if it will make the bag, the CD2 was able to keep up on most the lines just fine. The only time it didn't carry as far was on the low ones. I will keep messing with it in the practice field when I have time to practice.

I feel like I can put a lot more stank on a CD3 and trust it to not just turn and burn as compared to a CD2. They are quite similar in flight though for the most part. I carry a proto and a konopiste and love them both.

Threw it on some more lines yesterday. I like how it rolls more than a CD2. You can definately throw it harder than S line CD2s but my stanle run (1st?) C-CD2 is definately more stable.