• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Connecticut -> ?official thread?

kmanoni

Bogey Member
*first post ** sick!
ive been a long time reader of this site - thx Blake!

so i am from Connecticut and i love disc golf.
ive been playing at wickham a lot. i also go to marshall street once in a while.

who else here plays in CT?

i have heard Cranbury is good now and thursday doubles is cool, but ive never been there. never been to the doubles at wickham either.

i found a kinda crappy little course in Orange (its near where i live and work) so i can get some 'field like' practice there. ive met one other guy there and he said he plays all the time and im the only other person he has seen playing there.

This is my second year of playing on a regular basis. i was introduced to the game about 5 years ago and i carried an old buzzzz that i got at Beauty and the Beast in Maine on my first ever round. i still have the disc.

so anyways ... im looking for peeps in CT.

oh yeah ... and im planning on making it out for the vibram open, camping at pyramids.

UHHHH hey man. 860 4 life.
I play wick all the time, live 5 mins away. Some other places to check out are Tolland doubles on wednesdays and Heroes when it opens up again.
Did you play the GHDGO last wknd???
Cranbury Classic this wknd?

The Natural said:
UHHHH 860 4 life.

i missed registration for both events. my 2 buddies played the GHO. one of them placed 3rd in the amateur division. i heard some sandbagger moved down a division to get some tournament mojo back and ended up winning in a playoff.

ive played tolland plenty. i went to uconn and my buddies are from mansfield/storrs area.

kmanoni said:
The Natural said:
UHHHH 860 4 life.

i missed registration for both events. my 2 buddies played the GHO. one of them placed 3rd in the amateur division. i heard some sandbagger moved down a division to get some tournament mojo back and ended up winning in a playoff.

ive played tolland plenty. i went to uconn and my buddies are from mansfield/storrs area.

That will be funny if you arent joking because the sandbagger who you speak of is The Natural. Big ups to Shawn for his first AM1 win, he totally deserved it.

yeah seriously, shawn is progressing quite nicely.. watch out for team tolland, as long as they keep peters...

who knows, maybe team buff will get in the bidding for him.

I dont know if your buddy is AM 1 or 2... b/c 3rd in AM1 was PJ Dan ... I bet he doesnt bitch about Shawn winning..

so your buddy must be AM2 Charles Ratcliffe... um no. No sandbagging call warranted.. Smolly needed to win before coming up to AM1.

So. as I say. FYF.

(Fuck your Face)

Solbo said:
yeah seriously, shawn is progressing quite nicely.. watch out for team tolland, as long as they keep peters...

who knows, maybe team buff will get in the bidding for him.
Thanks man. That was my first advanced win. I won cranbury last summer in am2 and moved up after that. I think he is refering to smolin. You really can't call me a bagger. Not yet anyway. Am1 is right where I belong.

As far as I know right now Mr Peters is sticking around. Although there is one open spot on team wick.

Mullen was just on that day...while everyone else was having a tough go at it. for some reason whenever i play with jay bayer i cant put anything together and my game falls to crap...talk about a bagger

congrats, dude...hopefully ill get an am1 win soon to... :roll:

kmanoni said:
The Natural said:
UHHHH 860 4 life.

Actually dude, that was me, and seriously, since I don't know you at all, please refrain from the sandbagger comment. :?

Since it was a PDGA event, and my rating is still an anemic 887, I was well within my rights to play AM2. Greg (who tied me) and I would have missed last cash in AM1 by one stroke - so I think we played in an appropriate division.

And my last point is this - the real reason I moved back down as to get exactly the type of experience I got playing on a lead card, and although not playing well in the second round, doing enough to hold on for the win.

PS - Chuck played exceptionally well, shooting the hot AM2 round of 67. He's got a good game, and I'd appreciate it if you told him that I enjoyed playing that second round with him.

PPS - Thanks for backing me up Steve. Your absolutely right... getting that win gave me the confidence I needed to know that I do belong in the Advanced division. It had been a tough start to my 2008 with bottom half finishes at Kisco and FDR. But solid showings at the ACT, Spring Fling, and the GHdGO, have me feeling really good for Saturday at my home course ... Cranbury, where I will be playing Advanced.

Wiiiick. Tomorrow Wick invades Cranbury, SoCT ain't so tough.

And wow. Don't think that kmanoni will be posting again any time soon. That's shit luck, but you can't be so loose throwing the "SB" word around, man. One of the worst insults in golf.

nice drive kid said:

And wow. Don't think that kmanoni will be posting again any time soon. That's shit luck, but you can't be so loose throwing the "SB" word around, man. One of the worst insults in golf.

My guess tomorrow is am2 will be decided between these three:
Chris Bunce
Nick Holmes
Ozzy Nunez

The Natural said:
nice drive kid said:

My guess tomorrow is am2 will be decided between these three:
Chris Bunce
Nick Holmes
Ozzy Nunez

It's gonna be close, man. We've been practicing together at Cran for weeks and Nick and Oz are staying at my place in Milford tonight. I'd say we're all pretty much even with each other at this point. I can't fucking wait.

kmanoni said:
how does cranbury compare to wickham ?

Milford eh? i work at sikorsky in stratford.

I hear the planes landing at Sikorsky pretty much constantly. I live on Milford Point, right across the water.

Cranbury rules. I'm not afraid to say it. Definitely not as many huge open holes as Wickham, although there are a few, but the technical woods holes make up for it. They have two layouts now, and the red course is a monster. Awesome course, a must-play.