• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

It is indeed one of them. Mathematica is hard to use for people who don't understand programming language, so I just hunt around the web for other cool demonstrations people have made, and then transform them, hard lesson by hard lesson, into dyeable graphics. I've got something cool brewing with sines of cosines of natural logs and such.

I just got these two cut out this morning. Anybody interested in getting their disc dyed, or know someone who would like this on a disc?

Dia de los Muertos skull..........................................................................................Rose
P1014330.jpg
P1014331.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

ChUcK said:
It is indeed one of them. Mathematica is hard to use for people who don't understand programming language, so I just hunt around the web for other cool demonstrations people have made, and then transform them, hard lesson by hard lesson, into dyeable graphics. I've got something cool brewing with sines of cosines of natural logs and such.

Have you tried R? It's open source, and as powerful as any mathematical software out there.

ChUcK said:
I just got these two cut out this morning. Anybody interested in getting their disc dyed, or know someone who would like this on a disc?

Dia de los Muertos skull..........................................................................................Rose
P1014330.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

I am imagining that on my Z reaper and loving it.

every part except that I don't really have much money to spare at the moment, just payed this semester's tuition yesterday :p

also check out processing, which is java based and oriented towards artists instead of programmers. The language is like Basic, pretty easy to use. R and Mathmatica are oriented more towards scientific and mathmatic stuff. If you're on a mac, nodebox is another good one, based on python

ChUcK said:
This 175 Star Destroyer came out nice:

P1014326.jpg

I swear it's a disc and not just a picture of a disco ball!
:shock:

That is teh uber-schweet. It makes my brain wobble just to look at it!

sleepy

sleepy said:
ChUcK said:
This 175 Star Destroyer came out nice:

P1014326.jpg

I swear it's a disc and not just a picture of a disco ball!
:shock:

That is teh uber-schweet. It makes my brain wobble just to look at it!

sleepy

HOLEY COW!!! Makes me wonder If I should get a Force that could be painted like a death star :-D If someone could pull it off ;-)

man, nobody wanted a sweet skull design or a rose, so I sold the dyes at the Terrace Creek Open. Oh well.

Here are some of the trophy discs from the tourney, all on Cryztal Avenger SS and Buzzz discs, with the killer hotstamp courtesy of senor ZAM's obvious skills and dyed text... It's a woodpecker carving out a basket from a tree. Very Pac Northwest, and very Terrace, with our resident woodpeckers that heckle you from above as you putt out on 18...Text cut out by a plotter, I could never do that by hand.

P1014320.jpg
P1014322.jpg

P1014319.jpg
P1014321.jpg

Is this not one of the best hotstamps you've seen in years?

ChUcK said:
man, nobody wanted a sweet skull design or a rose, so I sold the dyes at the Terrace Creek Open. Oh well.
Dude, any time you want to dye something, let me know. I have some Star/champ/Z /ESP plastic just sitting around waiting to be dipped.

ChUcK said:
Is this not one of the best hotstamps you've seen in years?
She sure is purdy.

man, those discs look so choice. the cryztalness is awesome.

did the discs get a good response at the event?
veeeery much looking forward to over-fondling a few and covering up more wall space :)

Yeah, they sure did get a good response, and it turns out I didn't order the huge surplus that I'd previously imagined. I actually had to fill in some series discs into the payouts in order to keep a few of the ZAM stamps around.

There's actually more significance to the stamp than just being cool. A lady who has been trying her hardest to get the course taken out has frequently cited the pileated woodpecker as being a candidate species and claims that we're disturbing their habitat. The fact of the matter is that the pileated woodpecker population is growing pretty much across the board, and the woodpeckers hang out on our fairways, totally unconcerned about discs flying by. So, this stamp is a bit of a "thppppppt" to the enemies of the course. :)

But yeah, I had pros coming through, all butt hurt that they didn't get a players pack with one of the discs, and wanting to buy them before I'd even sorted them into payouts.

You sir, have some sick talent. Get a website thrown together and start selling those things already! :p

sleepy

Latest posts