• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] champ shark3 and mako 3

The funny thing is I now work at final9 and sold him three of his Mako3's. He knew there is a problem with his carrier cause he made me put his in a box and get conformation when I have always shipped in large envelopes and no conformation and have never had a problem.

Ok, what's a mako 3 do? There is one in the BG AMs players packs. It appears its a straight flyer. How much power does it handle? does it flip over or just turn?

Does anyone know how the Shark3 flies compared to a slower fairway driver like a leopard? I am looking for a dead straight leopard without the hard, low speed fade but can be thrown full power.

Does anyone know how the Shark3 flies compared to a slower fairway driver like a leopard? I am looking for a dead straight leopard without the hard, low speed fade but can be thrown full power.

? Shark 3 would be a midrange, Leopard is a fairway driver. A dead staright leopard would be a leopard. Thrown at medium power they stay straight the whole flight.

? Shark 3 would be a midrange, Leopard is a fairway driver. A dead staright leopard would be a leopard. Thrown at medium power they stay straight the whole flight.

I guess I should have been more specific. I need a disc with more stability during the low speed turn than a leopard, and in the fairway-to-midrange class of discs.

What leopard are you throwing that flies straight the whole flight at medium power? I have a beat 172g Star Leopard that still hyzers out during the low speed turn. If you are about to say DX plastic, disregard my post.

I guess I should have been more specific. I need a disc with more stability during the low speed turn than a leopard, and in the fairway-to-midrange class of discs.

What leopard are you throwing that flies straight the whole flight at medium power? I have a beat 172g Star Leopard that still hyzers out during the low speed turn. If you are about to say DX plastic, disregard my post.

Pretty much any disc aside from putters will have some low speed fade. Almost any mid will have less fade than fairway drivers, but you'll want to try out discs like the Mako/Mako3 with a 0 fade rating. When you get into fairway drivers and distance drivers, they all have at least some low speed fade at the end of the flight.

DX Leopard is the way for noodle arms like me to throw straight.

I have one on the way, will compare it to my CFR makos once it arrives. Should be a sweet disc.

I picked up a first run/star stamp Shark3 at Delaveaga and these things fly really sweet! Pretty much holds the angle of release. I didn't get a ton of work in throwing anhyzers with it, but it holds hyzers very well and flies straight with a flat release. Kind of like a buzzz, but in that sweet jolly launcher plastic that innova is churning out. :cool:

So purty!

Just picked up these two flat beauties:

This new plastic is mesmerizing! Guess I'll have to pick up a couple stock stamps so I can throw 'em :p

Sooo ill ask again how does the mako3 fly?

Dead straight. I only put one throw on mine, just because i had no idea what it would do. Didn't put a lot into it, just 200' of power and the thing went straight. No high speed turn, no low speed fade, just straight, i think first time I've ever seen a disc just go straight with zero sideways movement at all.

A guy in my group was throwing them though, and putting them on a nice anhyzer line, and it was just staying on that line firmly. i never saw him use it for anything but anhyzers though.