• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

ChUcKyZ

Double Eagle Member
This one was a treat. I got an XL in scrip and decided to make it mine. So, I dyed it orange, then put this crazy swirly pattern on it. The "windows" were done freehand, which is why they look like crap. Oh, well.
P1014059.jpg

P1014060.jpg

P1014044.jpg

sorta anti-dip dyeing. I hope my fiancee doesn't use the ladle until I've had a chance to clean it...

WOW! That looks like it would take HOURS to cut out. A couple of you guys are too good. :lol:

It took less than an hour to cut out, but over an hour to remove all the little bits and pieces of vinyl without damaging the rest. Painstaking and nerve-wracking, I tell you! I had to self-medicate to make it through this one. I just hope it flies well for me- I'm venturing into fairway driver territory for the first time.

That's a bad ass job. Nice work on the bottom dye, that's my next attempted dye job.

True that on the little bits part. That's why I hate doing super detailed dye work.

After a lengthy meeting regarding the safety of disc golf, I managed to convince one of our local pros to trust me with his CE plastic:
P1014077.jpg

When the disc isn't being held up to a light, the stamp is still vibrant and silvery, if a bit worn from use. But you're not here to look at the stamp, so I silhouetted it.

Here's the ChUcK method for easy multi-color dyes.

Basically, when you're adding in the color later, make sure you balance your 4oz flint bottle of heavily concentrated blue acetone in a precarious manner by the edge of the sink. There's no need to be uber-cautious and actually place the bottle INSIDE the sink (stainless steel sink, in case you were wondering. Just thought I'd point that one out).

Next, wait until you are almost done with Tim's TickRex-X. At the Penultimate moment, completely spazz out. I recommend for this a grand-mal seizure, but you don't want it to last too long. Really, just long enough to knock the bottle of dye all over the countertops and floor.
P1014084.jpg

P1014085.jpg

I know what you're saying. You're saying to yourself, "Oi! Right in the nadgers! I'll bet his fiancee's pissed! I'll bet that 86es ChUcKdyes for a good while!"

Well, you're correct on all 3 statements.

So, without further ado, here's the last one for the time being:

P1014087.jpg

Sorry again, Tim!

wow... :shock:

that really, really sucks. I hope she takes it easy on you, I know my wife would probably make me sleep outside until I put in new granite counter tops and a new tile floor.

The Tick dye looks like it was going to be amazing though.

well i guess this is my chance to show off chuck's last dye *before* the spill... thanks again chuck! thunderbird on a champ teebird:

P1014076.jpg

mmmm, Tbird on a Tbird. That one came out nice and clean, after fixing the shoulder.

I was unsure about how the vinyl stretched near the right side of the disc, but it was laying flat, so I dipped it anyways. After a minute I chickened out and pulled the disc to check on it, and sure enough the vinyl was pulling away, so I emergency rinsed and let the disc and vinyl set for a couple of days.

(You'll like this next part, Acidbath) Then, I *gasp* cut directly onto the disc, a big ChUcK no-no, to enlarge the right shoulder and get rid of the part that was giving up. No bleeds!

Come to think of it, I never looked to see if there was a cut mark on the disc. Is there one, Mark?

nope, no cuts that i can detect. you have a gentle touch dude! :lol:

some sweet dyes! You guys are making it look really tempting :p

Good thing I have no artistic talent so it's easy to resist doing my own.

I love that T-bird design.

Latest posts