• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I didn't realize '17s were so hard to get a hold of. I didn't particularly like them, over a standard Z. Have about 4 in the stack, and 1 signed by MJ on the wall.

Been trying to stock up on '18s. Have 9 now so that should last a while. I have 1 '19 and haven't even thrown it yet.

Still trying to get those elusive Saturn stamped Z and ESPs for my collection.
Yeah, I didn't have any issue finding '17's. I think I picked up three, although the color on two of them were teh ick. I was the opposite in preference, I liked the 17's and never clicked with the '18's. I think I only have two of those. I also have one '19 sitting around someplace that I never bothered to throw.

If I ever see a Saturn-stamped Comet in any plastic I'll throw my wallet at whoever has it. :|

One more '19 for the collection. A lot of the recent 19's seem to have the swirl game on lockdown.

882aa82111b13212893ad9b5b7c8528a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have been dramatic above but it does bug me about bottom stamps. How often do we actually see the bottom of most molds?

Gorgeous disc!

Two weeks without a Comet post? Unacceptable!

My wife (rather proudly like it was an accomplishment or something) announced to me yesterday that the family had finally competed a Christmas shopping cycle where I was not receiving any disc golf or music-related gifts. I hate this Christmas already. :|

Anybody else not getting any Comets for Christmas?

Nothing for me either. Maybe I will call renewing with the PDGA a christmas present to myself. Being a grown up I basically buy what I need/want so its silly to tell my wife I want a specific disc or something.

But hey, maybe there will be a surprise in there.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Two weeks without a Comet post? Unacceptable!

My wife (rather proudly like it was an accomplishment or something) announced to me yesterday that the family had finally competed a Christmas shopping cycle where I was not receiving any disc golf or music-related gifts. I hate this Christmas already. :|

Does getting a Discgolfcenter giftcard count if I use it on Comets?

I bought two more ESP Comets with my store credit over the weekend. A bright pink one with a white stamp and a black one with a purple stamp. Didn't really need them, but they felt a lot like the swirly '19 MJ's, so they should be a nice stable to slightly overstable comet.

The Cryztal Comet I got from DiscJunkie is the perfect Comet. Little flip/turnover to it and the plastic feels way better than newer ESP or Z does, and infinitely better than Z from 4ish years ago.

No discs for me this xmas. I had all my comets laid out the other day (my wife made sure to ask if I had enough, sarcastically), and while it's not as many as some others on here, I have 14 in my stack that aren't in my bag yet. With 1/2 of those being '18 MJs, and I'm still working on getting my first one beat in...

I might have to post an updated family picture of Comets when my last order for the year comes in :D

I definitely have a problem with buying comets when I see them. I have way more than any player would ever need.

My comet stack may be one of my shortest stacks. However it has been more than 7 years since I lost a comet, so I never really feel like I need more than a couple.

thatdirtykid said:
...it has been more than 7 years since I lost a comet, so I never really feel like I need more than a couple.
Aw man, the thought of losing one of my Comets gives me the chills.
I guess I'm in the same boat as you: I stockpiled the LEs when they were released (because I stupidly thought they would be limited haha) but I'm still using the same 3 I've always used. I have about 20 of those LEs and I consider that a lifetime supply.

That would last me a lifetime. I stocked up on them a bit (owned about 10 or 12) but eneded up going back to my Zs.
Enough of us thinking they would be limited and stocked up is probably why enough sold to justify production.

Aw man, the thought of losing one of my Comets gives me the chills.
I guess I'm in the same boat as you: I stockpiled the LEs when they were released (because I stupidly thought they would be limited haha) but I'm still using the same 3 I've always used. I have about 20 of those LEs and I consider that a lifetime supply.

Good run to stock up on.. I've got three. And I'm jealous. Got a couple seconds and a first run 172 LE that's beautiful but kinda flippy. Hounded Matt from Snap Discs to sell it to me, he finally did after my lone (other guy didn't pay ace pot) Ace at provincials. With a Force at 280' haha. How my game has changed.

The Cryztal Comet I got from DiscJunkie is the perfect Comet. Little flip/turnover to it and the plastic feels way better than newer ESP or Z does, and infinitely better than Z from 4ish years ago.

What's bad about the plastic from that time frame? I think that's when I picked up my Z Comet. It's a bit stiff and slightly pearly, but seems alright to me.

What's bad about the plastic from that time frame? I think that's when I picked up my Z Comet. It's a bit stiff and slightly pearly, but seems alright to me.

Maybe it's a timeframe right after that, mine isn't pearly, just a dayglo yellow. Personally I find it's not particularly grippy and just doesn't feel good in the hand. I have a similar problem with a lot of the stiff jolly launcher Champ as well as some of the newer ESP.

New Z from this past year is really nice though. The swirl glo MJ comet is good too.