• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

still waiting for my comet ace.. I have smashed chains or hit metal like 6 or 7 times but no ace with it yet still carves some pretty sick lines still :) even after 2 years

I don't understand why I ever take this disc in and out of my bag. Played a round with my seasoned tye dye x comet today, so money. Probably the longest mid I throw if I hit it right.

The Comet is without a doubt my favorite disc! If I could only play with one disc that would be it.
I have used all the different models but the Elite-X is my favorite. Its so responsive; I can turn it so nicely. The Ron Russell signature Comets are also awesome but much rarer.

I like the X's but for whatever reason, I love how the ESP's feel and fly out of my hand. They just seem like knives spinning through the air with this beautiful, elegant flight.

Played Castle Hayne yesterday while on vacation and damn was it fun throwing my comets on that course. Perfect disc for a course like that.

I just started throwing a couple of comets, really enjoying them.

I've got a max weight Z and a Glow Z in the bag at the moment.

The glow is pretty flat and will flip flat from a hyzer. Great turnover disc. Never even thinks of pulling out of an anny.

The Z is a tick more stable. Thrown flat and hard it'll go straight and maybe tail a little right (RHBH). I can get it to hold a super glidey hyzer and it is the farthest mid I've ever thrown. Full power I can get it to flip to flat and go straight.

My question is, what is the most overstable comet in production at the moment? I'd really like to be able to rip on a comet flat and see it go straight and even with a tick of fade. Maybe it doesn't exist but something with comet glide and buzzz fade would be pretty cool.

I recently made the switch to cycling rocs for my mids.......picked up a comet to fill the under stable side of things till rocs break in. This thing flys so nice, it made me rethink my whole roc thing. The comet is stupid straight for effortless 200+ mid range shots. It looks and feels like a roc so it fits nicely w my set up. I could see this disc stayin in the bag. I feel more confortable throwing tree gaps with it cause I can power down a bit and concentrate on accuracy , while still getting good distance.

^^^same thing happened to me. Got a X comet, while my X buzz breaks in, but the comet will stay in my bag for sure!

My question is, what is the most overstable comet in production at the moment? I'd really like to be able to rip on a comet flat and see it go straight and even with a tick of fade. Maybe it doesn't exist but something with comet glide and buzzz fade would be pretty cool.

z plastic/glow plastic or some heavy X/ESP is closest, but nowhere near a buzzz.

honestly you're not going to find what you're looking for if you are looking for a buzzz-like fade . . . that's part of what makes the comet beeeyootiful.

I've found that domey Z Comets are the most stable. Not close to a Buzzz flight though. There's still some turn and a decent fade. Thrown with a little hyzer, mine(before it got beat in) would flip flat, fly straight, and actually fade at the end.

Get a 180 Z Comet they're pretty beefy.

I have one and love it. I can rip on it pretty hard without worry, however it will turn over with OAT like a Comet should. It also has some fade whereas my lighter weight X just goes straight all the way to the end (or right if I want it to).

I just made my entry into the world of Comet, an X model courtesy of Qikly. Haven't thrown it yet, but am looking forward to the wonders 1 disc rounds will do for my form... :)

From Discraft, Hornet, Buzzz and the Comet are the discs I've wanted to try for a long time.. still haven't. Maybe some day..

I've heard all the Comet talk for a while and I had a chance to get one last week. It's a 174 glo-z.

It one of the easiest disc to land straight that I've ever use. Now, I said land straight. On perfectly flat releases, no problem. Almost lasers with zero fade. If I accidentally throw with a little oat it'll go in a tight "s" glide but land the same place.

I'm still getting used to it and I've thrown it a lot in the field but I need to use it a lot more playing some rounds.

I have had more questions and comments over my Comet recently than any other disc I've thrown. I'll throw a dead straight lazer that glides out to 300 ft and people are like "what the hell was that?" When I tell them it's a comet they cannot believe it. Just a little hyzer and it pops up flat and rides dead straight. Or I can rip it with hyzer and it'll roll right. Just an amazing disc. I also love that it talks to me. If my form is off it'll let me know. Pretty much the perfect disc.

I have had more questions and comments over my Comet recently than any other disc I've thrown. I'll throw a dead straight lazer that glides out to 300 ft and people are like "what the hell was that?" When I tell them it's a comet they cannot believe it. Just a little hyzer and it pops up flat and rides dead straight. Or I can rip it with hyzer and it'll roll right. Just an amazing disc. I also love that it talks to me. If my form is off it'll let me know. Pretty much the perfect disc.

that is a good writeup. i hear that too. wish it would autofix my form. go to a field with your putters and 10 comets. This will make you a better golfer.

Latest posts