• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Since the Roc and Buzzz thread are getting some action...bump.

I bag three Comets

1. Fresh Z
2. Seasoned Z
3. Beat X

I tend to throw my number 2 Comet a lot.

I was throwing a glow Comet in preparation for a night event. Really like the flight, might have to add one to my normal bag... Replacement for a beat-in Compass maybe.

I've only thrown one Glow Comet (awhile ago) and for some reason, it just felt like it didn't have that "Comet glide." Might need to try a newer one.

I've only thrown one Glow Comet (awhile ago) and for some reason, it just felt like it didn't have that "Comet glide." Might need to try a newer one.

I have a glow comet with similar PLH to my Zs, but a bit flatter. It does seem to lack a little of the glide as one might expect.

Lost my X Comet a while back and replaced it a month or so ago with a 174 Z. Instant winner, less squirrely than an X but still plenty of glide and smooth Comet flight. It's now my go-to in the woods and such a blast to rip in tailwinds.

Since the Roc and Buzzz thread are getting some action...bump.

I bag three Comets

1. Fresh Z
2. Seasoned Z
3. Beat X

I tend to throw my number 2 Comet a lot.

Similar for me.

1. Fresh MJ Z
2. Seasoned MJ ESP
3. Beat X

Definitely throw my #2 a lot also. Really only throw #3 when the line is more suited to a late turning backhand over a sidearm approach.

Similar for me.

1. Fresh MJ Z
2. Seasoned MJ ESP
3. Beat X

Definitely throw my #2 a lot also. Really only throw #3 when the line is more suited to a late turning backhand over a sidearm approach.

Exactly!!! I don't always have the beat X in the bag, but when I'm playing a course that has that shot or a tourney, it's definitely there. It's great for patent pending shots as well.

Lost my X Comet a while back and replaced it a month or so ago with a 174 Z. Instant winner, less squirrely than an X but still plenty of glide and smooth Comet flight. It's now my go-to in the woods and such a blast to rip in tailwinds.

My fav Comet is a 174g Z. Hate to say it but the swirly ESP MJ seemed to lack the Comet glide for me.

Just threw a TI Comet in the car to play a 3 disc round today!
Sting
Comet
Nova

Going for a "smooth" round:D

Man, does that sound like fun!

That round needs to be played with "Smooth Operator" by Sade as background music.

I took my max weight MJ's and max weight Ti's out in a field. And the Ti's flew nice and stable, but the MJs definitely were more beefy. At least for me.

Speaking of beefy comets...anybody else try some of the recent run Glow Comets? Most of these were stamped with the Discraft bar stamp(Not the regular Glow Moon stamp). Holy cow these things have some fade to them. I've also stumbled across some pink pearly Z-comets with a high shoulder that are pretty darn beefy as well.

I do agree with the poster that said this years MJ's seem to be missing a bit of glide for a comet. That being said, I still like throwing them because of how straight to slightly understable they are. It pairs well with my MJ's from last season as well as the bar stamp glows.

I agree about the MJ comets.

I do t mind. The feel of the plastic isn't my favorite tho.

That being said, I still like throwing them because of how straight to slightly understable they are. It pairs well with my MJ's from last season as well as the bar stamp glows.

They aren't as glidey as the ones with the huge domes, but that's ok because it's the shape and flight I like better anyway. They aren't that much different overall though. I still carry a MJ Z comet though for a tick of extra glide and stability, but I throw the MJ ESP comet much more frequently.

They aren't as glidey as the ones with the huge domes, but that's ok because it's the shape and flight I like better anyway. They aren't that much different overall though. I still carry a MJ Z comet though for a tick of extra glide and stability, but I throw the MJ ESP comet much more frequently.

I would have to agree with that. I think it all levels out in the end because the lack of glide the MJ ESP comets have make up for it because you can put more power into them without flipping. More reliable.

If I go a little too hard on a regular ESP comet it's goodbye and not coming back. Depends on the type of player you are though, wether you like to throw with touch or force, it's nice to have options.

Update that nobody cares about:

Starting to really dislike the esp glow plastic

Update that nobody cares about:

Starting to really dislike the esp glow plastic

I'm curious how it beats in. I have a Wasp and Comet in the swirly ESP glo that I don't love at this point. Probably my favorite plastic in my disc collection is a beat 5 year old ESP Buzzz that's like buttah.

I'm curious how it beats in. I have a Wasp and Comet in the swirly ESP glo that I don't love at this point. Probably my favorite plastic in my disc collection is a beat 5 year old ESP Buzzz that's like buttah.

I am gonna try the hot water treatment on my swirly glow ESP. Looks like it's got a small warp in it...instead of making it US, it's made it OS.
I think it warped just from the heat, not impact.

Latest posts