• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

the z's are much more stable and not really a good representative of 'what' a comet is. if you want to throw one for help with form, get some in x plastic. much better suited for that purpose.

Yeah That's what I've heard, but they didn't have any x comet's at the PIAs i went to, so i figured i would start with it. Threw it a few times today and im digging it may pick up an x in the near future.

Still loving my comets though i did get rid of a dozen or so.
Im only carring 12 discs so im only using a rr for all my comet duties; its a lil overstable (for a comet) but it works.

While the alien glows are better for collecters, imo, the bar stamps are better throwers.

Yeah, you don't seem to like nice discs.

I love the Wizard, Buzzz, Vector, Anode, Valk, Mako, Cheetah, Sidewinder, Predator, & Beast..

I don't like the Comet, Ion, Wolf, Roc, Magnet, or Axis.

I don't think it's that I don't like good discs.. It's all a matter of what you like. I'm just not a fan of the Comet. I just see all this love.. Idk. Hardly any love for the Vector, Cheetah, or Mako.. All fine discs IMO.

Still loving my comets though i did get rid of a dozen or so.
Im only carring 12 discs so im only using a rr for all my comet duties; its a lil overstable (for a comet) but it works.

While the alien glows are better for collecters, imo, the bar stamps are better throwers.

To be honest, I wouldn't throw either one; it would be way too expensive to replace if I were to lose it. A Z Comet with a glow stick would suit me just fine and I'll take ESP in the daylight.

Speaking of which, I have a very Z-like ESP Comet (Zespy?) and I was just trying to confirm which run it's from. I want to say third run, can anyone confirm?

^^ does it have any tooling on the bottom? no tooling and sticker weight = third run.. tooling would be 1st or 2nd but dunno of anyway to tell 1st and 2nd apart ... pretty sure thats right.. its a lil early and dont have my comets in front of me lol

To be honest, I wouldn't throw either one; it would be way too expensive to replace if I were to lose it. A Z Comet with a glow stick would suit me just fine and I'll take ESP in the daylight.

Speaking of which, I have a very Z-like ESP Comet (Zespy?) and I was just trying to confirm which run it's from. I want to say third run, can anyone confirm?

The comet isnt really a likey mold for me to lose.
Outside of breaking a couple in, i generally only use my glows for glow rounds.

3rd run is without tooling as stated above.

Not to veer this into another MVP vs. **** thread, but you could try an Axis.

I just recently began tinkering with an axis after a while using (and really liking) a vector. I agree, as a driver-style midrange -- meaning a mid that thinks its a driver as opposed to a mid that thinks it a putter, see Buzzz v. Roc respectively -- it's a fantastic straight flying disc. The reason I love my comet more is because of its ability to give me straight flying, long gliding shots at anywhere from 100% down to 50% power. It powers down so well. The axis and vector with how gyroscopic they are need to be thrown close to full power to do what they're meant to. At least in my experience. But all are fantastic discs.

a gummy z-comet.. wow cant say i have ever seen or felt one of those.. most of mine are very stiff.. maybe a couple a lil softer but none anywhere near gummy.. sounds sick

I love the Wizard, Buzzz, Vector, Anode, Valk, Mako, Cheetah, Sidewinder, Predator, & Beast..

I don't like the Comet, Ion, Wolf, Roc, Magnet, or Axis.

I don't think it's that I don't like good discs.. It's all a matter of what you like. I'm just not a fan of the Comet. I just see all this love.. Idk. Hardly any love for the Vector, Cheetah, or Mako.. All fine discs IMO.

Well the comet was one of the primary discs for Ron Russell when he broke the streak and won the world championship, not to mention it's one of the best pure golf discs ever and has been around for a really long time.

The vector and mako might be decent discs, but they don't have history and certainly haven't proven to sell as consistently for as many years. If it didn't sell well, bigD wouldn't be spending the money to keep molding it.

what's up with discraft people.. if you say you don't like any disc made by discraft they jump all over you.

all he said was that he just prefers other discs, who cares what sells more and has more history. britney spears has sold records for a decade and she's a moron who makes ****ty music. the box office receipts don't make something great.

personally i prefer the mako over the comet as well, so go ahead and bash me for loving a disc that doesn't have much history or doesn't sell as well. who the **** cares.

