• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

mmmm comet. most fun disc to throw there ever was. just got these two beauts.
IMG_10921.jpg

personally i prefer the mako over the comet as well, so go ahead and bash me for loving a disc that doesn't have much history or doesn't sell as well. who the **** cares.

he said he didn't understand why the discs he liked didn't get the hype of a comet, and I gave him an answer. I didn't bash him, or the discs he likes (I have never thrown a mako, vector, or cheetah, for example), just simply stated what's already very well known.

I still carry a comet, but I've gravitated back towards the roc, so idk why the comments I made cause me to be considered 'discraft people' Knowing why discs stay around is a good way to learn history of the game as well, you can see what people were throwing 15+ years ago winning world championships - not a lot of those discs are around anymore. The ones that are, are still pretty darn good discs in this era.

Last edited:
Knowing why discs stay around is a good way to learn history of the game as well, you can see what people were throwing 15+ years ago winning world championships - not a lot of those discs are around anymore. The ones that are, are still pretty darn good discs in this era.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hfive:

I almost hit a cop with a comet today! they drive up the path near the lincolm memorial and i was throwing my new orange esp comet....i flip it over and here comes the cop...then another dude while biking on that path almost caught it from 250 out...i was kinda awesome.

I didn't hit the cop but DC cops are so fat i don't think it would have knocked him off!

did i mention i just got 10 first run esp comets!!! the plastic is really nice and weird thing is a couple feel like CE plastic? just wondering if i'm crazy for saying that.

i have a gummy Z that is stamped ESP too. i guess discraft says it is ESP but def would say gummy Z like innova XG plastic.
Nikon00002418.jpg

Just ordered a X comet... I've had a meteor for this spot but I've lost my main meteor and the 2 backups I had are kinda stable. I need an automatic (when thrown flat) smooth anhyzer disc. I'm hoping a x comet fits the spot...?

i have a gummy Z that is stamped ESP too. i guess discraft says it is ESP but def would say gummy Z like innova XG plastic.

a friend of mine has a new run that's exactly like yours. slightly translucent, wonderful feel. 'champy-star' if you will :)

Just ordered a X comet... I've had a meteor for this spot but I've lost my main meteor and the 2 backups I had are kinda stable. I need an automatic (when thrown flat) smooth anhyzer disc. I'm hoping a x comet fits the spot...?

i would just beat the crap out of one of your meteors while the comet is in the mail. it's a great disc but not exactly what you are looking for, i think. unless you are torquing it, the comet just flies on the angle you release it. it will hold an anhyzer when thrown on anhyzer. but it's significantly slower than a meteor - they are on opposite ends of the mid range speed spectrum.

I almost hit a cop with a comet today! they drive up the path near the lincolm memorial and i was throwing my new orange esp comet....i flip it over and here comes the cop...then another dude while biking on that path almost caught it from 250 out...i was kinda awesome.

I didn't hit the cop but DC cops are so fat i don't think it would have knocked him off!

did i mention i just got 10 first run esp comets!!! the plastic is really nice and weird thing is a couple feel like CE plastic? just wondering if i'm crazy for saying that.

I have one exactly like the one on your top right. Is that black spot in your plastic? The one I have has two tiny black spots inside the plastic. It's a Z'ish feeling ESP.

Nikon00002418.jpg

yeah i have a couple first runs that i love but arent throwing at the moment.. been sticking with elite-z for now but my First Runs just feel buttah and ones i actually flat as hell

First and Second Runs have tooling on the bottom and most have a writtne weight in pen.. maybe all of them.. the 3rd Run has no tooling and sticker weight

i have no idea on that one brotha lol.. i usually just ask for early run comets but as far as i know there isnt really a way to tell.. someone might know but i have never heard of one.. maybe by color? :confused:

If you have fondled the 1st and 2nd runs, you can kinda guess as the ESP plastic in the 2nd run seemed pretty stiff. The 3rd runs have high shoulders, which seems to be why some people don't like them. They just don't like the feel in the hand.

All three end up flying pretty similar, so I don't think there is ever going to be a huge clamor for 1st run ESP's. Why pay more for a 1st run when you can get a 3rd run that flies the same?

^^^ oh yeah im with ya.. the main reason i prefer the earlier ones is b/c the few i have arent as uber domey as the 3rd runs seemed to be but im sure they all vary .. i havent really thrown them together but i had heard the 3rd runs were closer to elite-z stability then the earlier ones but even then i doubt its enough to even notice.. for me anyway

So I borrowed a friend's comet for some field work. I can get it out to about 210' consistently, max at about 225', how far should I be throwing this thing? I'm mainly throwing it to try and improve form. Love how laser straight this disc can fly, though. Might have to get myself one.