• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Grabbed an MJ swirly yesterday and threw it a bit. Initially I still like the glide on my Z a little better. Anybody got some seasoning on an MJ yet?

Love the feel of the plastic.

Saw discraft.com has new stock TI Comets up. Anyone thrown one of these yet?

Good eye. I was getting worried they weren't going to do a production run of these. Definitely going to grab 2 ti's For sure once they are available elsewhere.

Hoping a max weight Ti is beefier than my big Z or MJ.

After watching the Jomez 2018 Great Lakes Open round 1 back 9, I want a MJ jumpman straddle putt stamp Comet in a big way. Please, I beg, someone make this happen.

I suppose it would be copyright infringement, and he doesn't putt with Comets. But, oh I want one.

After watching the Jomez 2018 Great Lakes Open round 1 back 9, I want a MJ jumpman straddle putt stamp Comet in a big way. Please, I beg, someone make this happen.

I suppose it would be copyright infringement, and he doesn't putt with Comets. But, oh I want one.

It would probably be more accurate to do a run of Soft Ringers (or GTs? Does he putt those now?).

ESP is your "middle of the road" kind of Comet. Ti will be slightly more stable (generally). For me, Glo Z is more stable than ESP (both being fresh). So either one would be more stable than your ESP.

Put a X and TI comet back in the bag and am wondering why I ever took them out.

Yes. They're wonderful. Feel pretty close to the same shape as the Big Z Flaming Meatballs. Seems to have a very minimal amount more of stability it seems. I really like them. Unfortunately, we have snow here now, so the butter comets have been shelved until March.

These guys have Ti Comets.. How about a report boys? How are they breaking in?

These guys have Ti Comets.. How about a report boys? How are they breaking in?

From what I remember about a Ti Buzzz I had, they don't break in. I kept getting older but the Ti plastic just stayed the same.

From what I remember about a Ti Buzzz I had, they don't break in. I kept getting older but the Ti plastic just stayed the same.

27365daf9bcf4cb95b6ac752c544cc78ed6dc0b86f3cbce5251f0f423da2d21a.jpg

so I found a pair of bottom ghost stamp, z glo comets (the milky white ones dynamic sold 4-5 years back) they are regrettably slightly warped from poor storage practice (my bad). Any chance they can be brought back to form? Any tips or tricks you guys have picked up for this?

[edit]: from what I recall these were a little beefy for a comet, but it's been years since I threw them. Were these ever thought of as a good run of comet?

Last edited:
I ordered the latest run of Ti comets came in last week. Most stable comet I've thrown, I didnt get a hold of the MJ Ti comets. More stable than the esp glow MJ comets. These will fight out of an anny line and finish a little left as opposed finishing flat an that line or holding the anny angle to the ground. Haven't taken them out to the field yet, just took it with me for a round over the weekend and threw it where I would typically throw my most stable comet.

so I found a pair of bottom ghost stamp, z glo comets (the milky white ones dynamic sold 4-5 years back) they are regrettably slightly warped from poor storage practice (my bad). Any chance they can be brought back to form? Any tips or tricks you guys have picked up for this?

[edit]: from what I recall these were a little beefy for a comet, but it's been years since I threw them. Were these ever thought of as a good run of comet?

Some time inside a hot car laying on a flat surface couldn't hurt.

Some time inside a hot car laying on a flat surface couldn't hurt.

This is an underrated method of flattening discs. Put a disc upside down the below the rear window of a car in the sun and it'll be back to normal in no time.

I ordered the latest run of Ti comets came in last week. Most stable comet I've thrown, I didnt get a hold of the MJ Ti comets. More stable than the esp glow MJ comets. These will fight out of an anny line and finish a little left as opposed finishing flat an that line or holding the anny angle to the ground. Haven't taken them out to the field yet, just took it with me for a round over the weekend and threw it where I would typically throw my most stable comet.

I like the sounds of this. I've been liking how stable and malleable the MJ glo esp comets have been. But still wanted a more stable comet. Ordered 2 of the new Ti run, can't wait to try them out.

I've been throwing a retro themed bag the past month or so.

My mid lineup has consisted of a DX Roc, Gator & Big Z Comet

After several rounds I am still not clicking in full with the Comet.

My issue is that this thing glides WAAAAY too far. On open holes if I give the Comet a little too much power it will keep gliding beyond my planned landing zone.

MY question is: do you throw your Comet on open lines like you would a Roc? Or do you mostly use your comets as finesse, wood carving discs?

I have found a lot of use using the Comet for glidey upshots where I have bad footing and can't get a clean pull on a Roc/ Aviar.

My issue is that this thing glides WAAAAY too far. On open holes if I give the Comet a little too much power it will keep gliding beyond my planned landing zone.

MY question is: do you throw your Comet on open lines like you would a Roc? Or do you mostly use your comets as finesse, wood carving discs?

I used my Comets(Z, Ti) for carving lines in the woods.
My current Comet, 2018 Tour MJ, is a touch faster and has a touch less glide, so I can use it like a beat Roc, although it is still straighter.
It still is a great woods carving disc.

What is crazy is that it is beating in more stable instead of less....I don't know what I have done, but I am liking it.

Yes, and yes.

I carry 3 comets (4 total mids) so they get the vast majority of work. Learning to range them properly is part of the learning curve. I'm not really 100% sure what you mean with 'open lines' though. Many times if it's midrange distance and on a very open course, I'll be throwing a driver anyway (bh hyzer or what not) I feel really comfortable with the comet out to about 300' on almost any shot.

I have found a lot of use using the Comet for glidey upshots where I have bad footing and can't get a clean pull on a Roc/ Aviar.

I do think Rocs are a little easier to range in the open, but with the Comet if I need it range it I tend to throw it lower so that it hits the ground sooner, rather than relying on trying to get the power perfect. If the hole has any downhill elevation change, I can find it pretty hard to range though. Often I'm liable to go 30-50' deep because they just keep on going up to speed with gravity if I miss my tended trajectory.

Yeah the hole in the question had a gradual slope downhill and the Comet just kept on going without coming down for 50+ ft. Beyond my anticipated target.

I like to power up mids and my rocs are great for slowing down and settling down as they slow down. I'm just shocked by how much the Comet likes to hang up there.

Some discs have glide. The Comet has GLIDE beyond what I could even imagine.

I am going to continue throwing it as it is a blast to watch mid flight. But I don't know if it will fit into my competitive bag simply because I don't know if I will ever be able to fully harness its majestic flight.