• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CHECK IN - Rules 2025 - Support if you agree.

Chains Bailey

Birdie Member
Please copy, paste and send my message to the RC if you agree as a TD - Thank You.

[email protected]

My message:

1.04.A. Pre-tournament check-in is required for players in Players are required to check in with the Tournament Director or designated tournament staff member at A- and B-Tier events. and This is suggested for all other Tiers

Just include C-Tiers. You are opening up a HUGE problem for TDs. You are making us blind to who is there or not.

With no check-in required there is a good chance that groups of TWO are standing at the tees when the event starts. The TD has no way of knowing who is present or not.

The TD has no way of arranging groups after check-in to make sure there are no two-somes.

Additionally, for a filled event, if there are 2 players waiting to register on site IF there are no-shows - You have now opened up the possibility of a TD creating 5-somes OR declining the waiting players because we have no way of knowing if the 7 players who did not check-in are even at the event.

This is SIMPLE:

- NOT including C-Tiers opens up many potential (Likely) problems for the TD that may multiply into additional problems = F' You TD deal with it.
- Including C-Tiers = NO PROBLEMS...... and safeguards for the TD to run a smooth event - avoid 2-somes - avoid 5-somes - take in players on site to fill no-shows.

I realize that a TD can just post that check-in is required, but that should never be necessary - It should be a given that ALL players are accustomed to and know is their responsibility.

I don't understand how this isn't a rule for all tiers. Even the who can get the most drunk x tier tournament should have the TD aware of who is present.

I don't mind 5somes though.

Shrug. Kind of a solution looking for a real problem. The above really only helps cover....trophy only, shotgun start, C tiers. If you are handing out player packs you have a built in check in. If you are running tee times, you again have a built in check in. I have never played any event that did not outline player check in at registration. Our tournaments have a statement in the tournament page that informs players of mandatory check in, with time and failure could result in losing your spot to a waitlist player. I don't know of any players that would just wander out to their hole.

Here is from PDGA on line rules:

1.04 EVENT CHECK-IN

This sets standards for TDs to notify players of check-in requirements. It also outlines player check-in requirements at A-Tier events with staggered starts and scheduled tee times.

A. Pre-tournament check-in is required for players in Majors, Elite Series, and A-Tier events and is suggested for all other Tiers.
It says only A-Tier so there seems to be some glitch.

Latest posts