• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

Yeah, through a lot of trial and error. Basically, I'm telling a computer algebra system to graph a line, revolve it around the y-axis, and then playing with the appearance functions a bit.

If I was really keen I'd figure out some way to easily vectorize these images and get em plottered for maximum perfection, but the ol' xacto remains my most trusty tool.

ChUcK said:
Yeah, through a lot of trial and error. Basically, I'm telling a computer algebra system to graph a line, revolve it around the y-axis, and then playing with the appearance functions a bit.

If I was really keen I'd figure out some way to easily vectorize these images and get em plottered for maximum perfection, but the ol' xacto remains my most trusty tool.

What program is it that you're using?

I'm using Mathematica. We had to take some computer math course concurrent with calculus class and they gave us a free copy with a 2-yr license.

ChUcK said:
This one came out looking as good as I was hoping-
P1014337.jpg
dude, you got a real talent. this one and the skull are sweet.

Yes sir, I am- PM sent.

Check this out:

P1014344.jpg

It's a photo of my dog, Lincoln. :D

ChUcK said:
Yes sir, I am- PM sent.

Check this out:

P1014344.jpg

It's a photo of my dog, Lincoln. :D

nice vector-art appearance, too.

I like it. you do some of the cleanest, most precise dyes I have seen.

keep up the good work!

I'm sure they'll turn out ok, as long as you follow the dip-dyeing steps in Acid's tutorial. Here are those stencils you desired:

P1014377.jpg
P1014376.jpg

P1014375.jpg

P1014076.jpg

I'd love to have a series of discs with stamps like this... I know they have fish designs as well... where did you come up with the design?

that was some artwork i found on the internet and pointed chuck to. offhand i don't recall if it's an old design (copyright expired), or if it's recent work by a contemporary artist (which would possibly make it a bit of a no-no to reproduce). probably the best source for stuff like that would be to get a book of clip art (though i'm not sure if dover or anyone else has one specifically of NW coast indian art).

Yeah, Mark hooked me up with the design.

Here's the vinyl for a disc for mixmasterob:
P1014384.jpg

The stars in the middle and the letters will be colored in later...

mark12b said:
that was some artwork i found on the internet and pointed chuck to. offhand i don't recall if it's an old design (copyright expired), or if it's recent work by a contemporary artist (which would possibly make it a bit of a no-no to reproduce). probably the best source for stuff like that would be to get a book of clip art (though i'm not sure if dover or anyone else has one specifically of NW coast indian art).

My mother visited Canada and came back with loads of stuff with designs like that. I believe it's native art...but can't swear to it because I've done no research. Love it though...

Latest posts