• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Connecticut -> ?official thread?

I went to UConn too and played Cross Farms almost every day for two years, and my first impression is that Cranbury's actually more open than X-Farms. Some of the shots seem like they're open field fairway shots in the middle of the woods. I think Cross Farms is harder, but there are enough trees that your discs will have dings after a round. Don't get it twisted; Cranbury is tough. I just think that Cross Farms is a little tougher.

Anybody have feelings about this?

i actually work at the sikorsky factory where we build blackhawk helicopters... not sikorsky airport. but no biggie.

i have played cross farms and wickham prob about 100 times each. Not bad for only playing regularly for a little over 2 years.

im def gonna hit up cranbury. i guess ill try to make it for the next thursday doubles.

my name is Kevin and im sure ill get to meet all the CT peeps eventually.

The Natural said:
nice drive kid said:
Wiiiick. Tomorrow Wick invades Cranbury, SoCT ain't so tough.

And wow. Don't think that kmanoni will be posting again any time soon. That's shit luck, but you can't be so loose throwing the "SB" word around, man. One of the worst insults in golf.

My guess tomorrow is am2 will be decided between these three:
Chris Bunce
Nick Holmes
Ozzy Nunez

Go Ozzy!!!

Post Cranbury Classic Update:

Ozzy had a tough first round shooting a 71. But he played SICK golf the second round shooting a 54 8) 8)

Greg Aucoin got the win he deserved after losing in our playoff the week before. He shot 118 for the day, and would have finished in 6th by himself in AM1.

I shot a personal best 57 the first round, backed it up a sub-standard 63, for a 120 overall. Good enough for a tie for sixth in AM1 though.

Nice words were spoken about Cranbury by all who attended.

Craig Smolin said:
Post Cranbury Classic Update:

Ozzy had a tough first round shooting a 71. But he played SICK golf the second round shooting a 54 8) 8)

Greg Aucoin got the win he deserved after losing in our playoff the week before. He shot 118 for the day, and would have finished in 6th by himself in AM1.

I shot a personal best 57 the first round, backed it up a sub-standard 63, for a 120 overall. Good enough for a tie for sixth in AM1 though.

Nice words were spoken about Cranbury by all who attended.

Kaboom :twisted: I blew up at cranbury. It kicked my azz. However I redeemed myself last night at wick league shooting 55 on the long layout (7,9,18). That actually tied my personal best of a 55 on the short layout.

i hit every tree on fist round for an ugly 71. that second round felt like i couldnt miss a line it was awsome parked every shot for that sick 54 :mrgreen:

Connecticuticans,

My hats off to you! I had the chance to play Wickham yesterday and all I can say is wow. About the closest I've ever seen to a perfect course. The BEST kept of course I've played as I saw NO garbage, vadalism, graffiti on the signs, etc anywhere. The tees were immaculate, the signs were top notch, and the course offered everything and then some. I only wish I could play it more often though.

THANK YOU!!!!!

pd

i have played more rounds at wickham than anywhere else ...and the more courses i play, the more i appreciate wickham. its GREAT.
Maple Hill is better.
Beauty and the Beast in Maine is nice too.

pointdisc said:
Connecticuticans,

My hats off to you! I had the chance to play Wickham yesterday and all I can say is wow. About the closest I've ever seen to a perfect course. The BEST kept of course I've played as I saw NO garbage, vadalism, graffiti on the signs, etc anywhere. The tees were immaculate, the signs were top notch, and the course offered everything and then some. I only wish I could play it more often though.

THANK YOU!!!!!

pd
Nice to hear you liked the Wick. It's great to have that 5 minutes away. The course really is in the best shape right now than it ever has been thanks to a lot of hard working volunteers. I just wish they would let us keep the baskets in yr. round.

I will be up in this area in August, need to look up courses and where I will be staying. will be in Danbury, and see there is a course 10 miles with 18 baskets.

Cranbury park is close to Danbury I would recomend that and a 40 min drive to wickham. Cranbury is great one set of tees with tee pads and two sets of baskets. If you pm me I'll meet up with you and show you around wick or maybee tolland as well. It's worth your drive from danbury.

That is also not too far from Warwick, just in the other direction from Wick. If you are going to drive to Warwick plan on a full day so you can play the different combos of layouts

Hi all, I'm a newbie to this forum and been playing disc golf for not quite a year now. I started at Wickham, and every other course I've played has paled in comparison. The more I play elsewhere the happier I am that I have Wick 3 miles away.

I played this morning, and was pleased to see long holes on 7 and 9. I told my dad, and he goes, "A 600 ft par 3 and they think they need a LONG pin?" The new work on hole 1 looks great too.

I'm not very good yet, but I'm thinking about joining the Tuesday night league once fall hits. My name's Aaron. See you around.

Aaron - join NOW. Wickham will close after Halloween. You will get better between now and then by playing in the league.

nice drive kid said:
kmanoni said:
does Nick Holmes post on DGR?

Nope. Too busy with all the wangs in his mouth.

HA!
awesome.

too bad he isnt on DGR.
i knew him from when i was at uconn. he used to chill at my house over near mansfield center<2003-2004>. i saw him at wickham yesterday and didnt realize it was him until he was too far away.

yeah ... back in the day he always had cockbreath.

is anyone planning on going to Cranbury Park <norwalk, CT> Doubles tonight?
30% chance of isolated t-storms... will they cancel the event if it is raining?
ive never been to cranbury and i got into work early hoping to play.