• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

i only wish they made something that was like the comet but only a little faster

Not to veer this into another MVP vs. **** thread, but you could try an Axis. I have benched the Comets in favor of the Axis. It's very similar to a Comet, but it's a little more forgiving, and therefore I feel like I can throw it harder/further, and even work a little better.

just picked up a Z comet hopefully i will love it like all of you guys/ gals and clean my form up a little bit

i know there are a few floating around out there but i have seen $40-$60 price tags on them.. havent heard much about how they throw but from the one person i did talk to they said it wasnt anything special other then the glo part of it

i know there are a few floating around out there but i have seen $40-$60 price tags on them.. havent heard much about how they throw but from the one person i did talk to they said it wasnt anything special other then the glo part of it

From what I remember they were a super limited run made for one of the discraft pros (Scott Papa maybe? i don't remember honestly) so the higher price tag is more due to exclusivity than anything.

Sparkle glow comets are my vote for the 2nd exclusive run that discraft owes our club...

i think 40 is the highest one has gone for. i'm not sure if the tourney stamped ones are worth more than the team stamped ones...so i have no idea actually i traded for mine. they are nice but don't glow very well.

just picked up a Z comet hopefully i will love it like all of you guys/ gals and clean my form up a little bit

the z's are much more stable and not really a good representative of 'what' a comet is. if you want to throw one for help with form, get some in x plastic. much better suited for that purpose.

Wow. Lots of love for the Comet.. Can't say I enjoyed mine much.

mooninites.jpg

sounds like a personal problem

From what I remember they were a super limited run made for one of the discraft pros (Scott Papa maybe? i don't remember honestly) so the higher price tag is more due to exclusivity than anything.

The original run of glows was indeed made for Scott Papa. I seem to remember him saying that it was a very limited test run (250-500 I think). They have the little alien stamp on them, but I also rember seeing another stamp on sale recently from other retailers.

Latest posts