• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

P1014229.jpg
P1014228.jpg

P1014225-1.jpg

I wonder what discs these are dyed upon...8)
I think Eric's ultimate dream is to see these discs rolling across the field, one after the other. Perhaps the Coyote could roll off a cliff, landing in a puff of dust.

Unfortunately, the RR had a couple of bleeds, one on the tip of his tail and the other on his right ankle.

Forgot to add this one- it seems silly to try to make a 3-dimensional object appear to be "more 3-dimensional", but it worked out. When happening upon this disc in the grass, it takes a second or third glance to "see" the entire disc.

P1014231.jpg

Well, I did these in someone else's backyard. I don't think permission shall ever be re-granted to dissolve RIT inside my house. It was nice to see discs floating upside down in the tar pits once again!

ChUcK said:
Well, I did these in someone else's backyard. I don't think permission shall ever be re-granted to dissolve RIT inside my house. It was nice to see discs floating upside down in the tar pits once again!

Chuck, do you have a more recent picture of the kithen - did the dye fade any, or are you reminded daily....?

ChUcK said:
After a lengthy meeting regarding the safety of disc golf, I managed to convince one of our local pros to trust me with his CE plastic:
P1014077.jpg

When the disc isn't being held up to a light, the stamp is still vibrant and silvery, if a bit worn from use. But you're not here to look at the stamp, so I silhouetted it.

I'd kill a man for an eagle like that! All of your dyes are great, but the eagle and 3-d are my favorites. You're very talented.

I'd like to see how the kitchen turned out too :twisted:

This one had some interesting aspects to it- the white hotstamp was dyed to gray where the black hit it- I'm not sure if I have ever dyed over a white stamp before, but now I know.
P1014232.jpg

These are some sweet dyes, Chuck! I especially like the 3D Destroyer. The dye job on the kitchen floor is not bad either.;)

It's funny- everybody who saw my floordye loved it, said it was gorgeous. I think it's due to the fact that humans love seeing things splatter, like when you throw a watermelon off a bridge.

Someone asked earlier about the floor, and it looks great now. 7o bucks of good-looking vinyl stickyback tiles took care of it. I still lost all of the damage deposit on the apartment, though, due to earlier messiness with black RIT and the carpet. :cry:

ChUcK said:
It's funny- everybody who saw my floordye loved it, said it was gorgeous. I think it's due to the fact that humans love seeing things splatter, like when you throw a watermelon off a bridge.

Someone asked earlier about the floor, and it looks great now. 7o bucks of good-looking vinyl stickyback tiles took care of it. I still lost all of the damage deposit on the apartment, though, due to earlier messiness with black RIT and the carpet. :cry:

That was great. I loved your "Tick" disaster, but really felt bad when I thought about what your lady did to you because of it.

hahaha, Chuck is still pretty tight lipped about exactly what his S.O.'s reaction was, other than "she was pissed, dude, really pissed." It's a bit like asking a WWII vet to tell you about landing at Normandy.

That sucks that they got you for the carpet, Chuck! I thought they said that wouldn't be an issue...bah, friggin' landlords. I lost a deposit once b/c one of my goofy friends spilled a white russian on a big lebowski night, and my roommate neglected to clean it up (I wasn't around when it happened). It ended up being a stain at least as impenetrable as black RIT.

RE: the kitchen floor dye - listen to a song by David Wilcox (American one) called "Leave It Like It Is" off his "How Did You Find Me Here" cd... it's right up your alley :)

black udder said:
RE: the kitchen floor dye - listen to a song by David Wilcox (American one) called "Leave It Like It Is" off his "How Did You Find Me Here" cd... it's right up your alley :)

One of my favorites. Had that album playing yesterday while I was doing repairs around the house.

This 175 Star Destroyer came out nice:

P1014326.jpg

I swear it's a disc and not just a picture of a disco ball!

Latest posts