• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

Just....don't.....stop........:::drools on the laptop:::........dyeing...............

Thanks for the props, I'm really digging this technique as well. Here's one I just finished. I tried to make it look like there was some sort of light source inside the sphere, almost got it but not quite.

P1015179.jpg

I had a bit of a near-disaster with the Eye of Sauron- when I put it in the pan to blacken the wing, the suction cup I was using came right off after the disc was safely floating. I had a little brainstorm and decided that the vacuum cleaner was my best bet to get the disc out of the pan safely. When I went to suck it out, the vacuum nozzle grabbed hold of the disc so violently that it dipped half of the flight plate in the black rit. I swaddled the disc in paper towels and rushed it to the sink, and the dye washed right off. Thanks goodness, it would have been a shame to ruin this baby.

P1015182.jpg

Sauron can see you, Frodo! Take off the ring!
P1015186.jpg

Hmmm, the lack of sunlight is doing my photography skills no justice...

... I think I'm going to have to send you my whole bag at some point...

ChUcK said:
I had a bit of a near-disaster with the Eye of Sauron- when I put it in the pan to blacken the wing, the suction cup I was using came right off after the disc was safely floating. I had a little brainstorm and decided that the vacuum cleaner was my best bet to get the disc out of the pan safely. When I went to suck it out, the vacuum nozzle grabbed hold of the disc so violently that it dipped half of the flight plate in the black rit. I swaddled the disc in paper towels and rushed it to the sink, and the dye washed right off. Thanks goodness, it would have been a shame to ruin this baby.

P1015182.jpg

Sauron can see you, Frodo! Take off the ring!
P1015186.jpg

Hmmm, the lack of sunlight is doing my photography skills no justice...

I got to say that's a outstanding dye job, the coloring is incredible. Kind of reminds me of the tribal butthole thing you were doing earlier, without the tribal part. :lol:

You don't press your fingers against the inside of the rim to remove and place the disc ChUck?

I believe he was doing the rim on the underside of the disc so it was floating face up. No way to grab that one without sticking your hands in rit

yup. The disc was flight plate up, and I was freaking out.

Gotcha, can't see the images thanks to firewall at work. That IS a predicament.

absolutely sick...I love the light source in the ball...I'm such a sucker for geometric stuff. The Sauron dye shows some incredible technique. Please keep it up and continue posting your work.

Just finished another disc for ...tim?. I told him he has to stop bitching about not having any dyed discs in his bag :lol: . This one (actually all of my discs lately, for quite some time now) I designed myself. I learned all sorts of cool things about circular design lately by trial and error, and this is the best I have drawn yet. This should look pretty cool when spinning through the air. I should have made the outer thorns longer, so both circles of thorns would create dark circles on the spinning disc. Next time.

The Thornbush Thrasher

P1015196.jpg

P1015198.jpg

I really like how the center of this one turned out.

I like it. I tend to lean towards dying images that spiral well on discs myself. Vehicle rims can give you some interesting ideas...

Ooh, that is a damn good idea. Jeronimo, your signature is a lie.

ChUcK said:
Ooh, that is a damn good idea.
That and the more obvious Crop Circles.
ChUcK said:
Jeronimo, your signature is a lie.
I've come to appreciate my sig... some of Franks homo erotic statements almost replaced it, but I held fast. And resisted.

ChUcK said:
P1015196.jpg

P1015198.jpg

I really like how the center of this one turned out.

I love this. The design is great but I especially love the "fire and ice" coloring. They offset each other very well. One of my favorite dyes that I have seen.

Thanks man. I always appreciate feedback, positive or negative.

Here are the first couple of discs from the Iron Dye challenge I tried this time.

Disc: yellow Star Teebird
Phrase: Spinach
Owner: SpinachD

"A Spinach Can of Whup-Ass"
P1015217.jpg

Disc: white SOLF
Phrase: children playing before a statue of Hercules
Owner: Frank Delicious

"Children Playing Under a Statue of Matt"
P1015206.jpg

The next two are ready to go, just waiting for the Pony Express to get here. 8)

ChUcK love your striker dyes and would love to have the artwork files so i can try and copy your masterpieces.

I also thought maybe you could do a USA soccer one too...since the forwards are called strikers...maybe just take the USA flag patch from the uniforms and do a black outline around striker again...anyhow that was my idea just a huge fan of the striker and of your dyes...

I have a clear striker opto, if you need canvas...it has been thrown but still 9/10 cuz opto is bullet proof...

I would like to do a phallic "the dude" one on a tan disc and try to get the tan to look like hardwood...any ideas...want a disc to try it out??? cough cough.....:D

also the blue gold line I have one of those that i would love to try adn do what you did with yours....

basically i'm a noobie and need to figure out how to do this stuff before i design my own stuff!

thanks.

Latest posts