Over the past year I found two comets, both with phone numbers on the back. I called both owners and gave both back. At that point, I had never heard of a comet and threw them both a couple times befor returning them. I really liked throwing them and eventually got one of my own. I now carry 2 comets in my bag. One is ESP and the other is Z. Last sunday I got my second ace with my z comet. I like the buzzz, roc and meteor but the comet is my go-to midrange disc.

what's up with discraft people.. if you say you don't like any disc made by discraft they jump all over you.

all he said was that he just prefers other discs, who cares what sells more and has more history. britney spears has sold records for a decade and she's a moron who makes ****ty music. the box office receipts don't make something great.

personally i prefer the mako over the comet as well, so go ahead and bash me for loving a disc that doesn't have much history or doesn't sell as well. who the **** cares.

Thank you.. I 100% agree. Sales don't mean anything. The music industry has proved that for the last decade. Mako doesn't sell that well but it is a fun disc. I just don't like the Comet.. Discraft made great discs (Predator, Buzzz).. I'm not a guy who doesn't like Discraft.. Just stating how I feel on a loved disc.

Innova fanboys are just as bad or Worse..

Innova makes a ton of great molds. I could understand if you said "where's the shark, stingray, onterio roc love". Those are all beautifully slow and beaded, but dont even compare that un beaded garbage makeno to a comet.

Innova fanboys are just as bad or Worse..

Agreed again.. I must say, who cares who makes what!? Honestly, Lat 64's River, MVP's Vector, Innova's Valkyrie, Discraft's Buzzz, and Gateway's Wizard.. All fantastic discs. Why not throw that disc because it says Innova or Discraft on it. Who cares! I guess that's exactly it. Throw what you want.. Feedback (positive or negative) it's all needed.

Innova makes a ton of great molds. I could understand if you said "where's the shark, stingray, onterio roc love". Those are all beautifully slow and beaded, but dont even compare that un beaded garbage makeno to a comet.

How are you going to say the Mako is garbage? Seriously. The thing is beautiful. It flies well and feels like a putter.. Just the speed of a Mid. Great disc.

I just stated I don't like the comet.. I think the Buzzz, Vector, & Mako are the 3 greatest mids of all time. Without question the Buzzz is the number one overall disc in most disc golfer's mind.

How are you going to say the Mako is garbage? Seriously. The thing is beautiful. It flies well and feels like a putter.. Just the speed of a Mid. Great disc.

I just stated I don't like the comet.. I think the Buzzz, Vector, & Mako are the 3 greatest mids of all time. Without question the Buzzz is the number one overall disc in most disc golfer's mind.

Yep. I see them thrown well frequently. I just dislike them on principle. They are part of the trend of discs that are too fast and long for their said roles. I dont like the buzzz, vector, or mako. I like discs like comets, rocs, and discs that are in the same family as rocs and comets. I feel mids excell at lineshaping and discs like makos and buzzez will never break in to shape lines like a shark,roc, etc... Their faster speed and strength on low lines also makes them harder to power down.

This is all ofcourse jmo but thats what you get for hatin on the comet in the comet lovers ththread;)

Yep. I see them thrown well frequently. I just dislike them on principle. They are part of the trend of discs that are too fast and long for their said roles. I dont like the buzzz, vector, or mako. I like discs like comets, rocs, and discs that are in the same family as rocs and comets. I feel mids excell at lineshaping and discs like makos and buzzez will never break in to shape lines like a shark,roc, etc... Their faster speed and strength on low lines also makes them harder to power down.

This is all ofcourse jmo but thats what you get for hatin on the comet in the comet lovers ththread;)

I dislike the Roc also.. Are there just two separate people in this world when it comes to discs lol. Roc/Comet lovers and Roc/Comet dislikers.. The shark is ehh..

Vector & Buzzz are just too beautiful though!! Buzzz can do anything you tell it too. How can't you like that :p haha. It's whatever. Interesting to learn what other people think of discs you love and/or don't like.. This sport is fascinating.. In the shop, online, and the course.. Best sport ever!! :)

Latest posts