• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Just scooped one of these yesterday for $20. Looking forward to throwing it, but not expecting it to glow at all.

A local tourney got a bunch of these with their mini logo stamped on them and put in players pack's for the tournament. After the tournament, I was grabbing as many of them as I could. I paid $10-$15 per at that time. I've accumulated a nice little stash of these. They pair nicely with the 2019 MJ ESP's.

Just curious, how do people feel about the '17 MJ's. A lot of people here still seem to be throwing the '18 MJ's, but I don't hear a lot from people throwing the '17's.

They were Z, but the Sparkle Z's were '19 Ledgestone discs.

Yeah, they aren't totally metal flake...the one I have is kind of silvery, shimmery. I like the flight...solid straight Comet, a little straighter than production Zs...the color is terrible though, especially for woods golf.

I have two that are this awful grey/green color combo, but the one I threw was a bit understable for a Z. It was kinda like getting X Comet flight with Z Comet durability. I really liked it, but my daughter pilfered it and has been beating me on the regular with it for the last year and 1/2 while I've been throwing the ESP Glo swirl thing. She calls it the "grass green machine"; every time she throws it I say "good luck finding that." :| So far she always has; I actually have more problem finding the babyfood squash orange Comet.

I was wondering if what I remember about them was the consensus and I could just pull another one out of the stash and get the same result, or if the one my daughter stole from me was a freak and I have to steal it back. :|

Last edited:
I have two that are this awful grey/green color combo, but the one I threw was a bit understable for a Z. It was kinda like getting X Comet flight with Z Comet durability. I really liked it, but my daughter pilfered it and has been beating me on the regular with it for the last year and 1/2 while I've been throwing the ESP Glo swirl thing.

I was wondering if what I remember about them was the consensus and I could just pull another one out of the stash and get the same result, or if the one my daughter stole from me was a freak and I have to steal it back. :|

This is a great way to describe it...I remember throwing it back to back with my seasoned Z Comet that's 5-6 years old and pretty worked in and I was getting similar lines. A Fresh X in a Z's body is what I experienced.

Edit: Man, I can't wait until my kid's old enough to steal my discs and beat me with them...that's the dream.

*hasn't gotten lost yet cause she hasn't missed a fairway.

I love it.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Just curious, how do people feel about the '17 MJ's. A lot of people here still seem to be throwing the '18 MJ's, but I don't hear a lot from people throwing the '17's.

attachment.php

Here are my two MJs from that 2017 run. The pink is the only one I've thrown, and it may have been strange for the run. It's beefy as far as Z Comets go. The blue one feels similar with a similar shoulder but I'd have to throw it to make sure it flies similarly. At least mine were pretty!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191206-164130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-164130_Gallery.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 159
attachment.php

Here are my two MJs from that 2017 run. The pink is the only one I've thrown, and it may have been strange for the run. It's beefy as far as Z Comets go. The blue one feels similar with a similar shoulder but I'd have to throw it to make sure it flies similarly. At least mine were pretty!

I used to have a couple, they were all incredibly hard to find so I got rid of them. I think that run was fairly rare compared to the others which is why less people throw them.

I used to have a couple, they were all incredibly hard to find so I got rid of them. I think that run was fairly rare compared to the others which is why less people throw them.
Bingo. I am glad to see higher production number on tour series, especially MJ

Bingo. I am glad to see higher production number on tour series, especially MJ

I just hope next years is more inspired than this years. I love MJ and want to support him but those new burst/swirl discs with the generic bottom stamps just don't do it for me. Discraft needs to step up there stamp design game.

I heard something about next years being top stamped and more focus on the player than the brand

Love my 18' it was the first Comet I truly gave a chance, holy hell did I waste 16 years of my disc golf "career" so to speak.

Moral of the story, bottom stamps are ****ing stupid IMO...

i would have though bottom stamping a Comet would keep the discs dome from flattening and made it fly sweeter? On paper it seemed like a good idea

Agreed. Most of my 19's have a very nice even dome to them. Only a couple have the high shoulder with the flatter dome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize '17s were so hard to get a hold of. I didn't particularly like them, over a standard Z. Have about 4 in the stack, and 1 signed by MJ on the wall.

Been trying to stock up on '18s. Have 9 now so that should last a while. I have 1 '19 and haven't even thrown it yet.

Still trying to get those elusive Saturn stamped Z and ESPs for my collection.